Start by marking “Legal Ease (Sutton Capital, #1)” as Want to Read:
Legal Ease (Sutton Capital, #1)

Legal Ease (Sutton Capital #1)

3.83  ·  Rating Details ·  1,750 Ratings  ·  165 Reviews
From NY Times and USA Today bestselling author, Lori Ryan

This steamy contemporary romance has characters you'll fall in love with and a twist you'll never see coming. Dive on in to Book One of the Sutton Capital Series and fall in love!

Kelly Bradley is convinced she doesn't need to worry about falling in love when she comes up with her plan to marry Jack Sutton. She's date
Published April 18th 2013 by Carolyn Shannon

To ask other readers questions about Legal Ease, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legal Ease

Jacob Proffitt
There's a lot wrong with this book—too many chapters, stated age mismatch with apparent age, an irrational antagonist, convenient conversion with little impetus, and a wrap-up that's simply too complete to be believed.

But I liked it anyway.

I suppose it mainly comes down to liking Kelly, more than anything else. Jack was okay, but a little too . . . domestic? . . . to buy into fully. By which I mean that his home demeanor with Kelly doesn't match his (stated) work life or power and position—or ev
LaFleurBleue
May 26, 2014 LaFleurBleue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While reading the blurb, I discovered Kelly was supposedly 28 years old. I checked as I did not remember that and did not find it back. Anyway she did not have the life or behavior of a 28 yo, more like 22 to 24.
This book could have felt contrived, with the marriage of convenience plot, combined with the abduction. But somewhat it worked and I really liked both characters which felt rather real.
The writing was smooth, never too familiar or close to spoken language. One small qualm, I thought the
Tracy T.
It was an okay story and okay narration.

I thought this was an okay story. Nothing really exciting or memorable to speak of. I liked the concept of the story and but I thought it could have been better. Seemed to lack any substance to be honest.

There was a couple sex scenes that were well written, not erotica or BDSM.

There was plenty of dialogue and I like lots of dialogue so there is that.

The plot seemed to be undeveloped and an ending thrown in that was never part of the story, kind of just ra
Katerina
Oh my...
I just noticed I have the second book in this series already on my kindle...
But I am not exactly looking forward to continue with it.
Based on the 4 star reviews from other reviewers, I expected more.
More character development, more steam, more of "everything"...

The story started off so good, but the protagonists never left the stage of cardboard characters. I found them rather one dimensional, with just three thoughts constantly swirling in their heads...
The transition from a marriage of
Janeiowa
Dec 19, 2014 Janeiowa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The plot for this novel is a common one in the romance genre: a man needs a wife because of a "controlling from the grave" clause in a will. Kelly needs tuition money for Yale Law School. It sounds pretty run of the mill, but Ms Ryan does a good job with the basic plot, adds in some good and bad characters, and makes it worth reading.

I'm looking forward to the next on this series.
Jen_C
Wonderful surprise. Really want this H for myself. Our h walks into his office and declares herself his fiance to save his business. He rolls with it and they fall in love. No big, stupid misunderstandings. He romances her and takes care of her. Then the twist. She is in danger and he pulls out all the stops to find her & come to her rescue. Gotta love a knight in his "alpha" armor. :)
Susan Smith
May 17, 2013 Susan Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book; looking for more from this author. It was a fast read, but fun and kept me on the edge of my seat.
Dayreader Reviews
Apr 08, 2015 Dayreader Reviews rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jack Sutton, who is the CEO of Sutton Capital, finds himself in a strange situation after his mother dies. He either gets married to gain her shares in the company that his father built up from the ground, or his aunt takes over and he gets removed from his position. So of course Jack does what any normal person would do right? He tells his aunt that he is engaged. It’s just a tiny lie after all, nothing bad could happen, at least until Aunt Mabry wants to meet the girl who has won Jack’s heart. ...more
Brandee Price
*3.5 Stars*

Legal Easewas a satisfying romance. It incorporated a marriage of convenience trope which I enjoyed, a little suspense, and a little humor. It all combined nicely for a sweet story.

Jack is in need of a wife to keep control of his family's company. Kelly is in need of money. She becomes privy to Jack's situation, thanks to Jack's nosy assistant who happens to be a friend of Kelly's, and takes matters into her own hands from there.

I liked both Jack and Kelly. Jack is a good guy who
Illustrious Illusions
Jun 13, 2013 Illustrious Illusions rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2013, series
Legal Ease is the first book in the Sutton Capital Series, and lucky for you guys, book two, Penalty Clause has already been released! So you can jump into this series and not have to wait too long to find out about the supporting characters from Legal Ease!

