Start by marking “Avoidables Complete Serial 1” as Want to Read:
Avoidables Complete Serial 1

Avoidables Complete Serial 1 (Avoidables #1)

ebook
Published July 26th 2014 by Smashwords

Dixie A.
Dec 30, 2014 Dixie A. rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
I received an electronic copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

My overall impression? It's a poorly written version of the Uglies series. The story begins in a similar way, with an ugly visiting the pretties (the avoidable visiting the perfect) only here the avoidable decides the perfect is her soulmate within the first chapter. Whoa! Too fast, too fast! But wait! She's an angel! Destined to unite the avoidables and the perfects! And then her roommate blows up some perfects and we'r
E.J. Logan
Oct 19, 2014 E.J. Logan rated it really liked it
I want to start by saying I really enjoyed this book.

****SPOILERS****

Though I put in four stars I would say it was more around a 3.5 for me.
I like to round up though ;)

Let me start with the things I liked.

I liked that it was different. Though it had a feel of a few YA dystopian books I have read it was also a lot different too. It was well written and the plot really intrigued me as well as pretty much all of the characters. It kept me reading and there were definitely no slow parts.

That being
DJacelyn
Dec 31, 2014 DJacelyn rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
3.5 stars rating.

Start of the story is quite interesting. It started with the two sides of Avoidables and Perfects. It is something different from most of the YA stories.

Avoidables are people with some physical disabilities like losing one arm or leg. Perfects are people with no deformities. It's about this girl name Hope, part of the avoidables, loves hanging out on the other side with Perfects. While she was enjoying herself in a party, she caught a sight of a handsome perfect name Jason who
Angelica Demonica
Oct 27, 2014 Angelica Demonica rated it really liked it
The

BRILLIANT... I loved the book..... Totally recommend it if you like something different........ ;)

The story shows how the Avoidables and Perfects live....

The Avoidables are the people that have deformities.... That aren't like everyone else..... People who had one arm or one leg or other things that set the apart from "regular" people..and the Perfects are "perfect", pretty with no deformities and are pretty.....

In this book it shows how one Avoidable
Hope and her friends fight against the
Flynn Huijser
This reminded me a lot of fanfic for some reason.. Maybe because it's in lots of different part? I don't know.
I really like the idea of the plot and the whole story is amazing and it's well written, but the thing that bothers me is how short and quick the whole thing is. I'd like it to go on a bit longer to let information sink in before it hits me with the next plot twist or piece of information. That's the only reason I brought it down to a 3.
I really love the idea of the book and it has a lot
C.J.
Nov 01, 2014 C.J. rated it really liked it
Read to Review for NA Corner

I enjoyed this story a lot. The world building was excellent. Because the story is split up and raises so many questions I don't know how to feel about any of the characters in the story. Are they good? Bad? It's as frustrating as it is compelling and it kept me reading. I have no idea where this story will go. It's not predictable in the slightest.

I would like to read the next instalment.
Dec 06, 2014 Sarah rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult
As the title suggests - avoid this book. It is not worth your time. I felt like I was reading an outline. There was no real development. But there was plenty of instalove and "oh, but that guy is so cute too."
zapkode.marie
{My Thoughts} – I always enjoy finding little nuggets for free on amazon. This is one of those nuggets.

“Earth is full of two races, the Avoidables and Perfects.” An avoidable is someone that is flawed in some way or form and a Perfect is someone that is not flawed at all. In this story you learn about the two races and how they became separated. You learn that there is a plan that has been in the works to try and unite the two races and help them to co-exist with one another without all the disc
Loren Weaver
Sep 02, 2014 Loren Weaver rated it really liked it
Avoidables by Rachel Meadhurst is the first part of a multiple part serial staring Hope, a half angel, Purple, her half dragon friend, and Jason, a perfect from the better part of the city.

