Start by marking “Day of Reckoning: The Stereoscope (Blackstone Chronicles, #5)” as Want to Read:
Day of Reckoning: The Stereoscope (Blackstone Chronicles, #5)

Day of Reckoning: The Stereoscope (Blackstone Chronicles #5)

When attorney Ed Becker spots the carved antique dresser in a dusty attic, he takes it to restore. Then Ed and his young daughter, Amy, make a curious discovery: Inside one of the drawers are a set of old pictures and a stereoscope, an old-fashioned device that allows you to see images in three dimensions. Oddly, all the photos resemble their house, where Ed’s grandparents ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 84 pages
Published August 10th 1997 by Fawcett Crest (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Day of Reckoning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Day of Reckoning

Dharia Scarab
Sep 14, 2014 Dharia Scarab rated it did not like it

4 sta
Lana Hart
Sep 21, 2014 Lana Hart rated it it was amazing
If you thought the patients in the other books were bad off, wait until you meet Paul. He is perhaps the first victim of the asylum who is not wholly innocent, and if you've played the video game which follows the events of these books, you know just how Paul ended up, too. It's not pretty.

Ed's visions are truly spinetingling and watching a good man combat the curse left my heart in my throat the entire time. It's not my absolute favorite of the series, but a great read regardless, and I was abs
Hope Willingham
Feb 18, 2016 Hope Willingham rated it did not like it
Only gave this story 1 star. Just wasn't a good part of the series to me. Book 5 of 6 to the Blackstone Chronicles Approximately 83 pages. I will be glad to finish this series. Huge John Saul fan but ready to change it up a bit. Hopefully Gonna enjoy getting into a whole different genre and read Beverly Lewis next. Amish stories!
Barbara
Mar 24, 2014 Barbara rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, fiction, horror
After this book, I'm pretty sure I've solved the mystery of who and why, but I'm still not sure about how. Off to read book six and find out how close to or far away from the truth I really am.
Amy
Jun 12, 2008 Amy rated it really liked it
Ed Becker brings a fine antique dresser home from the old Asylum, a restoration project, an investment. His daughter Amy discovers an old stereoscope with a set of old pictures hidden inside one of the dresser drawers. The pictures, oddly enough, are of his own home, only with different furniture, his grandmother's house perhaps? Ed has prophetic nightmares, vivid, horrible memories brought to life. He tells his wife Bonnie about it, but she tries, unsuccessfully, to convince him otherwise.
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*
The story of this one is reaching and slightly silly, but it's one of the more depressing side tales. More about the asylum and main story comes into play, which makes sense since the next serial story is the final. Characters are still little thin, but Oliver is likeable enough for the most part.
Amy
Jul 27, 2011 Amy rated it did not like it
I READ A REVIEW THAT said this book cleared up a lot of mysteries. thats funny becuse after readng it i'm left with more questionss than i had before.
Kate
May 21, 2011 Kate rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
So I'm assuming that the stereoscope is an old-fashioned view finder? Of all the objects, it seems the least impressive
May 21, 2013 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
Love the series wish they still did this today. Can't wait to read the last one.
Robin
Feb 14, 2009 Robin rated it really liked it
good book-great series can't wait for the next one
Deborah
Nov 25, 2013 Deborah rated it really liked it
Still don't know 'who-dunnit'
Victoria Sterling
Victoria Sterling marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
ELAINE QUATE
ELAINE QUATE rated it liked it
Sep 23, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2016
Amy Goings
Amy Goings rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2016
AJ RisCassi
AJ RisCassi is currently reading it
Sep 17, 2016
Patty Gratton
Patty Gratton rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2016
Beth Hammann-Belew
Beth Hammann-Belew marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
Rick Bovinette
Rick Bovinette marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Lamara Disconzi
Lamara Disconzi marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Worm
Worm marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2016
Luann Barbee
Luann Barbee rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2016
Gabrielle Schaefer
Gabrielle Schaefer marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2016
Susan Snodgrass
Susan Snodgrass rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2016
Beth Golding
Beth Golding rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2016
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2016
Sheila
Sheila rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2016
  • Haunted
  • The Amityville Horror II
  • His Father's Son
  • The Gift (In Darkness We Must Abide, #4)
  • Fruiting Bodies and Other Fungi
  • Eat the Dark
  • Lambeaux
  • Night Stone
  • A Noite dos Elfos (A Trilogia dos Elfos, #2)
  • The Green Mile, Part 5: Night Journey
  • Next of Kin (Scott Finn #4)
  • Starers
  • Clarissa Harlowe; or the history of a young lady - Volume 1 (of 9)
  • Impunity Jane
  • Brooklyn Dreams
  • Fairy Tale
  • Savage
John Saul was born in Pasadena, California on February 25, 1942, and grew up in Whittier where he graduated from Whittier High School in 1959. He attended several colleges—Antioch, in Ohio, Cerritos, in Norwalk, California, Montana State University and San Francisco State College, variously majoring in anthropology, liberal arts, and theater, but never obtaining a degree.
After leaving college, he
More about John Saul...

Blackstone Chronicles (6 books)
  • An Eye for an Eye: The Doll (Blackstone Chronicles, #1)
  • Twist of Fate: The Locket (The Blackstone Chronicles, #2)
  • Ashes to Ashes:  The Dragon's Flame (Blackstone Chronicles, #3)
  • In the Shadow of Evil: The Handkerchief (Blackstone Chronicles, #4)
  • Asylum (Blackstone Chronicles, #6)