Start by marking “The Death Code (The Murder Complex, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Death Code (The Murder Complex, #2)

The Death Code (The Murder Complex #2)

4.09  ·  Rating Details ·  1,138 Ratings  ·  229 Reviews
With short, fast-paced, alternating point-of-view chapters, The Death Code starts several weeks after The Murder Complex ended. Zephyr keeps the secret about Meadow close—that if she dies, The Murder Complex will be destroyed, too. Meadow, desperate to find her brother, father, and little sister, is determined to fearlessly fight to the end, even if it means sacrificing he ...more
Published May 26th 2015 by Greenwillow Books

To ask other readers questions about The Death Code, please sign up.

Writingwriterwhoreads Yes, with a novella The Fear Trials, it says so on her website...
Winter by Marissa MeyerQueen of Shadows by Sarah J. MaasA Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. MaasThe Heir by Kiera CassEnd of Days by Susan Ee
The "Can't Wait" Books of 2015
141st out of 2,320 books — 12,376 voters
Winter by Marissa MeyerQueen of Shadows by Sarah J. MaasA Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. MaasRed Queen by Victoria AveyardThe Heir by Kiera Cass
YA Novels of 2015
137th out of 1,447 books — 8,355 voters

More lists with this book...

Lizzie
May 28, 2015 Lizzie rated it it was amazing
SOO good! Gaahhh Lindsay Cummings is such a fantastic author!!

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

This book was so perfectly paced, and it was just so well written; you could tell that there was a lot of time and thought put into it to make it flow/sound as great as possible, and it was well worth it! I can't rave enough about how much I enjoyed the writing style.

The development of the characters from book 1 to book 2 is crazy! Zephyr has really discovered himself and stepped up to be a really great, strong
Ash Reads
Dec 31, 2015 Ash Reads rated it really liked it
As far as sequels go, I really enjoyed it....of course, because of that weird mood I have been in that I finally was able to get out of today......I didn't really start loving it until earlier today. I do know though, that if I read this again, and I actually read it right after The Murder Complex, that it'd be a full 5 stars.

This duology [MAN I'd love a third!!!], is seriously amazing. I love the violence, and I love that the romance didn't overpower the violence and the plot of the story. Ther
Sandra
Oct 13, 2014 Sandra marked it as to-read
I NEED THIS BOOK IN MY LIFE

WANT IT RIGHT NOW

2015? *sighhhhhhh*

ALSO LOOK AT THAT COVER
Elena
Jul 09, 2015 Elena rated it really liked it
Once again I didn't know this was a duology.. :'D I don't know what's wrong with me, but yeah, what can you do. :D
I found this to be a pretty solid conclusion though!
Stacee
Jun 25, 2015 Stacee rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2015

This was definitely fast paced and had a lot of things happening, but it was like an overload.

The first third of the book was the best. There was tension and action and I never wanted it to stop. The second third was a bit weird, but we got answers to a lot of the things that were happening, so I kept going. The ending section was like a watered down Hunger Games arena and it just seemed so repetitive.

What I was irritated the most about was this secret that one character whispers to
Melissa
It started SO GOOD! It read so easily and quick. Packed with action, plot twists, murders and so many Meadow/Zephyr feels!

And then ending is just.... UGHHHHH

I'm sorry but that's NOT how you end a series! I'm left with a billion questions and just... NO!
Please tell me Lindsay has a secret plan to write another book!!!
Writingwriterwhoreads
OMG THE COVER IT'S HERE!!!

10/16/14

It's Zephyr! Yay OMG I CANNOT CONTAIN MY FEELLLLSSSSS!

description

OMG OMG YAY I NEED TO READ THIS PLEASE LINDSAY DON'T KILL MEADOW!

Lindsay can I please have this book NOW!

UGH!

MORE WAITING!

I NEED THIS BOOK IN MY LIFE!

Update 1
OMG Lindsay liked my review :D
Darren Hagan aka snazzlebooks
This was a really REALLY good book and great conclusion. It was very tense, extremely fast paced, and really heart pumping. There were also some really well written emotional scenes, especially in the last quarter or so.

I tend to go into a sequel thinking "I bet this happens at the end", or something like that. What I thought would happen at the end of this book, happened in the first third, and that left me wondering what the hell was gonna happen next all the way through to the last page.

All i
Alicia Batista (Addicted Readers)

4 STARS

THE DEATH CODE was a fantastic sequel that kept me invested and on my toes the entire book. I LOVED this sequel as it takes us beyond the barrier and into the unknown. There was a lot going on in this novel, lots of secrets, trust issues, loyalty uncertainties, shocking reveals and revelations that were utterly heart wrenching and epically thrilling! I just couldn't get enough of it all, and then when it was over, I was SCREAMING for book three!!

