Start by marking “The Special Guest: A Christmas Story” as Want to Read:
The Special Guest: A Christmas Story

The Special Guest: A Christmas Story

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  9 reviews
A timeless tale as heartwarming and inspiring as the true spirit of Christmas itself, "The Special Guest" is a story of one family's tragedy and how they come to learn to love and forgive through the charity of a kindly stranger. As a bonus this audiobook includes favorite Christmas carols. Reissue. 2 cassettes.
Cassette, Abridged, 0 pages
Published October 1st 1996 by DH Audio (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Special Guest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Special Guest

kim
Nov 05, 2010 kim rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to kim by: Book Club Reading Nov 2010
This reads like a "Touched By An Angel". A cute, simple, predictable story. It starts on the day before Christmas Eve. A little girl lies in a coma after being hit by a drunk driver LAST year on this day. Her older brother, who works as a grocery courtesy clerk, blames himself for not protecting her. The parents are bitter towards the imprisoned driver. The a well-dressed charming stranger, who dresses from an earlier time and drives a Packard, comes to town and things begin to get better!

This...more
Mayda
It's hard to criticize a Christmas novel, especially one that has a promising premise. This novel falls short of being an engaging tale, and instead comes across as being predictable and preachy, with unrealistic characters who just too good to be believable. It is just too short in length to be a well-developed novel and too long to be an interesting short story. What could have been an endearing story just comes across as shallow. But the illustrations at the beginning of each chapter are char...more
Fran
This heartwarming story of a miracle at Christmas is traditionally a story to be read at that time of year. However, I needed to feel the presence of a miracle in my life and it certainly lifted my spirit.
Miracles still happen today. In fact, I count every minute of life a miracle. This book also expresses the importance of entertaining strangers, as they may very well be angels unaware. A sweet short read that brings a tear to the eye and a smile to the lips.
Janine
This was the one book I carried with me since I was a young child. I used to read it back to back to back, no matter the season. Never fails to bring tears to my eyes.
Sue
This was actually a book on tape through a bookbox. But what a great listen.

Christmas should be everyday of the year and this story makes it so.
Lisa
A Very Quick Read. I read this book in about 30 minutes. Nice story with a somewhat surprise ending.
Georgia
I read this every Christmas as a reminder of the power of forgiveness.
Christine Marciniak
Cute story - but kind of predictable.
Joann
Brief. Good message about forgiveness.
Angela Freeman
Angela Freeman marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Lee Allen
Jul 04, 2014 Lee Allen added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
Lee Allen
Jul 04, 2014 Lee Allen rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Megan