Start by marking “The Same Side (University Park, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Same Side (University Park, #2)

The Same Side (University Park #2)

4.09  ·  Rating Details ·  1,599 Ratings  ·  137 Reviews
The engagement's off and with Collin behind her, Lexi has decided that the temptations of Raven Davenport are too strong to be ignored. It doesn't take long for Lexi and Raven to find themselves wrapped in each other's affection, but not without the challenges that life poses. But can she withstand the world he's created or will the forces that are against them rip them ...more
ebook
Published September 5th 2014 by CM Doporto (first published September 3rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Same Side, please sign up.

Cristal Nieto At the end of The Same Side it says that Winning Side will be out December 2014!

Jessica
Sep 02, 2014 Jessica rated it it was amazing
What a roller coaster!
Raven and Lexi are so much better together than apart.
This book was perfect from beginning to end and I'm so excited that there will be another one because I don't think I'll ever get tired of them.
MissyDevoursDelishReads
The Same Side (University Park Series, #2) by author C.M. Doporto is a powerful flutter worthy novel. I had an amazing insta love connection with portrayed character Raven. He is intoxicatingly magnetic. We see a new light in Raven, as his accomplishments come along with struggles, and a dark past creeping back to haunt him. What path will he go down, and does that include Lexi along his side? I really enjoyed this book immensely, and would recommend in a heartbeat. I was provided an advanced ...more
Romance Between The Sheets

Firstly have to get off my chest, bravo to the author for the moment in the book when she lost her virginity. Did I feel as I missed something no, it was probably one of the first books in a very long time that did not make me bang my head against my iPad about the whole best night of my life rubbish, it did not hurt and angels sang. We get to read about all their sexual exploits but I liked how their first night was like a secret between them two as characters.

Ok so moving on The Same Side find
Steph
Sep 17, 2015 Steph rated it liked it

Now that her engagement is officially off, Lexi has decided she is going to do what she wants to do and stop living the life her parents want her to live. Her first step, Raven.

Raven is the man who has tempted her since the day they met but because of her situation, she wasn't free to explore it. Now that she is, Lexi is going for it.

But a relationship with Raven won't be easy and Lexi quickly learns she will be fighting every step of the way to make things work.

This is book 2 in the Un
Jocelyn Sanchez
Sep 04, 2014 Jocelyn Sanchez rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! I've read the first book, Opposing sides, and I have to say that I enjoyed the second book, The Same Side, more! I connected with Raven more in this book than in the last book, which is why I loved this book more. C.M. Doporto's books just get better and better and I seriously can't wait until the next book. Team Raven!!

This book starts where the last book left off. Raven and Lexi have realized that their attraction is mutual and decide to give a relationship a try. R
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
A few weeks after her engagement to Collin was off, Lexi found herself trapped by The Raven and she wasn't doing anything to get away from it - or him. Raven had opened up new horizons for her, made her realized all the things she'd been missing, helped her mark off the things in her bucket list. With Raven, Lexi became alive.

Raven proved to be a real deal-breaker for her. He had a messy past and complicated life, but he tried his best to steer clear and change. Lexi was helping him become a be
Amber .:★Wild Heart Reviews★:.
Feb 04, 2016 Amber .:★Wild Heart Reviews★:. rated it really liked it
Shelves: series
So I've been sick, and had nothing to do but lay in bed and read. (Because that is such a hardship lol) Imagine my surprise when I saw this on Kindle Unlimited. I'd been waiting to pick this one up, not because I didn't want to read it, but because my winter TBR is as along as my arm.

