Start by marking “The Wisdom of Wallace D. Wattles: The Science of Getting Rich, the Science of Being Great & the Science of Being Well” as Want to Read:

4.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  285 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
The Wisdom of Wallace D. Wattles - Including: The Science of Getting Rich, The Science of Being Great & The Science of Being Well The Science of Getting Rich

THIS book is pragmatical, not philosophical; a practical manual, not a treatise upon theories. It is intended for the men and women whose most pressing need is for money; who wish to get rich first, and philosophiz
Published December 25th 2006 by www.bnpublishing.com (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Wisdom of Wallace D. Wattles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wisdom of Wallace D. Wattles

Lawrence Hung
Jun 19, 2014 Lawrence Hung rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, favorites
The first time when I heard that getting rich s a science really astonished me. But when I started to read the pages I couldn't stop reading. The style of arguments are so naturally convincing. My book is a Chinese translation of the book but the messages and wisdom still get across. They are so beautiful that they made my day all days. It's philosophical, not "how-to" toolkit. Wallace had a very sharp observations about nature, about law of the universe, and about the righteousness of the world ...more
Kita Williams
Oct 22, 2014 Kita Williams rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Empowering read

Even though this book was written before many modern-day breakthroughs in health, medicine and science, the general principles described in Wattles' work are undeniable. We have learned in recent times that the mind is the ultimate source of healing and how to use that power is spelled out in simple terms in this book. Regardless of your faith, you can find wisdom in this read.
Gregory
Sep 02, 2008 Gregory rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is not for the easily offended...
It was written by a "HIGH D (DISC) personality. in other words A Red (The color code)a Choleric (Personality Plus), and a Type "A" Personality for those of you who fall back on that lable because you don't know much about personality typing...
Wallace Wattles says it like he sees it and doesn't do much to preserve the feelings of the reader.
I suspect that most people would be quickly rubbed the wrong way and discontinue reading it all together...
This boo
Lisa Lorraine Bowen
Great rules for living

This is my favorite book as it concisely covers all aspects of life. It defines how to live in simple basic ways. Live you life in a certain way of controlling your thoughts to positive abundance.
Kevin Michel
Jan 30, 2015 Kevin Michel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Classic self-help material. Very inspiring and timeless.
Skip
Apr 07, 2008 Skip rated it really liked it
Recommended to Skip by: The Secret
This book is timeless with its theories, but science continues to advance. This is definitely the case with the book, the science of being well. It is inspiring and has useful tools in developing "new thought" patterns which enable us to succeed.

I do like the idea that we are all meant to live abundant lives and in doing so, God is able to live more abundantly through us.
Wei Luo
Dec 30, 2013 Wei Luo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What is the final human wealth: pure soul, good health, and innovative, positive and confident spirit. How to achieve them? follow the laws from this book. Those laws are born from Bible, points from self-development books and the virtue of Tao. Worth reading.
Maria
Aug 21, 2008 Maria rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Being that this was a trilogy, this was super hard for me to wade through! There are some good ideas in here, but some really outlandish ones and I think a lot of them unrealistic for most people to accomplish. I really enjoyed the emerson quote at the end (not sure if it was because it was the end or if it was because of the quote)
Jacque
Feb 07, 2008 Jacque rated it really liked it
Shelves: inspirational
If you've seen the Secret, this is the book she read that inspired her to change her life. It is very inspiring in a common sense, universal sort of way.
D'Arcy
Nov 10, 2007 D'Arcy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read a lot of books this week with the same theme. Thoughts are things so choose good ones continues to be that main point of these "great avatars!"
Jay
Feb 16, 2010 Jay rated it liked it
Shelves: self-help
I just picked this up to read. One of the parts, The Science of Getting Rich, was the trigger that led Rhonda Byrne to produce The Secret.
Chris
May 21, 2012 Chris rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was a free Kindle book recommended to me. I hope whoever wrote the algorithm that recommended this to me gets fired.
Angela
May 19, 2012 Angela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wallace Wattles has interesting insights which will help develop your skill sets. Highly recommend.
Lorraine
Nov 12, 2011 Lorraine rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Great theory behind the science of creating wealth but it was challenging to read through.
Dene Hager

A bit challenging to read....
Stephanie
Great info...hard to read sometimes!
Allen
Allen marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016
TruthLib
TruthLib marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Lindy Trimble
Lindy Trimble rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2016
Jude S.
Jude S. marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2016
Ruben Salinas
Ruben Salinas rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2016
Paula
Paula is currently reading it
Aug 03, 2016
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
Jorge
Jorge marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
Sameera
Sameera marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
  • Sara, Book 1: Sara Learns the Secret about the Law of Attraction
  • Richest Man in Babylon and The Magic Story
  • Your Invisible Power: A Presentation of the Mental Science of Thomas Troward
  • Thoughts Are Things
  • Thought Vibration or the Law of Attraction in the Thought World
  • Creativity for Life: Practical Advice on the Artist's Personality, and Career from America's Foremost Creativity Coach
  • Superlearning 2000
  • Keys to the Kingdom: Celebrating Men, Satisfying Women
  • Richard Bandler's Guide to Trance-Formation Make Your Life Great.
  • Eight Pillars of Prosperity
  • Killing Sacred Cows: Overcoming the Financial Myths That Are Destroying Your Prosperity
  • The Right Questions: Ten Essential Questions To Guide You To An Extraordinary Life
  • Get the Life You Want: The Secrets to Quick and Lasting Life Change with Neuro-Linguistic Programming
  • The Sedona Method: Your Key to Lasting Happiness, Success, Peace and Emotional Well-being
  • The Relaxation Response
  • The Art of Mindful Living: How to Bring Love, Compassion, and Inner Peace Into Your Daily Life
  • The Builders a Story and Study of Masonry
  • The Science of Success: How to Attract Prosperity and Create Life Balance Through Proven Principles
Wallace Delois Wattles was an American author. A New Thought writer, he remains personally somewhat obscure, but his writing has been widely quoted and remains in print in the New Thought and self-help movements. Wattles' best known work is a 1910 book called The Science of Getting Rich in which he explained how to become wealthy.

He studied the writings of Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel and Ralph W
More about Wallace D. Wattles...

“The purpose of life for man is growth, just as the purpose of life for trees and plants is growth.” 6 likes
“The man who is wise enough to know the right thing to do, who is good enough to wish to do only the right thing, and who is able and strong enough to do the right thing is a truly great man.” 4 likes