Start by marking “Edge of the Heat 5 (Westwood Harbor Corruption, #5)” as Want to Read:
Edge of the Heat 5 (Westwood Harbor Corruption, #5)

Edge of the Heat 5 (Westwood Harbor Corruption #5)

*** You do not need to have read the first 4 books in the series to enjoy Book 5.

Jerry Mansko, a fun-loving Paramedic/Firefighter is in physical therapy for a major injury to his leg. His therapist, Sara Acosta, fascinates him from the first time he sees her. But there's something unavailable and even a little dark about Sara. When she walks out on a date with him he chec
Published August 2014

To ask other readers questions about Edge of the Heat 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Edge of the Heat 5

Deborah
Sep 01, 2014 Deborah rated it really liked it
Loved it! When in September is #6 going to be out?
Katlynn Parsons
Nov 07, 2016 Katlynn Parsons rated it liked it
Shelves: my-kindle
This Jerry seams so different from how he was portrayed in the first four books. I do get that he's gone through trauma and others have noticed a change too, but it felt too forced. Besides that- loved Jerry and Sara (or is it Melissa?). Really feel that they should talk that out- but that's just me. Once again high connection and lots of coincidences, but overall like these guys better than Emma at the beginning.
Books and Spoons
Aug 26, 2014 Books and Spoons rated it really liked it
Originally published at http://booksandspoons.weebly.com/book...

What a refreshing setting this book has. I've liked Jerry since the book one, and was looking forward to his story, and this didn't disappoint.
Jerry is fun, easy going guy. And when Sara is in trouble, Jerry tries his best to save her, rescue her, even though Jerry feels he's way over his head with the mission.
Without giving away anything on the plot, that is full of surprises, twists and turns, the man hunt in the story is grueling
Atlanta Whitlock
Jul 12, 2016 Atlanta Whitlock rated it really liked it
I wasn’t sure what this book was going to entail, all I knew what that Jerry’s date to Emma’s and Vivian’s wedding had disappeared and that both Emma and Vivian had just received some life changing news. So as you could tell from that ending it was going to be such an interesting follow on, however what happens in this book is nothing that I expected. We learn that Jerry’s date Sara has such a hidden agenda but little does Jerry realise that sooner or later the secret that she is hiding he will ...more
Sue
Nov 19, 2015 Sue rated it it was amazing
This is book 5 in the series

Jerry is hunting for Sara. He needs to know she is okay. She went to his best friends' wedding with him, but disappeared into the night. He found her apartment and discovered blood everywhere. The police are not taking him serious - there's no body, no one in the hospital that might have come from here. He ends up making an enemy of Detective Gagne. He goes on vacation to Vegas and decides he has to let her go...relax, and let her go. She obviously didn't want him lik
Heather
Aug 09, 2014 Heather rated it really liked it
So glad to see Jerry get his own book in this series. Throughout all the other books, Jerry was there anytime his friends needed him so it was nice that he got the benefit of friendship this time. Book 4 ended with Jerry finding his girlfriend's apartment coated in blood with no idea what had happened to Sara. Turns out Sara has a bit of a past to overcome and has decided not to risk Jerry in her problems. Despite her best intentions, Jerry does get involved and now needs his friends more than ...more
Christine Frieseke-Miller
Apr 18, 2016 Christine Frieseke-Miller rated it it was amazing
Jerry and Sara's story was full of everything! Sara is a kick butt character., Talk about a strong female character, she is that and much more! We get to see Jerry fall hopelessly in love in this book. We've met Jerry previously in the other books as he is Emma's best friend and helped to try to keep her safe from Norman, getting hurt in the process. Sara is undercover as a physical therapist, until she has to leave. Sara and Jerry have chemistry that is off the charts, but she knows that she ...more
ZETTER
Breaking Down Walls!!!

Another mesmerizing novel....Who knew that the one woman that Jerry fell in love with would turned his world upside down.....Meeting Sara was the best thing to happen to Jerry, sure the former was scared to get too close to the latter because of her past but Jerry showed Sara that her past didn't make her unlovable on the contrary it just made him love her more.....Amidst chaos, Jerry and Sara fell in love when all was said and done, Sara was ready to walk away from Jerry b
Feb 10, 2015 Sarah rated it really liked it
Another great book by Lisa Ladew! I love this series. I cannot wait to start book 6. This might be my favorite of the series so far. I was hesitant to read Jerry's love story. While I adored Jerry in the previous books, I felt more of a brotherish love for him. I didn't know how I would respond to reading the steamy scenes with him in them. And admittingly they did not do as much for me as the previous book, I still enjoyed the book. Sara was a badass. Pure and simple. Loved her.
Sylvia
Feb 15, 2015 Sylvia rated it liked it
A wonderful read. I really enjoyed following Jerry and seeing things through his eyes.

I love Jerry's character; he's sweet, lovable, funny and down right determined to never give up. However, Sarah's character, she was more on the annoying side. It was constant riddles and secrecy with her. I understand she supposed to have her guard up and whatnot, but even when you were reading through her perspective it was irritating.
Darcie
Sep 12, 2014 Darcie rated it really liked it
I love Jerry! He is so sweet and genuine. I really like Sarah as well. She always had Jerry's best interests in mind throughout this book. The action was a little too much for me; otherwise it would have been a five all the way. I cannot wait for the next book though. I need my fix of these characters.
Mary E
Nov 28, 2014 Mary E rated it it was amazing
OMG ! Loved this book. I have read the other four but this one is my favorite by far. Jerry has always had my heart and I'm so happy he has found his. I loved learning about Sara and her past. How she thinks too. She is one kick ass gal! Im going to read the next installment in the series. I recommend this book to everyone! Great Great read.☺
Tyakeia
Jul 25, 2015 Tyakeia rated it really liked it
Good read

