Start by marking “Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2)

Frostbite (Vampire Academy #2)

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  201,790 ratings  ·  7,617 reviews
Rose loves Dimitri, Dimitri might love Tasha, and Mason would die to be with Rose...

It’s winter break at St. Vladimir’s, but Rose is feeling anything but festive. A massive Strigoi attack has put the school on high alert, and now the Academy’s crawling with Guardians—including Rose’s hard-hitting mother, Janine Hathaway. And if hand-to-hand combat with her mom wasn’t bad
Published April 10th 2008 by Razorbill (first published April 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Frostbite, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Aliza Majid Srry thats what I ment i was rereading frostbite and Eddie was talking so i messed up srry
City of Ashes by Cassandra ClareHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareMarked by P.C. Cast
Books That Should Be Made Into Movies
8th out of 18,672 books — 50,153 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. RowlingTo Kill a Mockingbird by Harper LeeTwilight by Stephenie MeyerPride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Best Books Ever
136th out of 34,485 books — 132,520 voters

More lists with this book...

Ria Lize
Kat Kennedy
The first book in this series left me feeling a big Meh. It’s confusing, nonsensical premise was distracting, though I felt in some ways it managed to distract from what was essentially a weak plot and simple story.

The same can not be said for Frostbite. The lore of Vampire Academy hasn’t changed but the complexities and further insight, or perhaps just familiarity have lessoned the ache of it. It’s also dealt with differently and in a more realistic way – which is in direct ascension with the g
Jamie
I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. This books picks up shortly after the first book in the series. Rose is still in training with Dimitri and feelings run strong between the two but cannot be acted upon, with both of them being Lissa's (a Moroi princess and Rose's best friend) future guardians. There are some attacks on the Moroi royal families. This sends fear of what should be done to stop the Strigoi. Some feel it is time for the Moroi to fight beside their guardians and learn ...more
Saniya(Will Herondale is mine)
Oh... my... God! Holy...I am freaking out! This is the second installment in the Vampire Academy series. Are you kidding me?! This book looks like the last book in the series! Gosh, what will happen in the other four books? I loved this book, it was so entertaining and amazing.

Might have spoilers:
Rose has become sightly an adult and now she realizes her mistakes and her relationships with many people increased. I always liked Rose because she is a strong kick-ass heroine and can handle anything
Annie
The blurb says: Mason would die to be with Rose...
Well that's just silly. If you die to be with someone, you wouldn't be able to be with them, cause you'd be dead! Plus, like everything else in this book, that's such a melodramatic statement.

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what the big deal over this series is. It’s recommended all over the place, the star average for this is really good, and it’s really popular – maybe I got my hopes up too high? I read the first one, was indifferen
Willow
This is a satisfying sequel, because the thing is, Richelle Mead could have gone very obvious with Rose. It would have been easy street, and would have probably still worked, as Rose threw in a quip here and there, kicked some ass, got in trouble, got saved, learned her lesson and then got the boy.
Bada Bing. Bada Boom.
And while Rose may do all those things, she does them in her own way and her own time and becomes a fully fleshed girl whose mistakes you might cringe at but you understand. That's
Emily May

Oh dear... I seem to be ever so slightly... hooked. How did this happen? I was proceeding with caution, I swear I was but... my god, this book was good. I liked it even better than the first one in this series, I honestly have nothing but praise for this book. I shall of course have to accept my fate when they start to go downhill, but there's always a chance that by then my obsession will have ran so deep that I won't even care in my lust to find out what happens to Rose and Lissa and Dimitri.

I
Sarah (saz101)
Oh. My. Goodness. Rose Hathaway is back, and she’s the reason we have the word BADASS. Frostbite, the second instalment in the Vampire Academy series, is rather obvious evidence that there is a real reason this series is so colossally popular.

I honestly don’t know why it took me so damn long to read Vampire Academy... and then waited months before reading Frostbite. After (finally) reading it, I’m sold... but where do I start? The amazing BFF relationship? Unique, fascinating mythology? The swoo
Wendy Darling
A lot of people don't like this Vampire Academy book as much, but it's one of my favorites. There are breath-taking battle sequences at the end, and a devastating aftermath that leaves Rose forever changed. My respect for her grew leaps and bounds in this book, and the series really kicked into high gear both in story and in emotion.
Gillian

originally posted at Writer of Wrongs

WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THIS SERIES WOULD RUIN MY LIFE?

