Start by marking “Are These the Last Days? (Crucial Questions, #20)” as Want to Read:
Are These the Last Days? (Crucial Questions, #20)

Are These the Last Days? (Crucial Questions #20)

In this booklet from the Crucial Questions series, Dr. R.C. Sproul examines the discourse to glean from it truths regarding who Jesus was, what He really meant, and what His words mean for us today.

As a gifted communicator, R.C. Sproul has helped many believers grow in their understanding of such matters as the nature of God, the history of redemption, and the manner in w
Published July 1st 2014 by Reformation Trust (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Are These the Last Days?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Are These the Last Days?

Rene
May 24, 2016 Rene rated it really liked it
Shelves: teología
Liked this book more for its practical focus for christians specially in last chapter
Theresa
Aug 11, 2015 Theresa rated it liked it
I wasn't impressed.
Steve Campbell
This perhaps is the most disappointing of the Crucial Questions series so far. Sproul really doesn't answer the question that is posed, at least not directly. This should have been titled What Does the Olivet Discourse Mean? because the author devotes the entire booklet to examining this important and puzzling passage. He handles the text very well and offers some insightful comments, but he leaves the last days question open and basically says we just need to be ready.
Alex Hannis
Jul 25, 2015 Alex Hannis rated it really liked it
I found this last book of the Crucial Questions Series in my top five among the twenty. Solid exegesis in some of the more difficult (yet widely quoted) passages of Jesus in reference to the prophesy of end times. He takes what I imagine is the less popular approach. That is, these things were an immediate fulfillment to end the age of the Jews and usher in the age of the Church. That being said, I found his argument sound and logical.

I wish he would have added more application in relation to hi
C.H.E. Sadaphal
Apr 29, 2016 C.H.E. Sadaphal rated it really liked it
The bottom line: This book provides many solid answers, just not to the book’s central question.

So are these the last days? After reading this book, you’re not left with a definitive answer, but what you will learn is that there is better issue to concern yourself with (more on that later). The more fitting title for this booklet would be “The Olivet Discourse,” referring to an apocalyptic monologue Jesus addressed to His disciples about events to come. This book succinctly elucidates what Jesus
Amy
Nov 08, 2015 Amy rated it really liked it
A quick and concise work on a view of the end times. This quick read will likely confirm to you heart some things you've suspected and hopefully renew a sense of urgency and seriousness regarding readiness and relationship.
Rachel
Mar 18, 2016 Rachel rated it really liked it
This little pamphlet reinforced my beliefs on the end times and went thoroughly through some of Jesus' most obscure prophecies. I appreciate the thought-provoking nature of the writing, and the challenge to my own spiritual life.
Noel Burke
Jun 29, 2016 Noel Burke rated it liked it
This was a short primer on the end times. It's not exhaustive and did not provide a full explanation of his view, but it did provide a decent summary of things to consider when attempting to interpret and understand the end times.
John
Dec 26, 2015 John is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
This is a brief, but good survey of Matthew 24, arguing that Jesus was speaking of the destruction of the temple, and Jerusalem, that was fulfilled in 70 A.D. This is a preterist interpretation, and is well done.
Ryan Watkins
Jun 16, 2016 Ryan Watkins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: theology
Very good. Dr. Sproul gives a commentary on the Olivet Discourse and how it relates to the destruction of the temple in 70 ad.
Marguerite Harrell
Oct 10, 2014 Marguerite Harrell rated it it was amazing
I am glad that I read this short e-book about the Last Days especially when the movie is out about Left Behind. Great book to read and to fully understand it. Full of Scriptures too.
Farshid
Farshid rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2015
Moises
Moises rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2015
Brian Taylor
Brian Taylor rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2015
Jimmy Parker
Jimmy Parker rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2015
Max Jackl
Max Jackl rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2016
Ron Hodgman
Ron Hodgman rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2015
Kenneth B King
Kenneth B King rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2015
mary lucas
mary lucas rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2016
Alan Stormont
Alan Stormont rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Moses Pena JR
Moses Pena JR rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2016
David Martinez
David Martinez rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2015
Sarah Dowell
Sarah Dowell rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2015
Victor Chininin
Victor Chininin rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2014
Rebekah Grace
Rebekah Grace rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2016
Heather Kulengowski
Heather Kulengowski rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Laramie Gildon
Laramie Gildon rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2015
Wade Stotts
Wade Stotts rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2015
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2016
Jane
Jane rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Blood Work: How the Blood of Christ Accomplishes Our Salvation
  • How the Gospel Brings Us All the Way Home
  • What's So Great about the Doctrines of Grace?
  • A Reformed Approach to Science and Scripture
  • Pillars of Grace, AD 100–1564 (A Long Line of Godly Men, #2)
  • Summary of Christian Doctrine
  • John Calvin: A Heart for Devotion, Doctrine & Doxology
  • Let Every Heart Prepare Him Room: Daily Family Devotions for Advent
  • Selected Sermons Of Jonathan Edwards
  • Collected Writings on Scripture
  • Found: God's Peace: Experience True Freedom from Anxiety in Every Circumstance
  • The Message of the Old Testament: Promises Made
  • God Is Love: A Biblical And Systematic Theology
  • Long Story Short: Ten-Minute Devotions to Draw Your Family to God: Old Testament
  • The Holy Spirit (The Gospel Coalition Booklets)
  • The Man Christ Jesus: Theological Reflections on the Humanity of Christ
  • Bringing the Gospel Home: Witnessing to Family Members, Close Friends, and Others Who Know You Well
  • Learning to Pray
Dr. R.C. Sproul was born in 1939 in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. He is president of Ligonier Academy of Biblical and Theological Studies and the founder and chairman of the ministry that began in 1971 as the Ligonier Valley Study Center in Ligonier, Pennsylvania. In an effort to respond more effectively to the growing demand for Dr. Sproul’s teachings and the ministry’s other educational resources, ...more
More about R.C. Sproul...

Crucial Questions (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Who Is Jesus? (Crucial Questions #1)
  • Can I Trust The Bible? (Crucial Questions, #2)
  • Does Prayer Change Things? (Crucial Questions, #3)
  • Can I Know God's Will? (Crucial Questions, #4)
  • How Should I Live In This World? (Crucial Questions, #5)
  • What Does It Mean To Be Born Again? (Crucial Questions, #6)
  • Can I Be Sure I'm Saved? (Crucial Questions, #7)
  • What Is Faith? (Crucial Questions, #8)
  • What Can I Do With My Guilt? (Crucial Questions, #9)
  • What Is The Trinity? (Crucial Questions, #10)