Start by marking “Freedom from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: A Personalized Recovery Program for Living with Uncertainty” as Want to Read:

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Freedom from Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder reveals Dr. Jonathan Grayson's revolutionary program to help sufferers make sense of their own compulsions through frank, unflinching self-evaluation-providing the tools, instructions, and knowledge for changing their cycles of overwhelming fear and endless rituals, as well as the courage to do it.

This indispensable book include
Published September 7th 2004 by Berkley Trade (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Freedom from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freedom from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

K
Jan 04, 2010 K rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: OCD sufferers and their therapists
Shelves: professionallit
True story: My mother-in-law had just left after a lengthy visit, and I was trying to get back into doing my own housework again. My mother-in-law is extremely helpful, but putting your house in someone else’s hands always comes at a price as things will not necessarily be done the way you would do them. Grateful as I was for her help, I found myself growing increasingly irritable as I searched for items that had been “put away” in unexpected places, found hidden dirt in areas she didn’t know to ...more
Jason
3.5. This book is comprehensive in terms of symptom coverage, and is a full self-help book replete with symptom checklists. There is also discussion of oc-spectrum disorders like body dysmorphic diaorder and hypochondrias. Although I don't agree with everything Grayson says, he takes more risks and is more open or honest than a sundry conception of OCD.
Alice
This is a very good book. It is also very intense. I wouldn't recommend it unless you're reading it for scholarship or you've exhausted all options for getting help from an actual person. And definitely buy a copy, don't get it from the library, so that you can go at your own pace.
Brigette
This man knows what he's talking about, and is very compassionate towards those who suffer from OCD. My copy was borrowed from the library, so I didn't fill out the exercises. Now, I want to buy it so I can do so! I highly recommend this book to those who know well the intense battle associated with coping with OCD.
Barb
Barb marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
D
D marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Rusty Smoker
Rusty Smoker marked it as to-read
Patty Klocko
Patty Klocko marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Laura is currently reading it
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Monica
Monica is currently reading it
May 14, 2015
Cw
Cw is currently reading it
May 03, 2015
Liora
Liora marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Ahmed
Ahmed marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Aimee Keith
Aimee Keith is currently reading it
Apr 13, 2015
april
april added it
Mar 17, 2015
Mariel
Mariel marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Sierra
Sierra added it
Mar 14, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Cheri
Cheri marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Roxanne Aguinaldo
Roxanne Aguinaldo marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015