27 GIFs Of Taylor Swift Dancing Awkwardly In Her New Music Video
DAMN YOU BOOK DAMN YOU

I admit that I have a terrible personality flaw, and it's that sometimes, I can be the worst hipster. It's been a long journey for me from the classic-reading snobby teenager I was to the adult who shrieks about ships on the internet and proudly draws fan art. Vampire Academy was an unfortunate casualty of my hipster snob years where I wasn't so into vampires or love triangles or thin
The Holy Terror
Jan 29, 2010 The Holy Terror rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone that is a fan of Mead's other series
This book was intense! I've already come to the conclusion that I'll read anything that Richelle Mead writes. I think that if you're a fan of either of her other two series you'd like this one a lot too, even though it's a teen series.

This doesn't read like a normal teen series though. There is some of the normal stuff that teens have to deal with; peer pressure, the requisite blond "mean girl," and sexual frustration, among other things. The difference here though is Rose is STRONG. She doesn'
Marga
Actual Rating: 3.5/5 stars

You know, it's really strange how I see a lot of similarities between this and the Covenant series. I remember liking the latter but not to the point of remembering every single detail. But as I read this one, I actually recalled some events that happened in that series! It was sort of weird because it was almost the same if you changed the names of the characters.

But still.. this book managed to make me like it. Frostbite almost made me cry. I was so shocked that I ma
Pang
I GOT HOOKED FROM THE START! It is fast-paged and unputdownable! Although book 2 is not suspense like book 1. I think :P Anyway, I think I'M ALREADY OBSESSED with this series and want more.

descriptiondescription

Rose.. She is Kick-Ass as always and I love her. The relationship between her and Dimitri more develop in this book. I'm quite get into them now, although not much since they have different personalities. Rose is lively, funny and sarcastic. Dimitri is silent. But some their scenes are touching and cute. When
Cora Linn
5 Words: action, drama, suspense, awesome, addictive.

It's official. I'm addicted. And I'm not waiting any longer for the library to transport the next books to my local library. I'm buying the freaking box-set.

I'm in love with Rose and Dimitri. I love the conflict and the attraction and the conflict and the passion and the conflict.

I love the way that the relationships between all of the characters in this book are fluid, constantly changing as circumstances change. It feels so real.

But wow, thi
Sandra
I'm becoming so addicted to this series and I've barely read the first two. Thank goodness I have 4 more books to look forward to!

Poor Rose is all I have to say. She goes through so many difficult and traumatizing events in this book alone. I can only imagine there will be more to follow. I do think she acted incredibly immature and made so many stupid decisions on impulse. But she definitely shows a lot of growth by the end and she is such a bad ass, despite her horrifying experiences. I love
Joyzi
Oct 25, 2010 Joyzi rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Vampire Academy
Recommended to Joyzi by: Dara
I felt like the second installment was better from the first since you kind of drawn to this vampire world and you already know the structures and rules and stuff. Besides unlike the first one, the story is less like Gossip Girl wherein the story for the most part evolves in these gossips between Lissa, Rose and Mia, and well the plot kind of improved in my opinion.

I’m also surprised that this book was also funny and I find myself laughing at some parts especially the part wherein Rose got the
Brenna
“Good God, Men everywhere.”

What a great sequel in the Vampire Academy series! I am so excited that I have four more books in this series to read still! Score! & a spin-off series!? Double score!

Frostbite is very different from the first in the VA series. In this one, it is less about the high school type drama and more about the politics of society, fulfilling your destined roles, and has a more grown up feel to it. Rose is still struggling with her feelings for Dimitri, her need to prote
Cari
***This review contains a few spoilers!!!***

Rating: ★★★★★

Do I Recommend This Series?: Umm, HECK YES!!!!!

My Opinion Of This Book: WOW!AMAZING!!!

_______________________________________________________________

Liked:

-Rose
-Lissa
-Christian
-Dimitri
-Mason
-Adrian
-The Writing
-The Plot/Storyline
-The Ending

Disliked:
-Tasha

Unlike most second-in-series books, that are not as good as the first book, Frostbite is just as fantastic, if not even better than the first book, Vampire Academy!
I went through a roller c
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
Vampire Academy No2

Why had I given this book a 5? It's not a 5 but I won't change it because I like to stick to my original ratings(mostly), so the review will be a bit contradictive to the rating.

Rose is at her worst behavior in this book. She behaves like a brat with her mother. I understand why she feels abandoned by her and let's face it Janine isn't exactly an affectionate mom but instead of acting with a little pride and self-respect, Rose goes all the way to 5 year old brattiness. She is
The Flooze
Frostbite was a huge improvement over the first book of the series. Mead still telegraphs her plot from practically page one (clue-by-fours abound), but this time it didn‘t hinder my enjoyment.

