Start by marking “A Florentine Revenge” as Want to Read:
A Florentine Revenge

A Florentine Revenge

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Celia lives and works in Florence as a tour guide and thinks the forthcoming birthday celebrations for the young wife of wealthy businessman Lucas Marsh, will bring the usual mix of museums, galleries and exclusive shopping. But, in the cold December weather a man's body is found in a disused swimming pool - a man who 15 years earlier was the chief suspect in an enquiry in ...more
Published 2006 by Penguin Books

To ask other readers questions about A Florentine Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Florentine Revenge

Jacque Morgan
This is a great mystery novel that takes place in Florence. I went to Italy a few years ago so it was fun to read this and remember a lot of the places. It is a good book that tells a lot of different characte's stories.
Vicki
This was a really good read, a story set in Italy and revolving around a 15 year old kidnap and murder. I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to reading more by this author.
William
I found "A Florentine Revenge" thoroughly enjoyable, and only regret that it seems to be the earliest book by Kent available in the Maine library system. (She has written three earlier books).

Yes, it has a leisurely pace, and probably could be a bit shorter. I usually am the first to complain about self-indulgently long literary works. However, the type is large so the book is not as long as one would expect, and I found the writing excellent and just enjoyed reading more of it.

I don't know Flor
Lois
I liked how Florence the city is a clear character in the book. I get the impression that the author loves the city, but then it's hard not to. The book was written in 2005, and I couldn't help but think things like - "Didn't people Google things back then?" (well, yes, of course, but possibly not so much information was available then), because so much of the plot revolves around missing information that would be easy to pull up with a quick Web search today. Email is mentioned at the end of th ...more
Ginger Kelly
This doesn't get marked as a Sandro Cellini mystery, but it introduces several key characters who appear in those Florentine mysteries. I enjoyed story, setting and the character writing. Especially good if one has at least a nodding acquaintance with the city of Florence.
MarkP
I liked this. I originally decided to read it as I've always loved Florence though this book doesn't pull any punches and certainly doesn't treat Florence in a romantic way. The central theme is very dark dealing as it does with the murder of a young girl some 15 years before the story begins. Slow paced at times it nevertheless kept me interested no doubt because of the soild character design. Worth a look.
Wanrong
A new mystery author! I liked the fact that this was set in Florence, given that ZQ and I had just visited in May 2008. The atmospherics are great, though the plot seemed to me, a little more intertwined than it really needed to be.
Earthwatchaddict
I love Florence and this book does a wonderful job of evoking the feel of the city. I didn't care for the switching of narrators and the whole plot took forever to unfold.
Pascal Heyman
Pascal Heyman marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Helen
Helen marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Sandra Arrell
Sandra Arrell marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Sonya L Moore
Sonya L Moore marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Niesten Tanja
Niesten Tanja marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Spring
Spring marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Linda Potter
Linda Potter marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Lesley
Lesley added it
Jul 20, 2014
Barbara Englis
Barbara Englis marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Susan Barclay-pereira
Susan Barclay-pereira marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Christobel Kent was born in London in 1962 and now lives in Cambridge with her husband and four children; in between she lived in Florence. She worked in publishing for several years, most recently as Publicity Director at Andre Deutsch. Her debut novel A Party in San Niccolo, was published in 2003.

Series:
* Sandro Cellini
More about Christobel Kent...
The Drowning River (Sandro Cellini, #1) A Murder in Tuscany (Sandro Cellini, #2) The Dead Season (Sandro Cellini, #3) A Party In San Niccolo The Summer House