Jack desperately needs a wife to keep control of his company. And he is even more desperate because he already told his aunt he was getting married. When Kelly waltzes right into his office while he is meeting with his Aunt Mabry, Jack is dum
Lynelle Clark
I received the book from the touring host for an honest review.

A wonderful romance novel I enjoyed in one sitting. From the moment I started to read I just could not put it down. Great plot, interesting characters and the romance, boy old boy!!!
Well written and fast paced you are introduced to Jack Sutton and Kelly Bradley. Each with their own reasons for doing what needs to be done, each refusing to accept the immediate love between them, seeking all or nothing. With a jealous aunt and stalker
Jamie Rhodes
Apr 17, 2014 Jamie Rhodes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!! Jack and Kelly really have some chemistry. I got this as a freebie, and boy am I glad that I one clicked. I loved the writing style. The story just flowed. No cliffhanger. I loved the dual point of views as well as the point of views from different characters within the story. Jack needs a wife in the worst way. Kelly needs money to attend Yale Law School. Together they give each other what they need. I love the realness of the characters. There are some tense moments, but this book never ...more
Awakencordy
May 14, 2015 Awakencordy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: x-read-in-2015
Even though I love the trope of "faking marriage/relationship" this was torturous. Everything happened too fast and I hate hate hate when characters fall at first sight FOR REAL. Not my cup of reading taste.

Boy and girl loved each other too soon (at day 1?) nothing was a challenge because all parties couldn't wait to get into each others pants and some random plot about "you meant a lot to me and i was a fool to deny it".
F.
I received this book from the goodreads-first-reads free giveaway. The first thing that struck me as a great idea was how the author set up the format of the book differently from what I'm used to in other books. The storyline was great and it was just an overall great book to easily read over a glass of wine. The characters weren't complicated and the story flowed from one chapter to the next. I would recommend it highly.
Tamla Jones
Apr 01, 2014 Tamla Jones rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

I absolutely loved this book from start to finish. I can't wait to read the other two in the series. This story had love and passion laughter and tears. The relationship between Jack and Kelly was absolutely amazing. I wished this story never ended I hope that the author updates their life in the next book.
Carla Cabrera
Feb 13, 2014 Carla Cabrera rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: must-read-again
Great Series

I loved this series. It is full of romance, suspense and some laughter. The chemistry between the couple's is quite evident and I was pulled in from the start. In Legal Ease, you will find a marriage for convenience that turns into love with a kidnapping and family drama along for the ride.
Louise Wardell
Aug 05, 2013 Louise Wardell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you Goodreads for the opportunity to read this book. I really enjoyed the characters and the story line. Kelly makes Jack a proposition he can't refuse. His wealth puts Kelly in danger while Jack figures out the what he is missing in life is Kelly.

Looking forward to reading more book by Lori Ryan.
Angel **Book Junkie**
I was pleasantly surprised at how much that I actually liked this book. I fell in love with Kelly from the beginning and I thought that Jack was truly a great man. I thought Kelly was hilarious and did a good job walking into something she had no idea what she was walking into. (view spoiler)
Bette Hansen
Jun 23, 2013 Bette Hansen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great marriage of convenience story. Jack and Kelly both need something. Jack needs a wife to fulfill his mother's will. Kelley needs a way to pay for law school. Along the way they discover what they really need is each other. Wonderful story with a lot of romance and a bit of suspense. Highly recommended.
Becky
Aug 19, 2013 Becky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun read perfect for the camping trip I was on. Great story I enjoyed the characters and though the premise was a bit far fetched for me, it worked well. I needed a quick read something to just enjoy with out having to think to much and this fit the bill perfectly, I actually am interested in picking up the others in the series to learn follow the other characters!
Mary Thompson
Feb 20, 2014 Mary Thompson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first book by Lori Ryan will definitely not be my last. Well written and compelling. Kelly was strong, smart, and amazing. And Jack was sexy, intimidating, and shocking. They were a perfect pair. The twists and manipulation of the plot kept me guessing and showed another side of the world that I only hope I learn about in books.
Amanda
Sep 11, 2013 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book very much. I"m still new to romance novels and I think this was a great way to start. I loved the writing style and the attachment to characters I developed. I would have to rate this a 5 out of 5. I can't wait to read the next book in the series.
Black Butterfly
Aug 17, 2013 Black Butterfly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: GOODREADS
Shelves: mystery-romance
BK#1 OF THE "SUTTON CAPITAL SERIES" VERY NICE ROMANCE STORY. I ENJOYED THE BOOK A LOT EVEN THOUGH IT WS A BIT PREDICTABLE. IT WAS FUNNY AT TIMES FOLLOWING ALONG WITH JACK & KELLEY'S FAKE ROMANCE. I CAN'T HELP LOVING A GOOD SEXXY LOVE STORY. I'M JUST A SUCKER FOR LOVE. SIGH!
sandy dunn
Feb 14, 2014 sandy dunn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sutton capital series