My main gripe with Vampire Academy was Rose. She was immature, impulsive, and reckless. Her bravado and unfounded arrogance irked me to the core. In Frostbite, she’s still immature and foolish at times, but her behaviour is more believable and tolerable. She’s been taken down a peg or two, plus Dimitri’s
Melissa
This book deserves a million stars!!
it was much better than the first one.
But the end... oh my god... I was such a mess after I finished this book!!

Here are a few of my thoughts:
- About Lissa: I don't know what to think about her. Sometimes I realized I really didn't like her. It bothers me that Rose always put her before everything (not about the guardian stuff, but in the friendship part). I was always frustrated when Rose desperately wanted to talk to someone and Lissa had no time or had thi
Lily
I think the main problem I have with the Vampire Academy series is that I'm no longer fascinated by plots with obstacles that--though well-narrated--so conveniently work out every time, as my friend Scarlet put into words very fittingly, and in the process lack depth and graveness. Frostbite, much as its predecessor, was much more a teen book than young-adult book in my opinion, and I feel like I've grown out of these.

From the very start, I was plunged into a narration that was just a tad bit to
Cynthia
May 28, 2013 Cynthia rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya, pnr
Much better than the first book.

The writing is vastly improved and the teen drama wasn't as in your face. Despite the love hexagonal thing going on here, I quite liked the romantic aspect to it. It's been two books and there's no relationship yet. That's a first. Biggest problem with this was the Vampire social order. It doesn't make sense but that can be overlooked for the sake of the story. Looking forward to the next one!
Sasha Alsberg
If I could give this book ten stars, I would.
J.m. Darhower
Frostbite was a lot more intense than Vampire Academy. From the very beginning it started off with that foreboding black-cloud-lingering-above feeling, while still somehow retaining the charm and wit and humor of the first book. I'm totally in awe of the author's ability to maintain that balance.

(view spoiler)
Kristi
The story picks up right were Vampire Academy left us. Rose and Lissa are still at St. Vladimir’s. Lissa and Christian are now together and Rose is still in love with her mentor/tutor, Dimitri. When a massive Strigoi attack halts everyone’s plans to travel home, St. Vladimir sends its students to a posh Idaho ski resort, so families can come together in a safe place.

But there seems to be a lot more drama happening on the slopes than Rose was expecting. Her good friend Mason has a huge crush on h
Bookworm
Giselle
I liked this 2nd installment much better than the first. The story is already established, you know who's who, you know the lore, so none of that introduction gets in the way. The action starts right away so you get to jump right in.

The character development was great, I found Rose grew up a lot in this book, but who wouldn't with what she goes through. I love the chemistry between her and Dimitri. I'm really enjoying some of the other characters as well, especially Adrian who is introduced in
Sara
Santa María madre de Dios, que alguien me regale un Dimitri, porfavor. Ese final! Necesito más! Al principio me costaba creer eso que decía la gente de que cada libro es mejor que el anterior, pero ahora no tengo ninguna duda. OMG!

"Había algo cálido en el hecho de que estuviésemos juntos, algo que encajaba."
Jasmin Herondale
I liked Frostbite. It was definitely a step-up from Vampire Academy. Vampire Academy is more gossip and petty arguments while Frostbite is a little dark and seems to get progressively darker as the story nears the end.

This story takes place in a ski resort. Due to the increase in danger to Moroi the school transfers all the students to the ski resort instead of letting them go on break. This story focuses more on Rose, Adrian and Mason. This book is mainly about who Rose wants to be with and mo
  • Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)
  • Pure (Covenant, #2)
  • The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)
  • Bleeding Hearts (Drake Chronicles, #4)
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • The Coffin Club (Vampire Kisses, #5)
  • Jealousy (Strange Angels, #3)
  • Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy, #2)
  • The Forbidden Game (The Forbidden Game, #1-3)
  • Masquerade (Blue Bloods, #2)

A life-long reader, Richelle has always loved mythology and folklore. When she can actually tear herself away f
More about Richelle Mead...
Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4) Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6)

20 trivia questions
15 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“You can't force love, I realized. It's there or it isn't. If it's not there, you've got to be able to admit it. If it is there, you've got to do whatever it takes to protect the ones you love.” 8515 likes
“what's your name?"
what?" i asked, squinting at the light.
your name." I reconized Dr. Olendzki peering over me.
you know my name."
I want you to tell me."
Rose. Rose Hathaway."
Do you know your birthday?"
Of course I do. Why are you asking me such stupid things? Did you lose my records?"
Dr. Olendzki gave an exasperated sigh and walked off, taking the annoying light with her. "I think she's fine,”
2130 likes