Start by marking “Minimalism: How to Become a Minimalist (Illustrated With Bad Drawings)” as Want to Read:
Minimalism: How to Become a Minimalist (Illustrated With Bad Drawings)

Minimalism: How to Become a Minimalist (Illustrated With Bad Drawings)

Chaotic, overstressed and disorganized. Sound like YOUR life?

Fortunately, there is a solution to the alarming clutter that has invaded your space. It’s called minimalism and it will leave you feeling lighter, happier and in total control by releasing you from the bondage of “stuff.”

This guide helps you free your home from disarray by first freeing your mind of its passio
Published July 13th 2014 by Talent Writers (first published June 10th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Minimalism, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Minimalism

LKM
Jan 11, 2015 LKM rated it it was ok
It was an alright book. I appreciate that the author told a bit of her story and how it led her to minimalism, which was interesting, but it felt a bit TMI/Why-do-I-want-to-know-this at times and dragged on. Not that I don't sympathize, but just... it was not what I thought I'd get when I grabbed the book.

It had some basic tips/ideas/reasoning for getting rid of things and getting into minimalism, but it wasn't really something I would have titled "How to become a minimalist"; more like "How I b
???
Sep 14, 2016 ??? rated it it was ok
Shelves: self-help
This is a pretty good book if you have no idea what minimalism is. For the educated not as much.

I do relate to some of Bekka's problems. It's a great reminder that no situation is unchangeable, even if it's in a slight way. I like the message that it's okay to love yourself and spend money on the things you enjoy, and you don't have to feel guilty about having fun and enjoying life. That part will stick with me.

Some other thoughts: I like her idea of the 'sensible' diet. I also like her idea of
Tatiana Mcgarry
Mar 04, 2016 Tatiana Mcgarry rated it did not like it
For a minimalist, the author has certainly filled her book with a lot of pseudo-clever clutter. It is really very poorly written, and reads rather like a 4th grade comic strip, complete with pictures. Every second sentence is a bad joke. Grammar, punctuation, and logical sentence structure errors abound. Really, there are NO redeeming qualities as far as the writing. It's bad.

As others have said, the book is not at all about how to become a minimalist, but rather how the author changed her own l
Eliška
Jul 13, 2015 Eliška rated it did not like it
This book should not be called 'How to become a minimalist' as it is just an oversimplified description of author's lifestyle change. First part is full of complaints about the past life when the author was employed as a Property manager and then all of a sudden stress & clutter free life in Portland. It is similar to an article in some magazine revealing achievements of one of its readers....but why should I care??? :)
Brian Mctribouy
Apr 02, 2015 Brian Mctribouy rated it liked it
Well its a well thought and simple to read book. Just re enforced my resolve to continue on my minimalist path. Also liked the drawings. Love how she used he day to day life to illustrate minimalism..though I feel that it wouldn't make a good first read for a minimalist "newbie"
Pravin
Mar 17, 2016 Pravin rated it it was ok
It has nothing on "How to become a minimalist" even though the title of the book says so. It's just the authors story on how things worked out for her... which is not very intersting.
Presteniko Rahadian
Aug 30, 2016 Presteniko Rahadian rated it liked it
Well, I think this is not a guide. It's only a collection of the Author's story becoming a minimalist.
Karen Foran
Sep 13, 2014 Karen Foran rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good quick read

"Food"for thought.
A good look at how material our society has become.
And, a reminder of what is most important.
Tineke
Tineke rated it did not like it
Sep 18, 2016
Toni Rumpf
Toni Rumpf rated it did not like it
Jan 29, 2016
Salome
Salome rated it it was ok
Dec 18, 2015
El Fudge
El Fudge rated it did not like it
Aug 01, 2016
Karan Johnstone
Karan Johnstone rated it it was ok
Oct 21, 2016
Alex Devero
Jun 04, 2015 Alex Devero rated it liked it
Shelves: lifestyle
Good and easy introduction into minimalist lifestyle through story of author of the book.
Jsemjoli
Jsemjoli rated it did not like it
Dec 31, 2015
Michelle M. Nickles
Michelle M. Nickles rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2016
Ellipsis Ampersand
Ellipsis Ampersand rated it it was ok
Jul 21, 2016
Jo Ann Lancey
Jo Ann Lancey rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2014
Madis Mark
Madis Mark rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Kasia Wy-ka
Kasia Wy-ka rated it it was ok
Mar 17, 2015
Rick
Apr 27, 2016 Rick rated it really liked it
I especially liked this book because I want to move to Portland.
Jimmy Kuykendall
Jimmy Kuykendall rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2014
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2015
Giovanni
Giovanni rated it it was ok
Apr 15, 2015
Kamila Milewska
Kamila Milewska rated it it was ok
Sep 02, 2016
Zach
Zach rated it it was ok
Jan 06, 2015
www.pau.me
www.pau.me rated it did not like it
Feb 14, 2016
Zoë Hunter
Zoë Hunter rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2016
Jiji Paul chakola
Jiji Paul chakola rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2016
Brennen Reece
Brennen Reece rated it it was ok
Oct 13, 2016