I skimmed most of the book though. For some reason, Jerry's story didn't really interest me. Throughout the other books, he was a strong friend and a great help. In this one, he came of as whinny and obsession. I get he was worried for Sara, but idk...I just didn't really like him much in this. My rating is based on the plot, supporting characters as well as Sara.
Simera
May 20, 2016 Simera rated it really liked it
Edge of Heat 5 is Jerry and Sara's story.
I enjoyed this story from the start. Sara isn't who we thought she was and Jerry is out to find her when she comes up missing. Lots of action, suspense and of course a HEA.
Jen
Jun 27, 2016 Jen rated it liked it
I would give this a 3.5. good story but there was something missing. don't know what but something. Sara's personality was blah. I get that she was raised that way but could we get a smile or some humor in there somewhere? her personality definitely knocked the star factor down.
Maria
Jul 28, 2016 Maria rated it liked it
This was a little better. Too many errors. It took away from the stories in this series. Same problem with all of them. Also, for me, the stories were just not engaging. I really wanted to like these.
Melissa
Oct 17, 2015 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Just like the rest of this series, I loved it! I have never been disappointed when reading any of Lisa Lidew's books. The romance and mystery are blended to create an enthralling adventure you will not want to put down.
Tracey Hodges
Jan 11, 2015 Tracey Hodges rated it it was amazing
Another great read

Kept me in the edge of my seat. Was good to read a bit more about Jerry. Even though u don't need to read book 1 to 4 think it still helps to have read them before reading 5 so u know what is going on and who is who in the book
star
Jan 02, 2015 star rated it really liked it
Slow startup but the end is great!!

It starts out slow, I had a hard time at first. It had very little of people you came to enjoy in the first four books. It gets better about four chapters in and just keeps going. Loved the ending. Worth the read!!!!
Gerri
Apr 25, 2016 Gerri rated it it was ok
I am sad to say I had to stop reading. There just wasn't any real get up and go for the story lines. I found them just too slow to start and the couples were lackluster.
Keyan
Sep 28, 2015 Keyan rated it it was amazing
Great read

Wow... Ready to get to book six now because I am soooo enjoying this series. Great job to the author
Rochelle M
May 15, 2015 Rochelle M rated it it was amazing
Worth the wait

I would recommend you stop reading this and go get this book if you have not read the others then read them in order. You will not be disappointed.
Marilyn
Mar 27, 2015 Marilyn rated it really liked it
This installment of the Edge of the Heat series was filled with action, suspense, and romance! It actually ended up being my favorite in the series! I loved seeing Jerry in a whole new light!
Samantha Mcclain
Feb 08, 2016 Samantha Mcclain rated it really liked it
Great series a must read

I love the heat series it is defiantly a must read book. I have love all of lisa book I have read so far.
Annette Solomon
Mar 22, 2016 Annette Solomon rated it it was amazing
Could not put this book down!

This book has it all! It is a roller coaster ride! Action, love, suspense, twist and turns. Must read! I highly recommend!
Katherine
Mar 09, 2015 Katherine rated it it was amazing
This is so far my favorite book of this series!! Loved Jerry and Sara..... Can't wait to read the next one!!
Bobbie
Apr 21, 2016 Bobbie rated it really liked it
Action, adventure and suspense. A lot of plot twists. Interesting storyline. Intriguing characters.
Maureen Tavaglione
Feb 22, 2015 Maureen Tavaglione rated it it was amazing
Another great one

I just can't get enough reading time. I wanted this one to go on and on. A good read. I look forward to more.
Brenda Powell
Jan 11, 2015 Brenda Powell rated it it was amazing
Loved

Could not put it down. Kept me so intrigued that I didn't want to put it down. Have read the whole series up thru this one and loved them all.
Natalie Hayden
Mar 30, 2016 Natalie Hayden rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book. Loved the story of Jimmy and Sara. Intriguing and suspenseful through the whole book. Great chemistry between the characters and a pleasure to read.
  • The Marine Next Door (The Precinct: Task Force #1; The Precinct #17)
  • Bad Karma (The Edge of Texas #2)
  • Wild Ride (Black Knights Inc., #9)
  • The Line Collection (The Line, #1-4)
  • Flying in Shadows (Black Creek, #2)
  • The Guardians (The MORE Trilogy, #2)
  • Out for the Count (Worth the Fight, #3)
  • Playing with Pleasure (The Players Club Book 2)
  • Silver Fire (Guardians, #2)
  • Edge of Reason (Edge Security, #2)
  • Divorced, Desperate and Dangerous (Divorced and Desperate, #3.5)
  • Island Promises: Hawaiian Holiday\Hawaiian Reunion\Hawaiian Retreat
  • Betrayed (Undercover, #3)
  • Hot for You (Fire and Icing, #2)
  • How to Tame a Wild Fireman (The Bachelor Firemen of San Gabriel, #4)
  • Resurrection River (Men of Mercy #2)
  • Hot for Love (Bachelor Billionaire #2)
  • Heroes In Uniform: Soldiers, SEALs, Spies, Rangers and Cops: Sexy Hot Contemporary Alpha Heroes from NY Times and USA Today bestselling authors

Westwood Harbor Corruption (8 books)
  • Edge of the Heat (Westwood Harbor Corruption, #1)
  • Edge of the Heat 2 (Westwood Harbor Corruption, #2)
  • Edge of the Heat 3 (Westwood Harbor Corruption, #3)
  • Edge of the Heat 4 (Westwood Harbor Corruption, #4)
  • Edge of the Heat 6 (Westwood Harbor Corruption, #6)
  • Edge of the Heat 7 (Westwood Harbor Corruption #7)
  • Edge of the Heat 8