Start by marking “Both Sides of Love” as Want to Read:
Both Sides of Love

Both Sides of Love

Twenty-one-year-old Lizzie Adler had everything a young woman could want: she was beautiful, bright, and had both a faithful best friend and a handsome boyfriend with whom she was deeply in love. In one fell swoop, calamity strikes, stripping Lizzie of all that she holds dear. While driving with her best friend, Nan, en route to a party, Lizzie collides with another car.

T
Published July 27th 2014 by Seaplace Publishing (first published May 6th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Both Sides of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Both Sides of Love

Jamie
Sep 09, 2014 Jamie rated it really liked it
I received a copy of Both Sides of Love through Goodreads First Reads. It is a wonderfully written book that I could not tear myself away from. I ended up finishing it in one sitting - there was no way I was going to be able to sleep without knowing what became of Lizzie and Daniel. The characters are so easily relatable that you can't help but love all of them. I laughed and cried along with them as their stories unfolded. Kimberly Wenzler tells a beautiful story of love, loss and friendship ...more
Diane Knox
Oct 21, 2014 Diane Knox rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaway
Thanks to Goodreads First Reads and the author, Kimberly Wenzler, I get the pleasure and delight to read, "Both Sides of Love" for FREE! Thank you. I thoroughly enjoyed reading Both Sides of Love. I couldn't put it down once I started it. This was a story about life, family, love, death, and survival. It had everything you would ever want in your book collection, much less in one book. I definitely recommend this book to read.
Cathleen Conn
Jul 15, 2014 Cathleen Conn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautifully written story about friendship, life, love and connections of the soul. I found myself wrapped up in the story, alternately wanting to continue to read until it was finished and wanting to put it down to savor my time with Beth and Noreen. I loved it and look forward to more from Kimberly Wenzler.
Maria Bienz
Jul 05, 2016 Maria Bienz rated it it was amazing
I L.O.V.E.D this book.....love the characters, love the subject matter (family, love & friendship) and Kimberly Wenzler's writing style! Best seller material!
Amy
Jun 06, 2014 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful, well written story about friendship, loyalty and true love.
Carol Kidd
Oct 06, 2016 Carol Kidd rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

This beautiful written book , I love it. I laugh with the characters and I cry with them. I couldn't put it down. This is my first book by this author and it won't be my last one either.
Rosie Amber
Jun 22, 2015 Rosie Amber rated it it was amazing
Both Sides Of Love is a true Love Story. It is set in Pennsylvania and opens with a scene from 1978. Lizzie is 21 she has her life ahead of her studying environmental science, she has a wonderful boyfriend whom she plans to spend the rest of her life with and she has the support of her best friend Nancy.

With Daniel away in England, Lizzie and Nancy are off to a party when they are involved in a tragic traffic accident.

Fast forward to 1990 and we meet Beth, a shy woman married to Alan with a youn
Joanne Kelleher
Jan 27, 2015 Joanne Kelleher rated it really liked it
I picked this up after Liane Moriarty’s Big Little Lies. At first I focused the similarities, but as I continued reading, I came to appreciate the differences.
My first impression was that I was reading another PTA-mom story, but I soon realized it was more nuanced than that as I came to know and like Beth and Noreen. The portrayal of Beth and Dutch’s restraint and loyalty were almost unbelievable given the strength and durability of their feelings; denying those feelings became a habit that was
Donna McBroom-Theriot
Jul 04, 2015 Donna McBroom-Theriot rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Both Sides of Love. It was an emotional book from start to finish and one I couldn't make myself put down. I experienced so many different emotions as I lived vicariously through the lives of the two women in this book.

The writing was outstanding and the story and characters well developed. I don't want to say anything about the plot other than what is in the book blurb because I would ruin the book for whoever might read it. There is tragedy, friendship, romance, suspense and
Janice Mcquaid
May 24, 2014 Janice Mcquaid rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book in one weekend. The story of Beth, Noreen, and Daniel is engaging and definitely tugged at the heartstrings. The characters are so well developed that I felt like I was a part of their lives. The title, Both Sides of Love, is an interesting choice as this is not your typical love story; the book explores the love of a deep and lasting friendship, the love of a good man, and that once in a lifetime love we all hope to have in our lives. The story moves at a quick pace.This book ...more
Shelly Wygant
Jun 12, 2016 Shelly Wygant rated it really liked it
A heart warming story that covers the lifetime of 4 people. When a tragedy happens to Lizzie she goes on with out the love of her life. As the years go bye she finds another love and settles into family life. Her past then comes back to her. What happens when she see the love that she lost.

