Start by marking “Bulletproof (Songbird, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bulletproof (Songbird, #2)

Bulletproof (Songbird #2)

Morgan Pritchett doesn't need anyone. Strong-willed and confident, she's the master of organizing and looking after everyone around her. In her mind, she's bulletproof.

But she has one weakness - men. She can't seem to live without them, yet is unable to find her perfect match. After yet another break up, Morgan promises her sister and best friend that she'll write off men
ebook
Published November 20th 2014 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Bulletproof, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bulletproof

Tanya
Dec 07, 2014 Tanya rated it it was amazing
T & G Book Boutique Reviews

4.5 out of 5 stars

I couldn't of been more happy when I had the opportunity to get an ARC and be part of another big day for Melissa Pearl. Ever since I read Fever (Songbird Novel #1) I have been a big fan and I have participated in everything I could in regards to her book events. I absolutely loved Ella and Cole they are my favorite couple so far but I absolutely loved Morgan and Sean. Melissa couldn't of described them better. Th
Rae Sontheyon
Nov 13, 2014 Rae Sontheyon rated it it was amazing
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! This book was Melissa Pearl's best book thus far! I know she is still new to the NA Genre but she is doing it beautifully and I can not wait to continue to read her novels! Her songbird series are a hit combining powerful storylines, strong females, wonderful male characters to swoon for, and awesome integration of music!

The storyline for Bulletproof follows, Morgan Pritchett, who is the BFF of Ella from Fever. Morgan is portrayed as a strong woman in her early 20's who just gra
Brianna
Jan 12, 2015 Brianna rated it really liked it
Full Review on Brianna's Bookish Confessions.

I received an ARC copy in exchange for an honest review from the publisher. It does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

4.5 out of 5 stars

I’ll have to admit, I wasn’t as into this one as the first book, which I absolutely adored! It just had a completely different vibe than the first. But, good vibes. ;)
Morgan is wanting to find love like her best friend Ella did. But how? It can’t be that easy… Morgan is having trouble find
Kristen Babb
Nov 20, 2014 Kristen Babb rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-review, r2r
Should I count the ways in which I LOVE Melissa Pearl's writing? Bulletproof is a wonderful addition to The Songbird Series, an amazing NA series. I'm usually not much of an NA fan. There's always something that turns me off the book, and then I can never overcome it. That is not the case with Melissa Pearl's Bulletproof.

Sean and Morgan are a dynamic couple. From the very start, I loved Sean! He was just so swoony! Morgan showed a lot of strength. Her character developed so well over the stor
Suzy Turner
Nov 20, 2014 Suzy Turner rated it it was amazing
Melissa Pearl is on a roll... she goes from strength to strength with each novel she releases and this is certainly no exception. Bulletproof is totally swoon-worthy from the start with some seriously sexy characters with smouldering chemistry who can dance. Yes, dance. I LOVE that about this book, that music and dancing is what brings the main couple together and then features throughout (and the fact that the main guy is totally HOT!).
I'd love to see Buletproof on the big screen, I reckon it w
Rivalie (Forever Obsession)
Nov 20, 2014 Rivalie (Forever Obsession) rated it really liked it
(Copy Provided for an honest review)

Morgan Pritchett has had a bad history with guys. Her last relationship ended in a disaster and after that, she’s sworn off men and relationships. Everything seems to be working until she meets rising acting star, Sean Tate. She gives him a piece of her mind regarding pursuing his dreams, never knowing how much it affected him. A couple days later, she finally finds a job as an assistant to a TV series director to find Sean as the leading male protagonist. The
Kami Dodson-Perry
Morgan & Sean

Morgan Pritchett is a very independent woman. She takes care of the people in her life and doesn’t think twice about it until now. Now it is time that Morgan take care of Morgan. Of course, she still has to take care of her sister Jody who is now pregnant in her 1st year of college with the professors baby and her dad.

Sean Jaxon is a hard working actor who is slowly working his way into the Hollywood ELITE. After a small set-back with an ex-girlfriend his career is on the mend.
Michelle Schroer
I was so excited for this book!! I became a Melissa Pearl insta-fan after reading book #1 in the Songbird series, Fever. I was not disappointed with this follow-up!!

Morgan is an amazing character! She's tall, blonde, and sassy. She's fiercely independent, strong willed, courageous. And those traits were unfairly forced upon her. This is where some of the angst comes in... her mother left their family when she was 14. As the oldest, her role became - mother. She is the first one to jump into act
Brandee Price
Nov 20, 2014 Brandee Price rated it really liked it
I was very excited to get Morgan's story. I knew from meeting her in Fever that she was a complex character. Getting to know her, what makes her tick, and seeing her in love for real was a pleasure! Bulletproof is told in alternating POV between Morgan and Sean, which I love.