Cummings really steps up her game in this
Ryan
Jan 07, 2016 Ryan rated it it was ok
This book was so fast-paced but such a let down. So let's recap:

Part 1: The first third of this books was SO great, everything that made the first book amazing. Action! Torture! Character deaths! But then...

Part 2: The imitation began. The entire book from this point forward felt like a ripoff of many popular dystopian YA books. The characters escape the perimeter and discover the horrible outside world...just like Veronica Roth's Divergent conclusion or Lauren Oliver's Delirium trilogy. It was
Alison
Jun 28, 2015 Alison rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
This book was great! What a great ending to this series. I totally loved sketch. She was by far my fave character in this book. I still like zephyr and Meadow a ton, but sketch was perfect. And the way the narrator did her voice was perfection.
Sam
Jul 06, 2015 Sam rated it liked it
This book annoyed the hell out of me. The ridge was literally the hunger games and zephyr was annoying as hell. The first book was so good. I don't understand what happened to this one....
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
*Review to come!*
Yvonne (It's All About Books)
brthedeathcode
Finished reading: January 20th 2016
Rating 4,5qqq

“There's hope in there somewhere. There's always hope. Sometimes it just takes a little patience before it shows itself.”

(view spoiler)
Gaby Valentin
Jan 08, 2016 Gaby Valentin rated it really liked it
Another bloody and gruesome book from the ever so talented Lindsay Cummings. I really enjoyed this book. As far as sequels go this was a good one and a pretty good concluding book for this duology. I must admit that I did like the first book a little more than this one but it’s a good one.

This duology is definitely so well written and develop. I liked this dystopian world that Lindsay Cummings created in The Murder Complex and I loved it here in The Death Code. This book was a bit more about see
Megan
Jun 27, 2015 Megan rated it it was amazing
A great display of finding what love is, and discovering how it never fails, no matter what. The Death Code was so action packed, full of anticipation lurking around every corner; it just simply leaves its readers in awe at its traces. Such a soulful book that connects deeply to the mind and heart.

SPOILERS AHEAD:
I loved this book in comparison to The Murder Complex, its first book of the series. There was so much revealed, and there was so much anxiousness.
I felt for Meadow, when Lark and her f
Nalani
May 30, 2015 Nalani rated it liked it
Shelves: rt-booklovers
Why!? I wanted to have this book be so phenomenal. I hurt myself because my expectations where too high. Why?!
The things I loved: Zephdow. I also enjoyed the world outside of the Shallows.
The things I had problems with: Towards the end the book felt like The Hunger Games, no joke. I loved all of the characters in the first book, but know they lacked that special charm that made me fall in love with them. Finally the ending. It was too open ended for a dystopian and Cummings literally left us
Devonne
Jul 10, 2015 Devonne rated it really liked it
wow. it took me a long time to read this. not because it was a bad book, but because i just haven't been in the mood to read.

i adore Lindsay's writing style, it was so much better than the first book. this book was also a lot darker than the first. i didn't exactly like Meadow, but i didn't hate her either. she's a strong character, but that's really all she is. she really has no personality besides being fearless and protective of her family. Sketch was definitely my favourite, she had the mos
Allison
Jul 29, 2015 Allison rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-i-own
I thought this was going to be a trilogy but its a duology.

The Death Code, the conclusion of The Murder Complex series, is amazing. I read this duology in two days. It kept me asking, what's going to happen now? Who's going to die? Are they going to survive?What's going to happen?! It's a very thrilling series and I loved it deeply. You have to read it if you haven't.

The ending tied it all really good together but I would love to see what happens after. With Rhone, the Initiative, ect. ect.
Happy Mpofu
Jul 30, 2014 Happy Mpofu rated it it was amazing
I actually enjoyed the first book and feel that it was underrated, it took me one day to finish it. I have high hopes for this one especially because of that cliff hangar ending. I hope that this book has lots more fighting scenes it since I enjoyed those alot xD and poor Zephyr!! my heart ached for him at the end of the first book
Sama Aziz
Oct 13, 2014 Sama Aziz marked it as to-read
LOOK AT THAT SEXY COVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GIVE THIS BOOK TO ME RIGHT NOW

I

CANNOT

BREATHE!

