Start by marking “Khadija: The First Muslim and the Wife of the Prophet Muhammad” as Want to Read:
Khadija: The First Muslim and the Wife of the Prophet Muhammad

Khadija: The First Muslim and the Wife of the Prophet Muhammad

Exploring the birth period of Islam, this biography focuses on one of the most prominent and respected Muslim women in history, Khadija, the wife of the Prophet Muhammad. Addressing both her devotion and her leadership roles in Mecca, this book shines light on a figure who is an inspiration to women, both Muslim and non-Muslim alike.
Published March 1st 2008 by Light, Inc. (first published November 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Khadija, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

May
Sep 06, 2015 May rated it it was ok
Shelves: islam-sunni
Khadija was born in 555 CE. and was the daughter of Khuwaylid, who was amongst the most honored man of the Qurayshi tribe. Khadija married Muhammad (pbuh) in 595 CE. At this time, Muhammad (pbuh) wasn't a prophet yet. Khadija was an international business women and was married two times before the marriage with Muhammad (pbuh). Just as the Makkans called Muhammad ‘Sadiq' and ‘Ameen,' they called Khadija 'Tahira,' which means “the pure one.”

Khadija was the first wife of the prophet (pbuh) and is
Tahir Hussain
Feb 13, 2015 Tahir Hussain rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
This work is part of a series entitled ‘Leading Companions of the Prophet’ and what better way to begin than with the first Muslim to embrace Islam and the rock in the life of the Prophet Muhammad (ṣallā Allāhu ʿalayhi wasallam), Khadija bint Khuwaylid.

The book has been written by Reṣit Haylamaz and translated from the original Turkish by Hulya Cosar. It is the story of one of the most remarkable women to step foot on the earth. As you would expect it is interwoven in to the life of the Prophet
Shaheena
Aug 08, 2011 Shaheena rated it liked it
Subject great but writing left a lot to be desired.
Farah
May 29, 2017 Farah rated it really liked it
This book only covers the major events that happened in Khadija's life and it also describes how the Prophet Muhammad SAW loved her so much that he talked about her dignity, modesty and much more values of her a lot to his Companions even after her death.

There are also some pictures inserted in this book such as Khadija's veil she wore on her wedding and her box that might be used to store her valuable things or whatsoever, her place of maqam and much more.

Overall, this book is very simple and
Tariq Mahmood
May 12, 2012 Tariq Mahmood rated it did not like it
Shelves: islam
'At the time Khadija was born, Hijaz was, in every sense of the word, living in the time of ignorance. However there were a few roses among the swamp where people found solstice and wisdom...... ' What irony in the statement, how can you have a completely ignorant society which produces some of the wisest men on earth?
If you can somehow bypass such stark assumption made by the author and keep focused on trying to gauge as much information as possible about one of the most allusive and neglected
Notavailable
Feb 15, 2013 Notavailable rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religion
"Mary, mother of Jesus, is the best woman of the heavens, and the worthiest woman of the earth is Khadija, daughter of Khuwaylid"
(Prophet Muhammad)

I really enjoyed this book I don't know why I left it too late to read it!

I enjoyed the prophet Muhammad (SAW) and Khadija's relationship and the book was very good at portraying just how much our beloved prophet loved her.

The reason I did not give the book the full 5 stars was because there were certain parts to do with her personality and characte
nelwakil7
May 29, 2014 nelwakil7 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lady Khadija wanted to give prophet mohammed all the support necessary for him to cope with all the hate he received from the Quraish tribe. But this was not as easy as it sounded, prophet mohammed and lady khadija had to overcome adversity and make Islam the way it is today. It took some time but over an extensive period the prophet and his lovely wife khadija were able to convince the Quraish that Islam was a worth while cause. Then as the religion grew and grew, lady khadija fell terribly sic ...more
Sarah Khalida
Aug 07, 2016 Sarah Khalida rated it it was amazing
A great refresher story of Khadija's love, commitment and loyalty towards prophet Muhammad before & after his prophethood. She saw him as a leader even before his Prophethood. The faith she had in him, and the way prophet Muhammad cherished her after her death, is truly exemplary and a story everyone should read.

