Start by marking “Santa Claus, Lies, and Murder (Amber Fox #4.5)” as Want to Read:
Santa Claus, Lies, and Murder (Amber Fox #4.5)

Santa Claus, Lies, and Murder (Amber Fox #4.5)

Santa has gone missing and the fate of Christmas is in Amber Fox’s hands…

When the bones of St Nicholas, the original Santa Claus, are stolen from a special exhibit at the Natural History Museum on Christmas Eve, insurance investigator Amber Fox is hot on the thieves’ trail.

Jinxed spells, freaky insects, and a sack full of secrets take Amber on a bumpy sleigh ride. But ca
Published August 5th 2014 by Wonder Women Publishing Limited (first published July 28th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Santa Claus, Lies, and Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Santa Claus, Lies, and Murder

Joo
Aug 17, 2014 Joo rated it really liked it
Amber Fox is back and I'm happy to read a new story, even if it is just a shorter filler.
It is Christmas Eve and St Nicholas' bones have been stolen from a small local museum.

Having read and enjoyed the first four Amber stories, I immediately felt at home in the story. In saying that, I'm sure it works fine as a stand-alone, with just a few references to back story.

As this is a chick-lit mystery, you know how things will pan out, but it's all about the journey and this was an interesting, fun wh
Joseph - Relax And Read Reviews
Brilliant author Sibel Hodge, has very kindly sent me an advanced review copy of this book, the latest in her fantastic Amber Fox Mysteries series. I hadn't read any of the books in this series before, but now that I have, I am really glad to have started it as it is absolutely great, well written and entertaining.

It's Christmas time and someone has stolen a priceless, irreplaceable collection from the Natural History Museum in Hertford. This collection does not consist of animal or insect exhib
Anne
Aug 08, 2014 Anne rated it it was amazing
I thought I had read some of the books in the series when I started reading Santa Claus..., but I quickly realized I hadn't met Amber, Brad and their quirky sidekicks Hacker and Tia. The story stands well alone though.

The bones of St. Nick are stolen from a local museum and the story is about Amber and Brad working to get them back in the spirit of Christmas because although Brad's company insured the bones, the museum didn't meet the policy's requirements so Brad didn't have to pay out.

I could
Dianne
Aug 15, 2014 Dianne rated it it was amazing
What could be more fun that an Amber Fox Christmas Mystery? In this novella, the bones of Saint Christopher along with several other artifacts are stolen from Natural History Museum. Even though Brad’s insurance company is off the hook on paying for the loss, he feels it is their duty to save Santa Clause and return him to the exhibit. Will Foxy and Brad find and return Saint Christopher in time for Christmas? This series continues to be fresh, fun as well as funny and a bit sarcastic (which is ...more
Fiona Dyas
Aug 10, 2014 Fiona Dyas rated it it was amazing
A perfect Christmas novella to fit in between shopping and parties!
Around Christmas time when time is precious I enjoy having festive short stories to read between fitting in all those other things we have going on! This is perfect!
I have read all the other Amber Fox stories and enjoyed them immensely, so was thrilled when this came out.
Amber is investigating the theft of the bones of St Nicolas, the original Santa, from an exhibition in a local museum. She just can't let Christmas come around
Tom Elder
Aug 07, 2014 Tom Elder rated it it was amazing
Sibel Hodge. Amber Fox 4.5
Santa Claus, Lies and Murder.
This is a short story in the brilliant Amber Fox series, in which you'll find both captivating and hilarious. Amber who is an investigator for the hi-tec insurance company gets a case involving the theft of St Nicholas's bones from a local museum. Where do they start to look, and when an employee winds up being murdered things begin to fall into place. The in house banter between Amber, Brad, Tia and Hacker is brilliant, it makes this book s
Joanne
Aug 15, 2014 Joanne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sibel-hodge
I was really pleased when I saw that Sibel Hodge had written another Amber Fox mystery. Although 'Santa Claus, Lies and Murder' is short it is full of the usual fun, mystery and entertainment, and the regular characters appear in their full colour. Even though this is part of an ongoing series it can be read alone and still be very enjoyable.

I highly recommend this novella as well as the complete series.
Mina
Aug 10, 2014 Mina rated it it was amazing
Sibel Hodge has another winner, The Amber Fox Mysteries series ROCKS!
Amber and Brad are on the Saint Nicholas detail in this book after his bones are stolen.
Carol
Sep 10, 2014 Carol rated it it was amazing
Shelves: have-read
Love this short story so funny i have read this author before i love the Amber Fox mysteries books
Rachel Gilbey
Nov 22, 2015 Rachel Gilbey rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for something just a bit different with your Christmas reading this year, then this could easily be the book for you. Santa Claus, Lies and Murder, is a short (under 100 pages) cozy mystery novella, that is very easy to read, has a great selection of characters and just one mystery to solve.

