Eco Babies Wear Green

Eco Babies Wear Green

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  17 reviews
The urban babies have gone green! Whether living life in the fast-carpool-lane, or eating locally grown produce, you'll find these trendy tots going the extra mile to reduce, reuse, and recycle.The Urban Babies Wear Black series has sold more than 50,000 copies. Perfect fit for Earth Day promotions. Fifth book in best-selling toddler series. Reviews"Just the right size for...more
Board Book, 20 pages
Published April 1st 2008 by Tricycle Press

To ask other readers questions about Eco Babies Wear Green, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eco Babies Wear Green

Crystal Marcos
This is the first in the series by Michelle Sinclair Coleman I have read. Eco Babies Wear Green is an adorable book. My daughter and I enjoyed it. I love how the book begins with a picture of a daddy changing his baby's cloth diaper. It was nice to see a daddy in a book changing a diaper which many daddy's do. The father also had a cute rubber ducky tatoo on his arm. Which just made me think he loved his son so much he got that particular tatoo. Another favorite page of mine and Kaylee's was Eco...more
Cindi
What color do the environmentally-concious babies of hybrid-driving northern Californians wear? Green, of course! From the author and illustrator of Urban Babies Wear Black, is a board book perfect for those babies being raised by parents who eat locally grown produce, keep a close watch on their carbon footprint, and carpool from their solar-heated house in Petaluma to their job in the Bay Area.

The one sentence per page text and whimsically drawn illustrations will make this a board book that i...more
Emily Childress-Campbell
This book is one of many in a series that started with Urban Babies Wear Plaid. Other books include Foody Babies Wear Bibs and Country Babies Wear Black. The book tells about things that eco babies do like compost, save water, and carpool. One amazon reviewer said, "I found this one sort of pretentious and not very engaging for my babe. He's only a year but many of the other board books will at least hold his attention be it the pictures or the flow of words as I'm reading. Not this one. He squi...more
Christina
If you are going to a baby shower, don't take this book as a gift. I've seen many Eco friendly board books that will capture a babies imagination. These illustrations are all homogenous and flawed conceptually for actually reading to a young one. These books are popular only because ADULTS think they are cute. New parents need a selection of board, bath and cloth books with high contrast to start the baby on a serious book addiction. Try DK or Suess.
Jack Kirby and the X-man
I haven't read the others in the series (Urban Babies Wear Black, etc), in fact it was only when I started writing this that I realised there was a series. Maybe the others in the series are more amusing - but this book seemed to be too bossy and prescriptive for my liking.
Abby
It's an unapologetic piece of propaganda promoting green living. The illustrations are simple, as is the text. Each page has a simple sentence like, "Eco babies recycle," and "Eco babies compost." It has a great message, and I hope that it makes a difference for the kids and parents who read it, but I thought it was pretty dumb and kind of hilarious.
Tamara
The first two pages were a bit uninspired (Eco babies wear green; Eco babies love nature), but the other pages are more playful (Eco babies run on solar, with an illustration of a baby playing outside; Eco babies recycle, with an illustration of a baby playing in a cardboard box with a newspaper sailor's cap.)
Mimo
Jul 11, 2008 Mimo rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents who want trendy babies
Shelves: easy-kids
Seriously? We're pressuring babies to be green now? Being good to our earth should be the norm, not the latest trend or fad. I am not surprised that it has not yet left our new book shelf at the library.
The two stars are for the illustrations.
Jenny
A review by Tilly (transcribed by Mom): My favorite part of this book is the page on composting. It makes me laugh because I am also learning how to throw cheerios on the floor. (Mom doesn't think it's as funny as I do.)
Heather
Cute, but could use some racial and ethnic diversity. Eco Babies Wear Green, but are apparently white (except for that one token brown baby).
Mary Beth
This is a great little board book--got it for a baby shower on Earth Day! Good message for budding environmentalist kids!
Super cute.
Salina Gonzales Frazier
Such a cute board book! And love that the first page is a baby having his CLOTH diaper changed! The entire series is adorable!
Meredith
Eco babies wear recycle, carpool, use solar energy, and other partcipate in other "green" practices.
Gillian Mccalman
Great kids book, great to help teach the kids about environment and open disscusions with the kids.
Mary
One of my favs. Lydia lit up when she saw it. We both love to kiss trees.
Megan
Urban babies wear black. Eco babies wear green. What next?
Kay
Nov 05, 2009 Kay added it
Shelves: board-books
cute babies
Max
Max added it
Aug 20, 2014
Manijeh
Manijeh marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Susan Jones
Susan Jones marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Silea
Silea added it
Apr 07, 2014
Helyn
Helyn marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Urban Babies Wear Black Beach Babies Wear Shades Country Babies Wear Plaid Foodie Babies Wear Bibs Winter Babies Wear Layers