Hope is an Avoidable. With only one arm, she's discriminated against by the Perfects, those with perfect physical beauty. Her best friend Purple is a half dragon with the same problem, except he's a fighter determined to do something about it. When Hope meets Jason, a Perfect who calls to her heart more than a
Krystal
This book was alright. It was a quick read but it wasn't very well written. Grammatically and structurally yes it was well written, but it wasn't plot wise. There wasn't a whole lot of character development or actual plot development. Some of the plot developed quickly, actually too quickly, and then some of it just seemed to filter in. There was not sense of time in this book. It reads like it's happening over the course of a few days and then bam a character tells you it has been a few months. ...more
Deborah
Aug 21, 2014 Deborah rated it it was amazing
this book was well worth reading and became addictive. it is about a world where ever town and city is split into two parts and where the avoidables and the perfects live. the perfects have it all the avoidables have nothing. the story follows hope and her friend purple who are both avoidables. all avoidables have flaws and are at war with the perfects.
Rachel Medhurst writes very well with lots of twists and turns to the story. i found that as i read, the story painted a picture in my mind which
Debbie Hughes
Feb 06, 2015 Debbie Hughes rated it really liked it
Let me start by saying I was asked to read this book for an honest review and let me say that I am so glad I was. Read to review has opened my mind to many styles of books and authors.

Very cool story line, eye opening way to look at the way we treat each other. I enjoyed the story very much and will be getting more of this series....I want to see where it goes from here. Easy to read and well written. I just found myself drawn to the characters. I love "Hope" and look forward to seeing her comp
Marja
Um, what did I just read? You call this a novel? This was more like an outline of a novel and not very well written to be honest. No character development, no plot that I could keep up with, just pointless jumping from place to place. The whole story was a horrible mess. Short, weird and awkward read.

The idea for this was actually nice but this was just poorly written. Nope. The title says it all, avoid.
Savannah
Apr 12, 2015 Savannah rated it it was ok
Shelves: dystopian
This could have turned out to be a great read if it wasn't for the rushed atmosphere and lack of finer details in the story. I feel that at least two books could have been made out of the cram packed information filling the story. Delving deeper into the history of how Perfects and Avoidable came about would have also been a nice edition to learn about. I don't think I would recommend this to anyone, but I wouldn't suggest that a person doesn't read it.
Saloshini Moodley
Mar 24, 2015 Saloshini Moodley rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2015
This amount of plot lines started, backed up upon itself, then reused. Then the start of a next sub plot never ever to finish.

No do not read this. Unless you like to be a martyr and to suffer for no cause at all.

Becca Hasdintra
Jul 22, 2015 Becca Hasdintra rated it it was ok
I wanted to be drawn into this book but every time I started to the story would shift into something else. The idea of the story is good, it just does not flow well. One chapter would end and another would start in a completely different place. It wasn't awful, it just wasn't written well.
Saran
Aug 03, 2014 Saran rated it it was amazing
Wow brilliant book 5/5 for me. Had me hooked from the start. The story is a fight for acceptance and equality and well written by the Author. I can't wait for the next book.
Myzeri
Myzeri rated it it was ok
Mar 22, 2015
Lauren Eve
Lauren Eve rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2015
Misty McMillen
Apr 20, 2015 Misty McMillen rated it did not like it
E for effort in being ambitious enough to publish a story!
Stephanie Fuller
Jan 21, 2015 Stephanie Fuller rated it it was amazing
Pretty good. I would be interested in reading the next ones....
Nicole
Nicole rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2016
Cassandra
Cassandra rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2014
Christina Rose
Christina Rose rated it it was ok
Feb 03, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2014
Shannon Zak
Shannon Zak rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2014
Jill Cat
Jill Cat rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2014
Christie
Christie rated it it was ok
Dec 19, 2014
Jaq Adams
Jaq Adams rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2015
Diane Dannenfeldt
Diane Dannenfeldt rated it it was ok
Dec 29, 2014
New Adult Corner: Read to Review: Avoidables -CLOSED for Sign Up's 16 35 Nov 13, 2014 12:21AM
Rachel Medhurst grew up in a small village in Surrey, England. She writes to inspire and heal. She lives in the British countryside with her dog. If she’s not writing, she can be found walking in nature and reading. For more information about current projects, including her short story dystopian series, Avoidables, please check out her website.
More about Rachel Medhurst...

Avoidables (3 books)