Start by marking “Pretty Face, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Pretty Face, Vol. 1

Pretty Face, Vol. 1 (Pretty Face #1)

He wanted to be her boyfriend...He'll settle for being her twin sister!

When his school bus crashes, teenage karate star Rando is sent into a coma. A year later he wakes up to find that his disfigured face has been reconstructed in the image of his secret crush, Rina! Not knowing what Rando originally looked like, the mad plastic surgeon Dr. Manabe used a photo in Rando's p
Published August 7th 2007 by VIZ Media LLC

To ask other readers questions about Pretty Face, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pretty Face, Vol. 1

Amy
Oct 12, 2007 Amy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Okay, I have a thing for boys and girls who cross-dress in manga. See my love for Tenshi ja Nai! or W Juliet... Hell, look at Ouran Koukou Host Club. This one's up there too... I picked it up because the art looked nice, and being a Shonen Jump Advanced title, I was hoping for something that was fairly interesting, and it really didn't disappoint.

Basic story? Boy loves girl. Girl loves boy. Neither knows this about the other. Boy is in bus crash and is so horribly burned, that his family thinks
Alisi ☆ wants to read too many books ☆
Wha... what? WTF is this?! First book of the year and it's TERRIBLE! It can only go up from here. RIGHT GUYZ?! RIGHT?!

Stay strong Alisi! New full length Moon book comes this year. T_T
Jim Riggs
Mar 13, 2017 Jim Riggs rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paperback
Funny and story with some great characters. Rondo's difficulty adjusting to his live as a girl make for a fun and amusing roller coaster of a read.
Harper Kingsley
Jun 15, 2011 Harper Kingsley rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
The most hilarious premise ever. Honestly.

A boy--kind of a rough, bully guy--is on the school bus when it crashes. Everyone else gets out all right... he gets his face burned off and everyone thinks he's dead. He's in a coma for nearly a year/a year.

When he wakes up, his limbs are all skinny and weak from lack of exercise. Then he sees himself in the mirror and freaks out. The crazy doctor--who's a fascinating character all himself, and is a regular throughout the series--tells him that he got h
Bending The Bookshelf
Well now, wasn't this a fun but of PG-rated shojo manga! Cute, amusing, and deliciously twisted, it's the story of an arrogant bully who is horribly mangled and left for dead after a bus crash, only to have his face reconstructed in the image of his high-school crush (whose photo he keeps in his wallet).

It's a rather preposterous scenario, but the book quickly owns up to the fact, which makes the whole thing a bit more clever than I expected. Although the usual manga exaggerated facial expressi
Dorcas
Jun 19, 2008 Dorcas rated it liked it
I picked this up after flipping through one of those sample chapter collections that they pass out at the conventions. Pretty silly premise. The blurb on the back goes: "He wanted to be her boyfriend... He'll settle for being her twin sister." Rando is a rough and tumble high school student who's in love with a quiet girl. One day he gets into an accident, and a year later he wakes up with the face of crush, because the mad doctor who did the reconstructive surgery couldn't figure out what he lo ...more
Wee!wawaLAA!!!
Jan 14, 2008 Wee!wawaLAA!!! rated it it was amazing
Julie
May 31, 2012 Julie rated it liked it
Incredibly implausible premise. Dude gets in an accident, everyone thinks he's dead, but a surgeon has reconstructed his face based on a pic of a girl he likes. So now he looks like her, apart from still being a dude. And it turns out she has a twin sister who ran away two years ago. So now he gets to be her.

See? Told you it was implausible.

Wacky hijinks ensue. Mostly involving half-naked or fully naked girls. (Srsly, girls don't act like that when there aren't boys around. Just so you know.)
Terry
Mar 22, 2008 Terry rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of gender bending
Never read Manga before and I have to say you have to develop new reading muscles to get use to it!

An amusing read if you can get past the fact that in this world it seems the most powerful force in Universe is coincidence.