Well, it's on KU, so I grabbed it... and of course I dove right into it. I'm more than happy to say I was sucked right back into the story of Raven and Lexi. Now I'm ready for the next book and I have to make myself
JMV
Sep 17, 2015 JMV rated it liked it
Shelves: author-review
Received from the author for a honest review. The Same Side is the second book in the University Park Series and we start were we left off- Lexi & Raven revealing the attraction to each other. Lexi canceling her engagement to see where this feeling will take them. Raven still not sure if he is good enough for the naive Lexi. The big question is - will Lexi live her life and not the life her mom expects for her? Will Raven let Lexi in and give what they feel a chance?
I enjoyed the story even
Amanda Coffey
Sep 26, 2014 Amanda Coffey rated it it was amazing
This book was so amazing!! I am so hooked on the characters and the story line. I thought the first book was great, but this series just keeps getting better and better. The passion that the main characters have feels so real when you read it. I feel like any girl that has been in a very sheltered and controlled life can relate to the way Lexi feels. But oh if we could all have a Raven to help us figure ourselves out!

CM you are an amazing author and I can not wait for December!
Becca Mitchell
Oct 22, 2014 Becca Mitchell rated it did not like it
I decided to give book 2 a try because the overall ratings are better than book 1. I feel this book was worse! This book was just ok for me. The writing and storyline came across as juvenile again. I felt the characters should be in high school not seniors in college. There were also a lot of lines that were repetitive, and became annoying to me especially "the Raven trap". Just didn't work for me.
Tori
this book really irked me in many ways ... how can their relationship go from zero to living together in a matter of a few days ... I didn't really understand nor feel the deep connection between Lexi and Raven ....
Lost Between the Pages
Feb 02, 2015 Lost Between the Pages rated it it was amazing
Jessica
Oct 28, 2014 Jessica rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, ebooks
This book was an emotional roller coaster that I could not put down! I enjoyed it even more than the first book in the series and can not wait for book 3.
Iris
Aug 23, 2014 Iris rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, na
CM Doporto continues to rip my heart out with Raven and Lexi's story. I admit it... I've been caught in the Raven's trap and I cannot wait until the next book.
Kathy
Aug 17, 2014 Kathy rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book! Is was better then book 1, Lexi and raven are suppose to be together!
Cheney Stropus
Aug 20, 2015 Cheney Stropus rated it did not like it
DNF.... I just didn't care about Lexi and found the story completely unrealistic and forced...
Irma
Mar 05, 2016 Irma rated it really liked it
I'm enjoying this series so much. I love the caracters.
Once Upon a Twilight
review coming real soon!
Skai
Nov 22, 2016 Skai rated it it was amazing
This book was actually good, I'm so #TeamRaven lol. Like he was one of my book boyfriends fo real, Lol him and Luke tbh. It had taken me awhile to finish this book but it was definitely worth the read.
Landon
Nov 11, 2016 Landon rated it it was amazing
Good book!
Kylie Williamson
Oct 16, 2016 Kylie Williamson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Improving

This book was definitely a vast improvement from the first. I felt for the characters more.…even to the point that I hated Lexi's parents. Once a girl is 20, you gotta let her go!
The relationship between Lexi and Raven moved a little fast, but it happens. I love the storyline and the lack of perfection that Raven has. He's one of my favorite characters to read about.
Overall, I'm loving where this story is taking me and I cannot wait to get to the rest.
Slim
Nov 11, 2016 Slim rated it it was amazing
This book was good. It may have taken me a while to finish the book. But it was worth it.
Cindy
Sep 30, 2016 Cindy rated it liked it
Here we have our couple together but fighting Raven's lack of self worth. He shows his love for this woman and then allows her parents make him feel unworthy and make some really unwise decisions. And of course it all gets resolved right there in the last minutes of the book. Whiplash for me.
Cassandra Kutchara
Sep 19, 2014 Cassandra Kutchara rated it liked it
3 stars again! I just was hoping for more.

------------Spoiler Below--------------

Picks up right were the first left off. They kiss! whoo hoo! Then they start forming a relationship. Thing are going good.

Then Lexi, her friend, and Raven all head to his moms house for dinner. His mom says something like, "he's lucky to have you" or something along that lines and he is quite on the ride home. Lexi knows something is wrong when he drops her off.