Morgan was made to grow up way before her time. Her mother walked away from their family when Morgan was 14, leaving her to step into the role of caretaker for her father and younger sister. This is how she began honing her
Jennifer Hines
Nov 20, 2014 Jennifer Hines rated it really liked it
*I received an ARC of this book free from Mark My Words Book Publicity in exchange for an honest review*

Morgan is just trying to get a long in life. She’s taken care of her father, raised her sister, and now it’s time for her to move forward. Though that’s easier said than done. Job offers aren’t exactly flowing her way and when one finally does come she desperately takes it even though it’s way below her capabilities. But sometimes with pain comes happiness. And her happiness comes in the form
Karen Voitik
Nov 06, 2014 Karen Voitik rated it really liked it
>Book review - Bulletproof

>This is the second book in the Songbird Series and ends with an HEA.

>Morgan is a young woman forced to give up her passions and dreams at the age of 14 in order to help raise her younger sister after her mother walks out. Morgan has always been the reasonable, strong type and it seems a lot of people are dependent upon her.

>Sean is a young, up and coming star. He is starring in a "Glee" like tv show that will give him his big break. He sees Morgan on the s
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
I received this book from Mark My Words Book Publicity in return for a fair and honest review.

So Bulletproof is Morgan's story. She is the eldest of the trio and came across in Fever as very much a mother figure. This time, though, we get to see WHY she is the way she is and how she really feels behind the mask that she wears for everyone. She is always the strong one, nothing can hurt her, she's bulletproof... or is she?!

This is an amazing story in its own right and not just as the second book
James
Dec 31, 2014 James rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Another good read in the Songbird series.

I’d been looking forward to this book for a while. I really liked Fever and I’m pleased to say I enjoyed Bulletproof just as much. I love the dual perspective writing, the way music is so thoroughly incorporated into the story, and of course the unique storylines and interesting characters. Morgan was a fantastic character. I loved the way she was so strong and determined to take care of everyone in her life. I also liked the way she was human and had to
Melissa S Frederick
Nov 21, 2014 Melissa S Frederick rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-books
Just Dance....

Bulletproof, the second book in the songbird series by Melissa Pearl is amazing. I absolutely adore Morgan, I was curious about her when she showed up as one of Ella’s good friends in book one, Fever and to finally get to read her story is thrilling.

She has spent her entire life so far being a mother figure to her sister Jody and her best friend Ella, but now its time for her life to start taking off. It’s not easy, but it’s Morgans time to shine and and live out her dreams.She is
Tia
"Bulletproof" by Melissa Pearl is Book 2 in the Songbird series, but can be read as a stand alone book. I haven't read book 1 in this series, but didn't feel as if there was any missing info in the book.

Morgan meets Sean, TV Star, at a karaoke bar and there is immediate chemistry but they don't hook up. She looks for work after graduating college but after tons of interviews she finally takes a job as a runner at a local studio, that Sean happens to be filming a new TV show at. They start a sec
Kelly Mccurdy
Nov 28, 2014 Kelly Mccurdy rated it it was amazing
~~I received this is exchange for an honest review~~

I love reading Melissa Pearl's books. She always seems to have something in her books that make her main character learn something about themselves. In this case, Morgan had to learn to take care of herself before she took care of everyone else. But at the same time, Sean had to learn to stand up and fight for what he wants.

This is a great series! There is something artistic in the books that make the book beautiful! Morgan gave up everything
Marcia
Jan 23, 2015 Marcia rated it really liked it
Sean a famous actor and Morgan an average girl looking for a job meet one day randomly in an unlikely place. Both can't seem to get the other out of their mind after that one night. It's over and they will never see the other again until... Morgan ends up with a job on Sean's tv show set. Each of these characters can't forget that night they met briefly. They befriend each other and the sparks fly. Morgan and Sean find they have many things in common and "yowza" they have hot chemistry.

Can thes
Megan
Nov 09, 2014 Megan rated it it was amazing
A wonderful edition to this fabulous series. I loved Fever and grew to love all the characters, including Morgan. In Bulletproof we get her story and man is it a roller coaster. She hasn't had it easy and that's not gonna change. She is such a strong character and you admire her from the get go but as her story unfolds you gain more and more respect for her. Sean was lovable from page one then he does some things that make you want to slap him, even if he thinks he's doing the right thing, but ...more
Kim O'Daniel
Nov 20, 2014 Kim O'Daniel rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful story. Her characters where simply stunning. They way
Melissa Writes just draws you into the story, so much so you cry along when
Their sad and so happy when they are. And the dace in this was so descriptive
I could see it in my mind, and it was truly beautiful. The fact that her main
character Morgan is so strong and independent was very refreshing. And it
takes Sean some time to grow and become the man his mother raised him to be
I am looking forward to reading the next book abo
Shy
Nov 23, 2014 Shy rated it it was amazing
This is another great read from Melissa Pearl. Every scene was well thought off and you can really feel the emotion flowing from them. It's like watching a movie. I love how she have woven the story as well as the characters. I like how Ella and Isabella was supportive as friends, Morgan's strength, Sean's indecision, all of them played well into unfolding the story. I even like the b*tch character of Rhonda and Travis being an *ssh*ole. And of course, Jody is something to look forward to. This ...more
Lisa Atherton
Jun 11, 2016 Lisa Atherton rated it it was amazing
I somehow missed this one, having jumped from book 1 to book 3 and onwards. It didn't matter though as these are all standalones. This a fantastic series combining romance and music seamlessly to create a beautiful story. Whilst in the others of this series, the music stood out, it seemed to fly under the radar a bit in this one but every song used was meaningful to the story. Another sweet, romantic read. Awesome!
Melinda
Nov 24, 2014 Melinda rated it it was amazing