Sutton capital series

I have read all of the series now and I can say I love all of them. Lori Ryan is a great story teller. every couple were great love story.Jack and Kelly was a great read.
Karen
Jul 02, 2015 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow that was a great story. Was different than a lot of what is out there that I have read. I really enjoyed the narrator he did a good job of bringing the story to life. So glad I took the time to read this book. Headed off to book two of this series now
Kaffi
Feb 23, 2014 Kaffi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great romance...and NO cliffhanger!

Great characters, terrific editing and very engaging story. The sex scenes are nicely done without too much detail (for those of you that don't like erotica). This is your typical fairy tale styled romance with a wonderful HEA ending.
Rece
Dec 07, 2014 Rece rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: asbo
I really enjoyed this book. Very sweet, quick read. If you liked The Marriage Bargain by Jennifer Probst then you'll like this...and vice versa.
Kerry
Jul 22, 2013 Kerry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a quick but entertaining read. I thought the author did a great job with a story line that could have easily been cliche. Can't wait to read more in this series!
Loni Rifenburgh
Aug 10, 2013 Loni Rifenburgh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this book on Goodreads giveaway. I couldnt put it down! It was a cute, quick summer read. With just a hint of a twist. Definitely a goodread! Thank you Goodreads and Lori Ryan!
Lisa
Apr 25, 2013 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love this book! I love JACK! I started reading it and could not put it down. It was a great story and was also sexy! I can't wait to read Andrew's story.
Lori Ryan Fan Group: New Stuff 1 5 Aug 08, 2013 10:26AM
Lori Ryan Fan Group: Win a copy of Legal Ease 1 8 Jun 20, 2013 08:39AM
Lori Ryan Fan Group: Ask Jack Sutton 2 7 May 26, 2013 08:53AM
Lori Ryan Fan Group: Legal Ease Blog Tour 1 1 May 24, 2013 07:53AM
Free today and tomorrow! 1 7 May 21, 2013 07:48AM
This book is available free til Wednesday, April 24th 1 5 Apr 23, 2013 08:32PM
  • An Eye For Danger
  • Pastels and Jingle Bells (Heavenly Bites #1)
  • The Muse (Dark Art Mystery, #1)
  • The Wanted Bride
  • Academy of Love
  • Low Tide Bikini (Pleasure Island - Bikini Quartet #1)
  • Bachelor's Special
  • Collared (Going to the Dogs, #4)
  • Deep Rising (Outside the Lines, #1)
  • When I Find You (Trust No One, #2)
  • Concrete Evidence (Evidence, #1)
  • The Viscount's Vow (Castle Brides, #1)
  • Trust: Pandora's Box (Trust Trilogy, #3)
  • Deathwatch (Broslin Creek, #1)
  • Breaking Her Rules (Red Stone Security, #6)
  • Third Time Lucky (The Coxwells, #1)
  • Wild Irish Ride (Weldon, #1)
  • The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Sutton Capital (9 books)
  • Penalty Clause (Sutton Capital, #2)
  • The Baker's Bodyguard (Sutton Capital, #3)
  • Negotiation Tactics (Sutton Capital, #4)
  • The Billionaire's Suite Dreams (Sutton Capital, #5)
  • The Baker, the Bodyguard, and the Wedding Bell Blues: A Holiday Novella (The Sutton Capital Series Book 6)
  • Her SEALed Fate (Sutton Capital, #7)
  • Cutthroat: Sutton Capital Series Book 8
  • Cut and Run (Sutton Capital Series Book 9)

“Please don’t ever leave me. I love you Kelly. I love holding you. I love laughing with you and arguing with you and just plain being with you. I love the way you accept everything about me without trying to change me. I love making love to you and holding you when you sleep. And I don’t ever want to give that up. Not in a year, or two years, or ever. When I’m with you, I know that I finally found the kind of love that my parents had – the kind of love that will last forever.” 5 likes
“office and I want to keep it going.” She whooshed out a breath. “So, I’m just going to grab onto this year” 0 likes