Start by marking “Cats' Letters to Santa” as Want to Read:
Cats' Letters to Santa

Cats' Letters to Santa

In this charming, often hilarious collection of letters to Santa, a wide range of feisty felines makes very specific Christmas demands of Santa--from Garfield books to taking back the dog. Delightfully illustrated throughout with whimsical cartoons.
Published September 26th 1995 by Carroll & Graf

To ask other readers questions about Cats' Letters to Santa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cats' Letters to Santa

A Christmas Carol by Charles DickensHow the Grinch Stole Christmas! by Dr. SeussThe Night Before Christmas by Clement C. MooreThe Polar Express by Chris Van AllsburgThe Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson
Favorite Christmas Books
213th out of 823 books — 1,145 voters
Dewey by Vicki MyronHomer's Odyssey by Gwen CooperThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussOld Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T.S. EliotInto the Wild by Erin Hunter
Cat Lovers List
238th out of 739 books — 355 voters

More lists with this book...

Lorna
Jan 07, 2014 Lorna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction-humorous
"Yes, Whiskers, there IS a Santa Claus." I picked up this delightful little book on a discount table at Barnes & Noble after Christmas. Here are some sample letters:

Dear Santa:
Please leave under the Xmas tree a gift box wrapped in ribbon. The box can be empty. All I want is the ribbon.
Love,
Lulabelle

Dear Santa:
I would love a ticket to the circus so I can see the tigers. They're relatives of mine.
Your friend,
Stripes

Dear Santa:
I need a book on how to deal with a neurotic human.
F
Kristin
Feb 07, 2012 Kristin rated it liked it
I read this book on the same day as 'Pets' Letters To God', as they had a similar premise, though this one was specifically about cats and what they ask Santa for. The letters are somewhat brief, so the author views cats as the intellectual equivalent of a young grade school child. While I've not owned a cat myself, I've been told that those who do find them to be very intelligent, so their letters may be longer and more in depth than the author believes.
Again, a fairly thin book that I read in
Ellen
Jan 22, 2016 Ellen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dear Santa,
Can I have a bird feeder all my own? You can leave it in the window, the one that cranks open but has no screen.
Thanks,
Fuzzy

Dear Santa Claus,
I want a dead mouse so they will think I'm doing my job and get off my back.
Herman"

These are just 2 of the humorous and imaginative letters written to Santa by his feline friends. Not all of the cats are nice but they will tickle your funny bone. The line drawing illustrations by Paul Bacon add an extra bit of whimsy to this little book
Ami G
Sep 07, 2014 Ami G rated it it was ok
Dear Santa,
I loved this book. It was very giggly and funny. I actually LOVE to read this book near the holidays just to bring the spirit. I rate this book a 2 because, I am actually a dog lover and the whole book were all about CATS. And some times you get to a point of the book where you just want to stop. Each Santa letter in the book were not all original, some were exactly the same which kind of brought me into a boring stage. But I do love jokes and this book had tons of them! I personally
Mayda
If you ever wondered what your cat would like for Christmas, wonder no more. Bill Adler has enlightened us with numerous cat-wishes, charmingly illustrated by Paul Bacon. Cat lovers especially will enjoy this collection of letters, but everyone will appreciate the humor. Don't wait for Christmas to read it.
Nora Ray
Jan 27, 2016 Nora Ray rated it liked it
Cats don't have too many original thoughts. Most of the letters are very similar in tone but since my daughter Anna gave this to me for Christmas I thought I should read it. (There was a nice check hidden in there as well.) Anyway, I guess I should just be impressed that cats can write at all and quit nitpicking the originality factor. lol Happy New Year everyone!
Laima
Nov 14, 2011 Laima rated it liked it
A cute little book filled with letters from cats to Santa including illustrations by Paul Bacon.
Sample:

Dear Santa,
Please don't come down the chimney.
It's very dirty.

I know,

I tried.

A great Christmas stocking stuffer for cat lovers. I picked it up at a second hand shop for $1.50 - can't go wrong.
Pam
Dec 14, 2012 Pam rated it it was ok
Shelves: animal, xmas
While some of the letters were cute and a bit funny, I quickly got bored and never finished this book. I actually liked the illustrations by Paul Bacon the best. If you are looking for a holiday book for cat lovers, I recommend "Catmas Carols" by Laurie Loughlin and illustrated by Mary Ross.
'Chele
Dec 24, 2009 'Chele rated it really liked it
Cute, simple read for Christmas! I read the book in less than 20 minutes, but owning cats I can understand the humor in this book. Something upper elementary or junior high kids will enjoy.
Emelia
May 20, 2008 Emelia rated it it was amazing
Ray
Mar 11, 2015 Ray rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute little book for any cat lover! Some of these letters seemed to come from our cats, and others just made us laugh.
Kimberly Plyler
Apr 21, 2014 Kimberly Plyler rated it liked it
This book is cute and charming. It includes funny letters written from the preservatives of cats to Santa asking him for humerus things. It would be perfect for older children.
Jen
Dec 26, 2011 Jen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very fast read. Cute letters and just something fun to read for Christmas! Pretty sure my cats would have written some of these letters. Others are just silly.
Meredith
Dec 22, 2011 Meredith rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: cat lovers, children
Shelves: read-in-2011
A quick read. I enjoyed seeing how some of the letter requests matched with the names of the cats (example a computer-savvy kitty named Einstein II). Cute read for the Christmas season.
Lindsay
Lindsay rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2015
Jacks
Jacks rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2013
Bergen Foshay
Bergen Foshay rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Elianna
Elianna rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2014
Sheila
Sheila rated it really liked it
May 10, 2016
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2015
Leticia
Leticia rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2013
Kat
Kat rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2008
Jobiska (Cindy)
Jobiska (Cindy) rated it it was ok
Feb 12, 2014
Literacy Tweets
Literacy Tweets rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2014
Ginette
Ginette rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2007
Teresa
Teresa rated it liked it
Dec 12, 2011
Carolyn Cooper
Carolyn Cooper rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2013
Martybrewda
Martybrewda rated it really liked it
May 12, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Christmas Is Good!: Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom
  • Sorry I Barfed on Your Bed (and Other Heartwarming Letters from Kitty)
  • How to Live with a Neurotic Cat
  • The Devious Book for Cats: A Parody
  • The Christmas Scrapbook (Harmony, #5.5)
  • Texts From Mittens: A Cat Who Has an Unlimited Data Plan...and Isn't Afraid to Use It
  • The New Yorker Book of Cat Cartoons
  • Evil Cat: A Fluffy Kitty Gets Mean
  • Why Paint Cats: The Ethics of Feline Aesthetics
  • Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 11
  • New Junior Cookbook (Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen)
  • Kat Kong
  • Way Off the Road: Discovering the Peculiar Charms of Small Town America
  • Downton Tabby
  • The Remembered Visit
  • Why Cats Paint: A Theory of Feline Aesthetics
  • Wreck the Halls: Cake Wrecks Gets "Festive"
  • Cat People
born 1929.

For other authors named Bill Alder and Bill Adler Jr., see similar names.
More about Bill Adler...