Start by marking “Day of Reckoning: The Stereoscope (Blackstone Chronicles, #5)” as Want to Read:
Day of Reckoning: The Stereoscope (Blackstone Chronicles, #5)

Day of Reckoning: The Stereoscope (Blackstone Chronicles #5)

When attorney Ed Becker spots the carved antique dresser in a dusty attic, he takes it to restore. Then Ed and his young daughter, Amy, make a curious discovery: Inside one of the drawers are a set of old pictures and a stereoscope, an old-fashioned device that allows you to see images in three dimensions. Oddly, all the photos resemble their house, where Ed’s grandparents ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 84 pages
Published August 10th 1997 by Fawcett Crest (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Day of Reckoning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Day of Reckoning

Joyce
Oct 03, 2016 Joyce rated it really liked it
I forgot to put this one on my reading list, I just finished it last night and the climax is building. Now it is on to Part 6 and Asylum. It will be interesting to see who the culprit is..
Dharia Scarab
Sep 14, 2014 Dharia Scarab rated it did not like it

4 sta
Lana Hart
Sep 21, 2014 Lana Hart rated it it was amazing
If you thought the patients in the other books were bad off, wait until you meet Paul. He is perhaps the first victim of the asylum who is not wholly innocent, and if you've played the video game which follows the events of these books, you know just how Paul ended up, too. It's not pretty.

Ed's visions are truly spinetingling and watching a good man combat the curse left my heart in my throat the entire time. It's not my absolute favorite of the series, but a great read regardless, and I was abs
Amy
Jun 12, 2008 Amy rated it really liked it
Ed Becker brings a fine antique dresser home from the old Asylum, a restoration project, an investment. His daughter Amy discovers an old stereoscope with a set of old pictures hidden inside one of the dresser drawers. The pictures, oddly enough, are of his own home, only with different furniture, his grandmother's house perhaps? Ed has prophetic nightmares, vivid, horrible memories brought to life. He tells his wife Bonnie about it, but she tries, unsuccessfully, to convince him otherwise.
Hope Willingham
Feb 18, 2016 Hope Willingham rated it did not like it
Only gave this story 1 star. Just wasn't a good part of the series to me. Book 5 of 6 to the Blackstone Chronicles Approximately 83 pages. I will be glad to finish this series. Huge John Saul fan but ready to change it up a bit. Hopefully Gonna enjoy getting into a whole different genre and read Beverly Lewis next. Amish stories!
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*
The story of this one is reaching and slightly silly, but it's one of the more depressing side tales. More about the asylum and main story comes into play, which makes sense since the next serial story is the final. Characters are still little thin, but Oliver is likeable enough for the most part.
Barbara
Mar 24, 2014 Barbara rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, fiction, horror
After this book, I'm pretty sure I've solved the mystery of who and why, but I'm still not sure about how. Off to read book six and find out how close to or far away from the truth I really am.
Kate
May 21, 2011 Kate rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
So I'm assuming that the stereoscope is an old-fashioned view finder? Of all the objects, it seems the least impressive
Amy
Jul 27, 2011 Amy rated it did not like it
I READ A REVIEW THAT said this book cleared up a lot of mysteries. thats funny becuse after readng it i'm left with more questionss than i had before.
Jason
Jason rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2015
Joyce Jaffee
Joyce Jaffee rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2015
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2011
Kyle
Kyle rated it liked it
May 24, 2014
Sophia
Sophia rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2014
Kelly Erickson
Kelly Erickson rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2012
Althea Price
Althea Price rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2016
Shannon
Shannon rated it it was ok
Mar 20, 2011
Elizabeth Lavelle
Elizabeth Lavelle rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2015
Rick
Rick rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2009
NathC
NathC rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2013
Valerie, Queen
Valerie, Queen rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2011
Miriam Mimi Nieves
Miriam Mimi Nieves rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2016
Angie
Angie rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2014
Rachel Slappy
Rachel Slappy rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2015
Beth
Beth rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2007
Jennifer Williamson
Jennifer Williamson rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2014
Mandy
Mandy rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2012
Carol
Carol rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2013
Crazylawnmowerguy
Crazylawnmowerguy rated it liked it
May 12, 2010
HastyWords HastyWords
HastyWords HastyWords rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2014
  • Haunted
  • The Amityville Horror II
  • His Father's Son
  • The Gift (In Darkness We Must Abide, #4)
  • Fruiting Bodies and Other Fungi
  • Eat the Dark
  • Lambeaux
  • Night Stone
  • A Noite dos Elfos (A Trilogia dos Elfos, #2)
  • The Green Mile, Part 5: Night Journey
  • Next of Kin (Scott Finn #4)
  • Starers
  • Clarissa Harlowe; or the history of a young lady - Volume 1 (of 9)
  • Impunity Jane
  • Brooklyn Dreams
  • Fairy Tale
  • Savage
John Saul was born in Pasadena, California on February 25, 1942, and grew up in Whittier where he graduated from Whittier High School in 1959. He attended several colleges—Antioch, in Ohio, Cerritos, in Norwalk, California, Montana State University and San Francisco State College, variously majoring in anthropology, liberal arts, and theater, but never obtaining a degree.
After leaving college, he
More about John Saul...

Blackstone Chronicles (6 books)
  • An Eye for an Eye: The Doll (Blackstone Chronicles, #1)
  • Twist of Fate: The Locket (The Blackstone Chronicles, #2)
  • Ashes to Ashes:  The Dragon's Flame (Blackstone Chronicles, #3)
  • In the Shadow of Evil: The Handkerchief (Blackstone Chronicles, #4)
  • Asylum (Blackstone Chronicles, #6)