Start by marking “Where Shadows Go (Georgia Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Where Shadows Go (Georgia Trilogy, #2)

Where Shadows Go (Georgia Trilogy #2)

For more than twenty-eight years, Eugenia Price, America's first lady of storytelling, has enchanted millions of readers worldwide with her gripping and evocative historical sagas. Now, with Where Shadows Go, the sequel to her bestselling novel Bright Captivity, Ms. Price re-creates life on a nineteenth-century plantation for her most dramatic and resonant novel yet.

After
Published April 1st 1993 by Doubleday (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Where Shadows Go, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where Shadows Go

Nancy
May 07, 2009 Nancy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This sequel to Bright Captive finds former British Royal Marine John Fraser agreeing to his wife Anne's wish to return to her family's plantation on St. Simons Island, Georgia. When the famous British actress Fanny Kemble Butler arrives on the island, Anne is forced to rethink some of her beliefs and find the strength to endure a tragedy.

Was good but too much about the same family as in book one of the Georgia Trilogy. As in the first book, it gives some insights into the southern view of slaver
Marilyn
Nov 03, 2010 Marilyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second in Price's Georgia Trilogy covering the years 1825-1839. This historical fiction novel revolves around the lives of actual plantation owners on St. Simon's Island, whose graves can be found in the churchyard today, if one knows where to look. This book provides a broad potrait of life in early Georgia.
Becky L
Jun 30, 2008 Becky L rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is a must read for anyone before they marry to get the real sacrifices & challenges of love.
Kissa
Jul 11, 2008 Kissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series was amazing. I knew a lot of the places Mrs. Price used for settings. I found out we had a mutual friend living in Savannah also. Very easy to connect to the characters and plot.
Wendy
Jul 27, 2011 Wendy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous, glorious book! Would love to re-read this trilogy. Hope my girls read it someday. (They are hefty reads. . . they will need some fortitude to hold the volume! :) )
Graceann
Nov 27, 2007 Graceann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: historical fiction fans
The second volume of the Georgia trilogy involving the Couper-Fraser clan. Involving and well-researched, as always.
Paula
Jan 07, 2012 Paula rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love books by Eugenia Price. Great storyteller, looked forward to seeing where the characters were going.
Laurie Stoll
Jun 09, 2013 Laurie Stoll rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very well written story.

I did have some negative thoughts toward this story until I read the afterword. This story is filled with John's, James, Jock, Anne's, and Annie. I was frustrated by this until reading the afterword I learned that although this story is "fictional" it is based on "factual" people through journals, research, and history. I then understood the author's choice of the names of character's.
Patsy
Jun 12, 2013 Patsy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very good book, I had a hard time putting it down. all three books in the series were great. A very good story about the south, slavery, and life on the plantation homes based on a true story. There was a lot of research on the author's side along with a group of people helping her. A very enjoyable book.
Sue
Jun 28, 2010 Sue rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
John and Anne Fraser along with their daughter Annie return to St. Simons from their years in London. John settles down to learning how to be a coastal plantation owner and gradually gets better. Over the years, the family grows with the addition of three more daughters and a son.
Re-read in 2013. Book 2 of the trilogy.
Cheryl
Feb 25, 2011 Cheryl rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Just as with the first and third book, the story was interesting but the writing terrible. I do not need a recap of what happened two pages ago. The books are so repetitive which makes them overly long and slow moving. Also, the dialogue between characters never felt quite right.

I will say, I found the ending to be very moving.
Penny
Mar 08, 2013 Penny rated it it was amazing
This is a must read second book of the "Georgia Trilogy". Well written about real people and how they deal with tragedy and family life.
Kim
Jun 24, 2013 Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is a true story and are 2 or 3 more books that goes with it. let my sister in law have this one
Penny Nichols
Penny Nichols rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2015
Janet
Janet rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2013
Michele
Michele rated it it was amazing
Dec 13, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2013
Savannah German
Savannah German rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2013
Kathy Clevenger
Kathy Clevenger rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2010
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2014
Rebekah
Rebekah rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2012
Wintersong
Wintersong rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2013
Marcy Delozier
Marcy Delozier rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2014
Shawn Armstrong
Shawn Armstrong rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2013
Lindsay
Lindsay rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2007
April
April rated it liked it
May 23, 2008
Dana
Dana rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2013
Lyssa
Lyssa rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2012
Cindy
Cindy rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2013
Sandy
Sandy rated it really liked it
May 27, 2013
Character depiction 2 5 Nov 16, 2012 04:34PM
  • From Fields of Gold
  • Rafaella (The Plantation Series Book 2)
  • Criminal Seduction
  • Look Away, Beulah Land (Beulah Land, #2)
  • Homeland (Crown Family Saga, #1)
  • Alaska: Four Inspirational Love Stories
  • The Glory Cloak: A Novel of Louisa May Alcott and Clara Barton
  • Too Long a Stranger
  • PS I Love You
  • Aftershocks
  • A Scarlet Bride
  • Amish Country Crossroads (The Postcard, The Crossroad, Sanctuary)
  • Sympathy Between Humans (Sarah Pribek #2)
  • Shadow of the Mountains (Cheney Duvall, M.D., #2)
  • High Hearts
  • A Perfect Love (Texas Hearts, #2)
Price was born into a middle class family in Charleston, West Virginia. Her father, Walter Price, was a dentist. At the age of ten Eugenia decided that she wanted to be a writer, an ambition encouraged by her mother Anna. She submitted a poem to her school's literary magazine. In 1932 she graduated from high school, declared herself an atheist and decided to pursue a career in dentistry instead of ...more
More about Eugenia Price...

Georgia Trilogy (3 books)
  • Bright Captivity (Georgia Trilogy, #1)
  • Beauty from Ashes (Georgia Trilogy, #3)