This is a great read that covers true friendship, family, letting go and second chances. I loved watching all of the characters grow throughout this book. What I loved most is it covered many years of the cha
Gina
Jul 17, 2014 Gina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This book is an emotional roller coaster. Lizzie is on the precipice of her happily ever after with her very own Prince Charming when an accident shatters everything. Forced to rebuild her life, she struggles to pull herself together: physically and emotionally. When she becomes friends with a fellow mom at her first PTA meeting, Lizzie (now known as Beth) will face her past head-on. A page-turner that explores the beauty of true friendship and the ideals of love that lasts forever.
Katie Mittelman
This is a wonderful book about true love and friendship. I truly enjoyed the way that the author chose to write each chapter. The story kept me on the edge of my seat throughout and I found it hard to put the book down without knowing what the ultimate outcome was going to be for each of the characters. This is the first novel published by Kimberly Wenzler, but from the quality of what I read, certainly not the last! I look forward to her next book!
Christine Mellon
Sep 11, 2014 Christine Mellon rated it it was amazing
This book was a beautiful, heart wrenching story of love and friendship. It was hard to put this down and I was constantly hoping that Beth would end up with her true love. I was frustrated to see Beth constantly sabotaging her life but that's all part of the story. Wonderful book!
Linda Michaels
Absolutely great! I was privileged to have the author attend our book club meeting. The discussion was wonderful with many insights to how the process of the book came about. I've also read the book three times! Each time I find something new! Everyone needs to read this one!
Christine
Jun 19, 2014 Christine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book. My favorite thing is how she treats the male loves in Lizzie's life. Both of the men equally have their faults and strengths.
My summery is all good things come to those who wait and go for it when the timing is right.
Loved it!
Michelle Mckean
Jul 02, 2014 Michelle Mckean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! Recommended by my sister in law who went to school with the author. Another great book for the beach. I found myself reaching for my kindle when I had a free moment just to read a little more.
Anita
May 27, 2014 Anita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love a book that makes you forget about everything. I was hooked from page 1. Beautiful story of friendship, love, relationships & life. Great for book clubs too.
Lisa
Jun 14, 2014 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a beautiful story about the complex nature of love and loyalty. Beautifully written. I couldn't put it down until the very end!
Elaine
Nov 12, 2015 Elaine rated it it was amazing
If you are a mother with children, you will totally relate to this touching story. The characters will draw you in, The story is funny, sad, mysterious and hopeful. I highly recommend this book.
Suzanne
Nov 10, 2014 Suzanne rated it it was amazing
wonderful first novel by Ms. Wenzler. Smooth read, captivating and thoroughly enjoyable. Can't wait for her next one.
Kathy
Kathy rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2014
LovelyGirl
LovelyGirl rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2016
Valerie
Valerie rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2014
Susan2U
Susan2U rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Glynne Feldman
Glynne Feldman rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2016
Erika Vogel
Erika Vogel rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2014
Laura rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2014
Nrakooveryahoo.Cm
Nrakooveryahoo.Cm rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2016
  • Going to the Chapel
  • Authentic: Developing the Disciplines of a Sincere Faith
  • The House in Amalfi
  • The Shape of the Eye: A Memoir
  • Love Idol: Letting Go of Your Need for Approval - and Seeing Yourself Through God's Eyes
  • Taking Stock
  • Painting the Moon (Chilton Crosse, #1)
  • Etched in Sand: A True Story of Five Siblings Who Survived an Unspeakable Childhood on Long Island
  • Crazygirl Falls In Love
  • Below the Water Line: Getting Out, Going Back, and Moving Forward in the Decade After Hurricane Katrina
  • Bottomless
  • Megan's Way
  • Return to the Beach House
  • A Slender Thread
  • Don't Let Your Kids Kill You: A Guide for Parents of Drug and Alcohol Addicted Children
Kimberly was born and raised on Long Island where she currently resides with her husband and their two sons. She blogs at www.kimberlywenzler.com using humor to share her personal views on life, reading and writing. Both Sides of Love is her first novel.
More about Kimberly Wenzler...