Once again Melissa Pearl has a hit. I have to say I didn’t think she could top Fever her previous but she proved me wrong. I love that we see more of Morgan in this one and why she is like she is well Bulletproof. Sean is the man for her and talk about the passion between them is hot. Morgan is not complete unless she has Sean for the love they share is one that scares and excites her. Loved it and want more now of Melissa Pearl.
Ashlei
Nov 28, 2014 Ashlei rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed this story from beginning to end. This author always finds a way to keep you hooked. Morgan and Jaxon were beautifully flawed. They had real problems that most couples could related to. I loved all the music and dancing featured in this book. It was so fun and exciting to see what song would be featured next. I am super excited to see what Jody's book will be like.
Kristen
Dec 15, 2014 Kristen rated it really liked it
I received this as an ARC in exchange for an honest review from the author. Hot! Hot! Hot! Melissa writes another steamy romance fraught with conflict and hard decisions. It kept me up reading way too late! I can't wait for the next book in this series:)
Ashley
Oct 13, 2014 Ashley rated it it was amazing
Ahhh im so excited for this book to be released! It's so swoony and musical and fantabulous!

Morgan and Sean were adorbs and did I mention swoony? I cannot wait for Jody's book, and I just love this series!
CrazyDaisy
Nov 12, 2014 CrazyDaisy rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-for-review
This a great story! I love the characters. I was sucked in right from the start and could not put it down. This is a must read!
Melissa
Oct 31, 2016 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Titanium

I'm bulletproof nothing to loose, fire away, fire away. I won't be able to listen to this song the same way ever again.
I love the story, the message, the way the characters had to fight for what they wanted.
Morgan it's an amazing person. She feels responsible for everyone around her, even the people she just met. She's caring and loyal. That's a beautiful treat to have.
Sean is sexy, handsome, sweet, lovely.
They are perfect for each other. And you can see that from the very beginning.
M
Pyper at Reading Lark
Bulletproof is the second book in Melissa Pearl's Songbird series. This book tells Morgan's story.

If you've read Fever, you'll know of Morgan and Brad. Well, Brad has now dumped Morgan. The story begins with Morgan, Ella, and Jody singing karaoke in a bar. As Morgan goes out to get a drink, she runs into Sean Jaxson, an attractive action movie star - "Mr. Bulletproof" himself. They meet, exchange some pleasantries, and go on with their lives.

Morgan has moved back home with her dad and she can
Gemma
Nov 20, 2014 Gemma rated it really liked it
Check out more of my reviews on my blog http://gemmareadstoomuchforittomenorm...

Bulletproof is the first book I have read by Melissa Pearl and I was gifted a copy in exchange for an honest review so here goes...

For some reason this book isn’t exactly what I was expecting...

Morgan is a cool girl, she’s hard as nails and I actually really liked her attitude, unfortunately I hated that she allowed herself to be a bit of a doormat!!!

I really willed her to stand up for herself more and be more assert
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Bulletproof Cover Reveal 1 3 Sep 18, 2014 12:57PM
  • Me Tarzan -- You Jane
  • Taming Chaos (Raining Chaos Book 1)
  • Being Jade
  • The Trove of the Passion Room
  • Dead Wrath (Valkyrie, #4)
  • Beautiful Collision (Desperation, #1)
  • Rite of Rejection (Acceptance #1)
  • Turn the Page (My Once and Future Love, #2.5)
  • Best of Everything (Less Than Nothing, #3)
  • Enticing Interlude (Tempest, #2; Black Cat Records, #5)
  • Access Unlimited (Access, #3)
  • Redeemed (Bad Blooded Rebel, #4)
  • Music Notes (Heartbeat, #3)
  • The Wilde One (Old Town Country Romance, #2)
  • The Red Zone (Big Play, #2)
  • Snow Storms: A Wish on a Rock Star (Silver Strings G, #3)
  • Twisted Views: Fate's Companion (Lexi, #1.5)
  • Light My Fire (Serenade Series #2)
Melissa Pearl was born in Auckland, New Zealand, but has spent much of her life abroad, living in countries such as Jordan, Cyprus and Pakistan... not to mention a nine month road trip around North America with her husband. "Best. Year. Ever!!" She is a trained elementary teacher, but writing is her passion. Since becoming a full time mother she has had the opportunity to pursue this dream and her ...more
More about Melissa Pearl...

Songbird (9 books)
  • Fever (Songbird, #1)
  • Everything (Songbird, #3)
  • Home (Songbird, #4)
  • True Love (Songbird, #5)
  • Troublemaker (Songbird #6)
  • Rough Water (Songbird #7)
  • Geronimo (Songbird, #8)
  • Hole Hearted (A Songbird Novel)