A few days goes by and she hasn't heard from him. Whe
Mybooklatte
Nov 06, 2015 Mybooklatte rated it really liked it

Photo 28-10-15, 10 10 41 PM

The Same Sideis the next book in University Park Series. Its an emotional rollercoaster with so much drama. Lexi is not so timid anymore and she is not afraid to get what she wants. It picks up right where OPPOSING SIDE left off. I just had to start this book, as soon as I finished the part one. I enjoyed this book a lot more.

OMG OMG Raven and Lexi together finally. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!

After the Engagement is officially off, Lexi is free again. But to her freedom felt little tainted as nobody
Chrissy
Apr 06, 2015 Chrissy rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, read-in-2015
Finally some romance for Lexi! The same side picks up right where Opposing sides ends, and this book is a lot more action packed then Opposing Sides!

Lexi and Raven decide to give it a go, and the chemistry between the two of them is undeniable, and I thought "Yay, everything is going to be great for them now". I was so wrong! When things start getting good between them, Raven pushes Lexi away, and Lexi is devastated.

Watching Lexi try to win Raven back was cute, and she definitely grabbed his att
Becky
Oct 04, 2015 Becky rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
*I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review*

Having really enjoyed book 1 in the series, i jumped at the chance to read The Same Side, and it definitely lived up to my expectations.

In the second instalment of Lexi and Raven's story we see her grow as her own person even more, getting out from her controlling parents and visions of how life is supposed to work in exchange for just experiencing life. I love how she has the confidence to explore something with Raven, they are
Michelle
Sep 09, 2014 Michelle rated it liked it
I really enjoyed the first one but this one fell a flat. I am giving it 2.5. I will say the book is pretty realistic in regards to college kids behavior and relationships. Lexi acts like a girl who has been controlled by parents and finally cuts loose. Raven is her first hot passionate love affair. She is unsure of herself and insecure and try's desperately to hang on even when being pushed away. She believes their love will make them stronger and they can make it because they are together. She ...more
2kasmom
Jun 24, 2015 2kasmom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a continuing story of Lexi and Raven from the first book int he University Park series. In this story, Lexi works to find out if she can be the all American teenager. Her parents always want her to do what they have chosen, not what she wants. Now she is no longer engaged to Collin, she is trying to find out if her feelings for Raven are real.

Raven has a past that most would be ashamed of. He is afraid to take a chance with Lexi, but it is all he really wants. She decides she can no long
New Adult Book Club: #147/15 The Same Side by CM Doporto 16 43 Oct 05, 2015 09:19AM
  • Always In (The Shore, #2)
  • The Secret (The Promise, #3)
  • Glimpse of Sunlight (Jonathan Dickinson Odyssey, #1)
  • Her Favorite Hot Doc (Windy City Romance #3)
  • The Promises We Keep (Made for Love, #1)
  • Romancing Lorelei (Oak Hollow, #2)
  • Broken Road (Breaking Black, #2)
  • Hetaera: Daughter of the Gods
  • The Savant of Chelsea
  • A Novel Obsession (Novel Series, #1)
  • Iron Pendulum (Periodic, #2)
  • Kill Devil Hills (Kill Devil Hills, #1)
  • Perfect Chemistry (Kinky Chronicles #1)
  • The Man Painter (Painter, #2)
  • Magick Marked (DarqRealm #1)
  • The Third Rule Of Ten (A Tenzing Norbu Mystery, #3)
  • The Opening Act (Lost in Oblivion, #0.5-1.5)
  • Blood Hunger (Deathless Night #1)
CM Doporto lives in the great state of Texas with her husband, son, and daughter enjoying life with their extensive family along with their Chihuahua and several fish.

She earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism from The University of Texas at Arlington. After working briefly in the area of Public Relations and Advertising, she pursued a career in the field of Human Resources. CM considers herse
More about C.M. Doporto...

University Park (6 books)
  • Opposing Sides (University Park, #1)
  • The Winning Side (University Park, #3)
  • A Different Side (University Park, #4)
  • A Different Christmas (University Park, #5)
  • My Lucky Catch