Start by marking “Where Shadows Go (Georgia Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Where Shadows Go (Georgia Trilogy, #2)

Where Shadows Go (Georgia Trilogy #2)

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  454 ratings  ·  17 reviews
America's first lady of storytelling takes up where her best-selling Bright Captivity left off, recreating life on a nineteenth-century plantation in the vivid, dramatic second volume of The Georgia Trilogy.
Published April 1st 1993 by Doubleday (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Where Shadows Go, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where Shadows Go

Nancy
This sequel to Bright Captive finds former British Royal Marine John Fraser agreeing to his wife Anne's wish to return to her family's plantation on St. Simons Island, Georgia. When the famous British actress Fanny Kemble Butler arrives on the island, Anne is forced to rethink some of her beliefs and find the strength to endure a tragedy.

Was good but too much about the same family as in book one of the Georgia Trilogy. As in the first book, it gives some insights into the southern view of slaver
Marilyn
The second in Price's Georgia Trilogy covering the years 1825-1839. This historical fiction novel revolves around the lives of actual plantation owners on St. Simon's Island, whose graves can be found in the churchyard today, if one knows where to look. This book provides a broad potrait of life in early Georgia.
Kissa
This series was amazing. I knew a lot of the places Mrs. Price used for settings. I found out we had a mutual friend living in Savannah also. Very easy to connect to the characters and plot.
Wendy
Fabulous, glorious book! Would love to re-read this trilogy. Hope my girls read it someday. (They are hefty reads. . . they will need some fortitude to hold the volume! :) )
Graceann
Dec 02, 2007 Graceann rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: historical fiction fans
The second volume of the Georgia trilogy involving the Couper-Fraser clan. Involving and well-researched, as always.
Becky L
This series is a must read for anyone before they marry to get the real sacrifices & challenges of love.
Paula
I love books by Eugenia Price. Great storyteller, looked forward to seeing where the characters were going.
Mikelkpoet
Excellent as are all her novels.
Laurie Stoll
This was a very well written story.

I did have some negative thoughts toward this story until I read the afterword. This story is filled with John's, James, Jock, Anne's, and Annie. I was frustrated by this until reading the afterword I learned that although this story is "fictional" it is based on "factual" people through journals, research, and history. I then understood the author's choice of the names of character's.
Sue
John and Anne Fraser along with their daughter Annie return to St. Simons from their years in London. John settles down to learning how to be a coastal plantation owner and gradually gets better. Over the years, the family grows with the addition of three more daughters and a son.
Re-read in 2013. Book 2 of the trilogy.
Cheryl
Just as with the first and third book, the story was interesting but the writing terrible. I do not need a recap of what happened two pages ago. The books are so repetitive which makes them overly long and slow moving. Also, the dialogue between characters never felt quite right.

I will say, I found the ending to be very moving.
Patsy Chastang
This was a very good book, I had a hard time putting it down. all three books in the series were great. A very good story about the south, slavery, and life on the plantation homes based on a true story. There was a lot of research on the author's side along with a group of people helping her. A very enjoyable book.
Penny
This is a must read second book of the "Georgia Trilogy". Well written about real people and how they deal with tragedy and family life.
Kim
this is a true story and are 2 or 3 more books that goes with it. let my sister in law have this one
L
It was ok. Great if you like historical fiction set in the South.
Cws
Sep 17, 2008 Cws added it
Shelves: adult-fiction
F Pri
Svea Liljestrand
Svea Liljestrand marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Jasmine Renaud
Jasmine Renaud marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Emmawoodhouse
Emmawoodhouse marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Tanya Stevens
Tanya Stevens marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Carla Lee
Carla Lee marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Kelly
Kelly is currently reading it
Nov 17, 2014
Elizabeth Norman
Elizabeth Norman marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Character depiction 2 5 Nov 16, 2012 04:34PM
  • Homeland (Crown Family Saga, #1)
  • Look Away, Beulah Land
  • From Fields of Gold
  • A Scarlet Bride
  • PS I Love You
  • Too Long a Stranger
  • Sympathy Between Humans (Sarah Pribek #2)
  • Alaska: Four Inspirational Love Stories
  • The Glory Cloak: A Novel of Louisa May Alcott and Clara Barton
  • Aftershocks
  • Amish Country Crossroads (The Postcard, The Crossroads, Sanctuary)
  • Everything to Gain
  • Forty Acres and Maybe a Mule
  • Tapestry
  • Inheritance
  • Into the Darkness
  • House of Evidence
Price was born into a middle class family in Charleston, West Virginia. Her father, Walter Price, was a dentist. At the age of ten Eugenia decided that she wanted to be a writer, an ambition encouraged by her mother Anna. She submitted a poem to her school's literary magazine. In 1932 she graduated from high school, declared herself an atheist and decided to pursue a career in dentistry instead of ...more
More about Eugenia Price...
Savannah (Savannah Quartet, #1) Lighthouse (St. Simons Trilogy, #1) The Beloved Invader (St. Simons Trilogy, #3) To See Your Face Again (Savannah Quartet, #2) New Moon Rising (St. Simons Trilogy, #2)