Start by marking “The Secrets of Myth” as Want to Read:
The Secrets of Myth

The Secrets of Myth

it was ok 2.0  ·  Rating Details ·  1 Rating  ·  0 Reviews
Leila Butterfield, an exceptionally intelligent teenager, finds her world turned upside down when she discovers she may not be human. After washing up on the beach at the age of six with no memories except for a disturbing reoccurring nightmare and an incapacitating fear of water, she is adopted into a family that knows nothing of her past. But someone does know and they ...more
ebook
Published July 26th 2014 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about The Secrets of Myth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secrets of Myth

Brandon
Jan 14, 2015 Brandon rated it liked it
Full disclosure, I'm a man getting close to 30 who is definitely NOT the target audience for this book. That said, this book had a good story and I can see it becoming a book that many people will enjoy.
The premise is pretty straight forward, about a girl who is nearing her 18th birthday when she suddenly discovers that she isn't as normal/human as she had always thought. The beginning few chapters had my full attention, and I enjoyed trying to figure out what was going on, who was "good" and "b
Katie W
Oct 31, 2014 Katie W rated it really liked it
Leila is a pretty tough girl. She knows that she was adopted and has a very extreme fear of water, even though her successful adoptive parents have recently purchased a house right on the beach. Her birth father drowned when she was six and that's all she remembers.

As her eighteenth birthday draws near, she discovers some secrets about herself, her past, and her heritage that aren't at all what she was expecting to discover--there's a good chance she's not human.

I enjoyed the adventure that Le
Aapree
Oct 14, 2015 Aapree rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! The plot was very clever and the dialogue quite witty. At times I completely laughed out loud. The characters have depth and substance to them that make them flawed and imperfect, but likable and intriguing at the same time. By the end I found myself truly caring about them and where the story was going to take them. I am excited to read more! Can't wait for the second one to come out!
Sheila Majczan
Mar 21, 2015 Sheila Majczan rated it really liked it
This a story I would recommend to a teenager or young adult. AND it is the beginning of I don't know how many spin-offs.

It is a tale which I would describe as a young adult, sci-fi, romance. It was interesting and I was waiting for Aiden to discover a solution to his dilemma: his love of Leila vs his master's command to use Leila only to open a portal. The conclusion was a cliffhanger for me.

The author did a very good job of creating multiple magical worlds, figures and various powers but there
Cheryl
Oct 12, 2014 Cheryl rated it really liked it
What an enchanting world Amarissa Ainsworth has created in this book! I was completely drawn into it. I loved the characters and their relationships to one another. The strong family bonds particularly between brother and sister made my heart smile time and time again. I loved the relationship between Aiden and Leila. It was tender, sweet, and often made me laugh. This clean fantasy was full of surprises and I often didn't want to put it down. I want to share it with my teens. I think both my ...more
Charissa
Oct 23, 2014 Charissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
This YA fantasy pleasantly surprised me. I thought it might be hard to plow through since I don’t appreciate magic or fantasy generally…but the story was set enough in modern day normalcy to ground me. Leila doesn’t know she is a magical creature until the week before her 18th birthday, when her magic begins coming out in odd ways (like the lights flipping on and off without reason). A lot of crazy things happen as Leila is trained to control her magic and acknowledge who she really is. This is ...more
Linda Clarke
Aug 12, 2014 Linda Clarke rated it it was amazing
I am impressed with this fantasy. The characters drew me into a world of make believe so easily. I fell in love with them right away. That is what kept my interest. This story is fast paced and keeps you turning the pages. This is Amarissa's first book and she sounds like a professional story teller. I would recommend this book to both young adult and adult alike.
Serena Clarke
Aug 14, 2014 Serena Clarke rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this book! I love the mystery and the romance as well as the fantasy. The characters were so lovable. I couldn't put it down. This story is so original. I can't wait for the sequel!
Nicole Finley
Dec 05, 2015 Nicole Finley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Engaging story

This story has a great storyline with engaging characters, it takes you into a world of fantasy that's connected with our world. This is the kind of book that makes you think that anything is possible.
Debbie
Debbie rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2015
Nadine
Nadine rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2014
Marie
Marie rated it liked it
Nov 17, 2014
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2015
Sherrie
Sherrie rated it it was ok
Oct 09, 2016
Cara
Cara rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Sami
Oct 16, 2014 Sami rated it really liked it
3.5. An interesting world and a great start for Amarissa.
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2015
Amarissa Ainsworth
Aug 11, 2014 Amarissa Ainsworth added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-own
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Laura W
Laura W marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Dina
Dina marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Simon
Simon marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Annisa
Annisa marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Tiffani
Tiffani marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2015
Kelsy
Kelsy marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2015