The bones of the original St Nicholas have been stolen from a special exhibit at the annex branch of the Natural History Museum on Christmas Eve. That's right some lowlifes have stolen San
Chris
Jun 13, 2016 Chris rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, humor
For you Stephanie Plum fans out there this book is for you since it's on the same line. This books was a filler until the author's next book comes. Santa Claus's bones were stolen from an museum exhibit. There are a quirky characters. Since I am not all familiar with them I can only talk about the lead character who is Amber an ex-police officer who is now involved with a security firm and engaged to Brad, the owner. Amber has a deep fear of spiders and yes you guessed it there is a spider ...more
Terrie Stamey
Jul 19, 2015 Terrie Stamey rated it it was amazing
Santa Claus, Lies, and Murder-What a hoot!

This story was so funny, but kept me guessing as to who the thief was till the end. Our investigator is a real treasure, since she just loves to eat, all the time, plus doing investigating on her own. A great read and a good mystery to boot!
Sharon
Dec 28, 2015 Sharon rated it it was ok
Several religious objects have been stolen from a small museum. Although these specific objects were not insured, the investigators from the insurance company attempt to find the stolen objects, because it is Christmas after all. Unlikable characters and despite the topic, little or no holiday spirit is in evidence.
Lester Allen
Sep 16, 2014 Lester Allen rated it it was amazing
You have to live Amber for saving Santa Clause

Short story of the loss of St. Nicholas and how Amber and Brad help recover him. This is a taste of the fun the other books started. Happy filler until the next book gets here.
Cher Hudson
Nov 29, 2015 Cher Hudson rated it it was amazing
Fun book

Quirky like all of her books. Easy and quick read, a before bed wind down. An English version of Stephanie Plum!
Atila Yumuşakkaya
May 02, 2016 Atila Yumuşakkaya rated it it was amazing
Amber Fox took initiative to find the stolen bones of Santa Clause even though the insurance company she worked at had no financial liabilities for them.

It is fun to read this book.
Jasmine
Jasmine rated it liked it
Dec 12, 2015
Allison Schaber
Allison Schaber rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2014
Karen Martisek
Karen Martisek rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Hildekom
Hildekom rated it liked it
Dec 04, 2014
Beverly Miles
Beverly Miles rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2015
mandy roush
mandy roush rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2015
Nikki
Nikki rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2015
Kristi
Kristi rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2014
Jeanette montgomery
Jeanette montgomery rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2015
Linda M. Worrell
Linda M. Worrell rated it it was ok
Oct 03, 2014
Nikki Hammerson
Nikki Hammerson rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2015
Tania Martin
Tania Martin rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2016
Lorraine
Lorraine rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2015
BP
BP rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Secret of the Painted Lady (Danger Cove, #1)
  • Blue Christmas Balls: A Laugh Out Loud Comedy Novella
  • A Very Shitake Christmas (Shitake Mystery #1.5)
  • Message in a Bauble (Big Honey Dog Mysteries #3)
  • Snowed Inn (Who-Dun-Him Inn #1)
  • Antiques Slay Ride (A Trash 'n' Treasures Mystery, #7.5)
  • Single Woman Seeks Revenge
  • 39 weeks
  • An Avalon Christmas
  • Organized for Murder (Organized, #1)
  • Murder on the Candlelight Tour (Magnolia Mysteries, #2)
  • On the Run
  • A Cup of Cozy
  • Deadly in High Heels (High Heels, #9)
  • The Red Suit Diaries: A Real-Life Santa on Hopes, Dreams, and Childlike Faith
  • Sick Notes: A Doctor's Tale From The Front Lines Of Medicine
  • The Riddles of Hillgate (Z & C Mysteries #1)
  • A Very Coco Christmas (Prequel Short Story) (Coco Pinchard Series)
Sibel Hodge’s No. 1 Bestseller Look Behind You has now sold over a quarter of a million copies. Her books are International Bestsellers in UK, USA, Australia, France, and Germany. She writes an eclectic mix of genres, and she's a passionate human and animal rights advocate.

Her work has been nominated and shortlisted for numerous prizes, including the Harry Bowling Prize, the Yeovil Literary Prize
More about Sibel Hodge...

Amber Fox (5 books)
  • Fashion, Lies, and Murder (Amber Fox, #1)
  • Money, Lies, and Murder (Amber Fox, #2)
  • Voodoo, Lies, and Murder (Amber Fox, #3)
  • Chocolate, Lies, and Murder (Amber Fox, #4)
  • Vegas, Lies, and Murder (Amber Fox, #5)