Start by marking “Dad's Pregnant Too” as Want to Read:
Dad's Pregnant Too

Dad's Pregnant Too

3.62  ·  Rating Details  ·  108 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews

More than 4 million babies are born in the United States each year and that means there are more than 4 million expectant dads wondering what the next nine months of pregnancy will mean for them and their relationship with their spouse or partner. What better way to prepare men for impending fatherhood than by giving them a step-by-step guide with advice, tips stories and

Published June 1st 2008 by Sourcebooks (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Dad's Pregnant Too, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dad's Pregnant Too

Esmeralda Rupp-Spangle
Aug 23, 2010 Esmeralda Rupp-Spangle rated it did not like it
Lame. Advice for guys who are total douchebags by a guy who kind of reads like a douchbag under-cover. The type of dude who would advise you to tell your wife she doesn't look fat ("even if you think she does")... too irritated after 3 or 4 chapters to bother finishing it, but I do acknowledge that there are guys who are such pricks that they wouldn't think of this "common courtesy" (be nice to your wife, do extra shit while she's pregnant and don't bitch about it) type advice, and that it's pro ...more
Rachelle
One of the best book out there for guys...it really helps to make dad feel a part of the pregnancy and he will be a better husband and father because of it! :)
Philip
Jan 01, 2011 Philip rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction, gift
I agree with Esmeralda's review. Someone should write a book for expectant fathers that assumes that we actually want to have a child.
David
Feb 20, 2014 David rated it liked it
This was my first pregnancy book so I don't really have anything to compare it to (Daddy's First Pregnancy Book!) but I found it to be an informative, enjoyable read. About 90% of the content is pretty much the same stuff that the mother would be reading, but there are also discussions on how to be a supportive partner. I was also surprised to find how funny the book is, though much of the humor is admittedly pretty corny. It's definitely a book geared more towards hetero cis male fathers, but n ...more
Brian
Jul 31, 2015 Brian rated it liked it
Mastered! Now on to the next challenge!

Update: If anything this book made everything seem way harder than it actually is!
Lenore Webb
Jul 28, 2010 Lenore Webb rated it liked it
Dad's Pregnant Too! This is a great guide to help dad prepare and enjoy the first nine months of his childs life. You know how it is. Focus is all on mom, after all she is carrying the baby. But where does dad fit in after the deed is done? Well here is a way for him to know where and what to do. What type of partner is he? How he can make mom feel special. The trap of those baby stores where everything looks like you need it. And all those in between things like the baby's development and why m ...more
Adam Floridia
Aug 11, 2011 Adam Floridia rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-star-books
For the most part, this is advice that couldn't be more obvious. Stuff like, "Don't call her fat" and "Be kind to her." Then there's the gamut of advice to cover different personalities. Stuff like "Pregnant women might be really grumpy" followed by "Pregnant women might not be grumpy at all." All of this is peppered with corny jokes and repeated pleas to "please submit your own ideas to my website so that I can add them to my next book." Mr. Harlan, please don't write a next book.

Even the few
Adam
Oct 08, 2009 Adam rated it really liked it
Shelves: other
I found this book very informational and funny at the same time. It's a great book for any guys who are having a baby. The author is really funny and provides a lot of good information about what to expect without getting too technical. It also gives some really good advice for how to deal with certain situations during a pregnancy and how to prepare for and deal with the changes that your partner will be going through. I gave it 4 stars because there were a few moral viewpoints that I disagreed ...more
Angie
Dec 02, 2010 Angie rated it it was amazing
I read this over my maternity leave and learned more from it than most of my pregnancy and new mom books. It's a really great books for first time parents and breaks the parenting topics down to an understandable level. It's concise and very poignant for me at this time. My husband read it and loved it. Love it love it love it.
Alice
Apr 05, 2010 Alice rated it really liked it
Shelves: breeding
IMO, much better than 'What to Expect.' Practical & easy to read, without the weird, leftover-from-the-70s (or 80s) awkwardness that creeps into a few pregnancy/baby books I've read.

That said, you only read a few (or one!) of each of this type of book, so all baby book reviews should be taken with a grain of salt, I think.
Ryan Parker
Nov 01, 2013 Ryan Parker rated it really liked it
As a soon to be first time Dad, I got a lot of good info out of this one. It's easy to read and mixes a lot of real world stories in with the advice. If nothing else, it helped me mentally prepare for what is to come. Thanks to our neighbor Diana Cleveland for lending it to me.
Kelly
Feb 03, 2012 Kelly rated it it was ok
Read this just for research purposes only!! :)

Overall, okay. Not much in there that I didn't already know. I think it would be an easy introduction for dad, to the not-really-talked-about aspects of pregnancy and childbirth.
Paul
Sep 09, 2012 Paul rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
A helpful guide to pregnancy from a guys perspective - covers a lot of the same information as most other pregnancy books but is more accessible. Recommend if you have a dad who is expecting.
Tyler
Jun 25, 2011 Tyler rated it really liked it
Definitely recommend this comical, informative book to first-time dads-to-be. A lot of helpful, insightful information about a topic I knew nothing about: pregnancy.
Colin Kemmis
Jul 24, 2011 Colin Kemmis rated it it was amazing
Funny and informative. Good balance of research and anecdotes.
Patrick
Nov 09, 2009 Patrick rated it it was ok
I just dont know if I can say I enjoyed a book that is a "how to"...
Thorby
Nov 14, 2014 Thorby rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. Informative and funny, a must-read.
Brian
Mar 20, 2009 Brian added it
This is a fantastic book for the Dad to be, like me.
Aimee
Jul 03, 2009 Aimee marked it as to-read
WE ARE NOT PREGNANT. JUST WANT IT ON THE TO-READ LIST.
Jenna
May 30, 2013 Jenna rated it liked it
Read this one for work.
Jake
Jake marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Brian Green
Brian Green rated it liked it
May 06, 2016
Lulu Lv
Lulu Lv rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2016
Sarah Snyder
Sarah Snyder rated it liked it
May 11, 2016
Matt
Matt rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2016
Vivek
Vivek rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2016
Bryan
Bryan added it
Mar 10, 2016
Ashley Osaki
Ashley Osaki rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2016
Matthew Engle
Matthew Engle is currently reading it
Jan 07, 2016
Reginald Pike
Reginald Pike rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2016