Some favourite quotes:

"Souls which are compatible will attract each other and meet on common ground." - On the fate of Khadija, meeting prophet Muhammad, as once said by prophet Muh
Mahwish Chowdhary
Jun 25, 2015 Mahwish Chowdhary rated it liked it
The book on Khadija, for her loyalty, dedication and unnerving character--fails to do justice to the subject—even though I enjoyed reading it, but I feel the subject did needed far more attention and research than the writer has given. I’m not too happy with the language either, nor how the writer gave his commentary! But on the whole, I’m glad I read the book—on Khadija R.A. it’s a useful read, and I do recommend to all the beginners like me who have no knowledge about people like hers who chan ...more
Muslimah Mummy
Apr 06, 2013 Muslimah Mummy rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Sharing my name with the wife above and having chosen it based on my admiration for her. I grabbed the chance to learn more from her life story and lessons. This book was written very well and I became engrossed in it, so much so that when the book ended I was left disappointed that I was already finished. I highly recommend this to sisters looking to connect with the Wife of the Prophet s.w.s more and in doing try to benefit from her beauty,wisdom and elegance.
joanna
Dec 14, 2015 joanna rated it liked it
Interesting, simply written, quick read about Muhammad's first wife, Khadija. She is described as "one of the most dynamic and vital personages of the Islamic history." Khadija was older than the Prophet, had been married twice before and was a successful international businesswoman. "She was wealthy; she was a capable, smart, attractive, mature woman whom everyone held in high regard."
Muhammad Agustiuddin
Jun 18, 2016 Muhammad Agustiuddin rated it really liked it
Little did I know about her before I read this book. Thankfully now I know a little bit more. Prophet's first wife, his solace, his beloved ones, his first loyal follower. And her uncle Waraqa, who guides her and told her about the last Prophet's trait. She has been longing for the Prophet long before her successful career. Great book.
Saima
Dec 26, 2013 Saima rated it liked it
Shelves: own, 2013
Khadija's life deserves more academic attention and scholarly research. While I was happy to find this book, one solely devoted to the life of an incredible woman, I was not satisfied with the length of the book. A life like hers needs to be told in a 500+ page tome. My rating of 3 stars is for the writing not the subject matter.
Juliet
Feb 08, 2015 Juliet rated it liked it
A nice short concise description of the life of Khadija, first Muslim and wife of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). Explains a lot which is left out of most, like multiple children other than Fatima, and her marriages before she married the Prophet.
Shahrazad
Apr 23, 2010 Shahrazad rated it it was ok
You have to have the interest to enjoy this book.
El Fouad
May 30, 2014 El Fouad rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First book of its kind, full of emotions and faith. I highly recommend it for Muslims and non Muslims.
one word to describe the book : Enlightening.
Achmad Choliq
OK dah for moslem
Olenka
Oct 08, 2016 Olenka rated it it was amazing
Shelves: family, religion
The most beautiful story of love I have ever read !!!
yousif
Nov 13, 2016 yousif rated it it was amazing
It really is comprehensive and adds a very food piece of knowledge to your islamic info.
Highly recommended
Hamani
Hamani rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2013
Aminah
Aminah rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2015
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2015
Hanif
Hanif rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2015
Hassan Diab
Hassan Diab rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2013
Spencer
Spencer rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2017
Umm Aysha
Umm Aysha rated it it was ok
Jan 31, 2016
Sana Khan
Sana Khan rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2015
Arbaeyah
Arbaeyah rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2015
Emil
Emil rated it liked it
Sep 25, 2014
Safeena
Safeena rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Women Around the Messenger
  • From My Sisters' Lips
  • Sexual Ethics And Islam: Feminist Reflections on Qur'an, Hadith, and Jurisprudence
  • Great Women of Islam