Start by marking “Vision of Hyperborea” as Want to Read:
Vision of Hyperborea

Vision of Hyperborea

Humanity is on the brink of extinction from a genetic plague when an ancient colonizing ship—the Hyperborea—drifts back into the solar system from a failed mission, begun in an all-but-forgotten era. The gene pool of its occupants may hold the key to the survival of the human race.

Gorman Howell is an unassuming scientist from Earth who must tread uncomfortably close to th
Published July 30th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Vision of Hyperborea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vision of Hyperborea

Candi Olsen
Aug 22, 2014 Candi Olsen rated it it was amazing
Locals check out the author... yep you know him!

Ok I would give the story a 4.5. I really liked it. However if you include all of the scientific vs religion which I know is part of the story, it just seams overdone in some areas then it's a 3.5 or 4.

The author has a very clear writing style. His writing is enjoyable and easy to follow it quickly pulls you into the story. The story itself is quite an interesting futuristic Ender's Game meets religion type of book.

There is a lot of theological a
Heath Workman
May 30, 2016 Heath Workman rated it really liked it
I'd say that this book is a bit like Orson Scott Card's "Alvin Maker" stories, an exploration of the author's religious beliefs in a fictional alternate setting, and like Card, the religious ideas being explored are Mormon ones. I think the storytelling was better in Card's works but as far as the philosophical/religious idea exploration, I like this book better. Card was obviously retelling the life of Joseph Smith trough Alvin and I think Card misses the complexity of people and their ...more
Feb 03, 2015 Sarah rated it really liked it
An interesting book that really held our attention and made us want to keep reading. It made us think and like a good story presented us with several questions along the way making us wonder what would happen next or why something was the way it was, but too many questions were left unanswered at the end of the book.This is the first book in a series so I expect my questions will be answered in future books, but I feel like the book ended at the wrong point, as if it ended in the middle. I would ...more
Ryan Jeffrey Hill
Ryan Jeffrey Hill rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2015
John W.
Aug 12, 2014 John W. rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Anthony Roring
Anthony Roring rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Nate Kimbler
Nate Kimbler marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016