CONGRATULATIONS LINDSAY FOR EVERYTHING SO FAR! I CAN'T WAIT TOR READ THIS BOOK!
Sophie
May 31, 2015 Sophie rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
Not as amazing as the first book but it was still a very good conclusion to this duology (i believe there won't be a third book, this second book wrapped up so nicely :D )
The one thing that I love most about these books is how fast paced and action packed they are!
Seleena Hillier
CAN I HAVE THIS RIGHT NOW! ZEPHYR IS THERE OMG IM DYING
Marta Oliveira
Jul 23, 2015 Marta Oliveira rated it really liked it
Shelves: minesweeper-2015
I swear that I was angry for more than half of this book, Meadow was just so crazy and she seriously got on my nerves.
Another thing I didn't like is the younger sister in danger thing, I am so sick of every dystopia/fantasy book there is always the sweet and innocent younger sister and the badass sister that puts EVERYONE at risk just to save her. I loved the hunger games and all but I just can’t take it anymore.
That was the only things that bothered me, I loved the world and the whole freedom
Brooke Archer
Jul 17, 2015 Brooke Archer rated it really liked it
4.5/5
I really enjoyed this book. I liked the fast pace, and I love the resilience of the characters. They never broke from character (as some authors do to make things fit) and I loved that. Lindsay Cummings has a way with action and romance and it makes you feel like you're right there. I was pretty on edge the entire time. And when you-know-what happened, and then didn't, I almost cried out of happiness. Which would have been weird because I'm in the car on a road trip with my family. Yeah.
I
Fanaticfangirls
Jun 23, 2015 Fanaticfangirls rated it it was amazing
5/5 Stars
I absolutely LOVE this series! I was so excited for this book to be released and it most definitely lived up to my expectations! The Death Code was an excellently fast-paced finale to Meadow and Zephyr's story! -
This book was probably the fastest I've read a book all year. The plot picks up right where it left off in The Murder Complex, and it's definitely not boring. At just 20 pages in, I couldn't put it down because I was already sucked back in. Every page in this book puts you on
david y biblioflick
Honestly, I'm a tad bit disappointed on the ending. Ms. L. Cummings introduced us to one more experiment site - The Drop - which is not mentioned once in the book. While The Ridge, wherein (view spoiler)

Nonetheless, the book is still a great read and is open for another book. (a nove
C. Maria
Jul 27, 2015 C. Maria rated it liked it
I have mixed feeling about this book. It's well written and it is a good and interesting story but I couldn't get into it. It bored me and it was like torture - nothing interested me. I really didn't care what will happen with the characters or the story.
Eugenia Argerami
Actual rating: 3.5
While I didn't like most of what was going on in this book, I found that I was pretty into the story throughout most of the book. I don't think it's better than the first, but it does have a good ending. But I did not like the writing. I mainly didn't like this book.
Bethzua
Jun 09, 2015 Bethzua rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
4.5 ~ No acepto que se haya acabado la historia de Zephyr y Meadow. Quiero más de este mundo y sus personajes.

Aún no puedo decidir -si es que debo hacerlo- qué libro es mejor en esta duología. Ambos tienen lo que me encantó desde el principio: capítulos cortos y adictivos, un ritmo acelerado y mucha acción. En esta parte, The Death Code se mantiene fiel al estilo del primer libro, cumpliendo muy bien con las expectativas de una secuela.

Amé el inicio. Ha sido de los más geniales e intensos que
  • Strange Skies (Burn Out, #2)
  • Moirai (Aberrant, #2)
  • Chantress Fury (Chantress, #3)
  • Rebellion (Extraction, #2)
  • The Wondrous and the Wicked (The Dispossessed, #3)
  • The Defiant (The Forsaken #3)
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • Broken Faith (Spiritual Discord, #1)
  • Wisteria (Wisteria, #1)
  • Invasion (Last Princess, #2)
  • Indomitable (Intangible, #0.75)
  • Vigilante (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2.5)
  • ЯED (True Reign, #2)
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone, #2)
  • Blackout (Annum Guard, #2)
  • Dark Horizons (The Red Sector Chronicles #2)
  • Until the Beginning (After the End, #2)
  • Highlander Reborn
Lindsay Cummings is the #1 NYT Bestselling co-author of ZENITH. She's also the 24-year-old author of THE MURDER COMPLEX series from Greenwillow Books/HarperCollins, and the MG trilogy THE BALANCE KEEPERS, from Katherine Tegen Books/HarperCollins. She is represented by Pete Knapp at New Leaf Literary.

BALANCE KEEPERS #3 comes out this November: THE TRAITOR OF BELLTROLL.

Lindsay deals with chronic fat
More about Lindsay Cummings...

The Murder Complex (2 books)
  • The Murder Complex (The Murder Complex, #1)

“Happiness can always be found. You just have to be strong enough, fearless enough, to open your eyes and really look.” 3 likes
“This is nothing. Welcome to the Outside, Chickadee. It only gets worse from here.” 1 likes