Frankly I could just never really get into the improbable premise, and I have a pretty well developed ability to suspend disbelief.
Astri
Nov 15, 2008 Astri rated it it was ok
The two words I feel best describe this series are: dementably fun. While Pretty Face is by no means the best manga I've read, it was at the very least entertaining, earning a few snickers on my part.
Shadowjac
Mar 26, 2016 Shadowjac rated it really liked it
Shelves: shonen
What can I say? I mean it's not a smart manga, it's not thought provoking, and it's not subtle about the fact it's a fanservice series; despite all that it is super enjoyable and made me laugh. Maybe I only enjoyed it because I'm a fan of gender bender series. Oh well I'd recommend it.
Savvy
Aug 17, 2014 Savvy rated it it was ok
I can honestly say I could have found a better way to spend my time. They was a lot of booty showing and such and I would rather not have all of that in my head. Though, there are some amusing parts, there are not enough to say that I would read these books again.
Kricket
Mar 20, 2008 Kricket rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga, shonen, 2013
kind of...exactly what you would expect for a manga about a teenage boy who, after being injured in a car accident, is accidentally given the face of the girl he has a crush on and accepted into her family as her long-lost identical twin.
Josh Knuth
Nov 01, 2013 Josh Knuth rated it it was amazing
This manga series is hilarious! Just reading what this series is about makes me crack up!
Ari levi
Oct 22, 2007 Ari levi rated it liked it
Recommends it for: my friends outthere
funny!!!but, i cant find the rest of the books,,,
wondering how the end, is the best part....
Violeta
Jun 16, 2014 Violeta rated it liked it
I only read one volume. Not my type of book honestly. I respect the mangaka who wrote it. It was odd, but I did like the artwork. It was odd. It is funny. But it was odd
Chrysanthos
Jan 20, 2011 Chrysanthos rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I was rolling on the floor laughing when i started this manga! A Real must read even if you're not really a manga fan.
Reader17 Der
Oct 12, 2008 Reader17 Der rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-read
I am enjoying this series. It made me laugh the poor guy waking up and discovering that he know has a female face. The doctor is funny.
Rhapsody
Aug 06, 2007 Rhapsody rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Gender-bender fans
Shelves: manga, manga-comedy
One of the funniest mangas out there. It's meant for teenage boys, but I think that most people who like comedy and manga would get a kick out of it.
Mya
Aug 20, 2008 Mya rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Kind of wacky and weird, but good none-the-less.
Ivan
Jun 26, 2010 Ivan rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Four and a half stars. Very funny book. I think I'll give this series a try.
Karaoke OK
Oct 02, 2008 Karaoke OK rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-favorites
[Series Length: 6 volumes / Read: volumes 1-6]

AUTHOR = Yasuhiro Kano

(Would you like me to post a short review of this series? Feel free to place a request in my GoodReads InBox. Thanks!)
Becca
Apr 11, 2011 Becca added it
Very strange... just my type of book :D
Ash
Mar 24, 2016 Ash added it
very fun and light hearted but still dealt with interesting issues
Miliana
Dec 07, 2012 Miliana rated it liked it
Honestly, this wasn't that great of a manga that I've read. To a guys point of view this is probably funny but not for me.
Mariela
Aug 20, 2012 Mariela rated it really liked it
I read this in one day during work. Hilarious!!
Elizabeth
I started this but just wasn't that interested, it's not bad just not my thing.
Jazmin
Jul 25, 2011 Jazmin rated it really liked it
Very funny manga. I enjoyed every last bit of it.
Mary
Apr 11, 2014 Mary added it
I sense Yuri.........must stay away from it!
  • Strawberry 100% 2 (Strawberry, #2)
  • Buso Renkin, Vol. 5
  • Negima!: Magister Negi Magi, Volume 9
  • Suzuka, Vol. 1
  • 山田くんと7人の魔女 5 [Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo 5] (Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches, #5)
  • Monkey High!, Vol. 3
  • Air Gear, Vol. 1 (Air Gear, #1)
  • Hot Gimmick, Vol. 11
  • Magical X Miracle, Vol. 3 (Magical x Miracle, #3)
  • Bakuman, Volume 10: Imagination and Presentation (Bakuman, #10)
  • Rosario+Vampire: Season II, Vol. 6 (Rosario+Vampire: Season II, #6)

Pretty Face (6 books)
  • Pretty Face, Vol. 2
  • Pretty Face Vol. 3 (Pretty Face)
  • Pretty Face, Vol. 4 (Pretty Face)
  • Pretty Face, Vol. 5 (Pretty Face)
  • Pretty Face, Vol. 6