Start by marking “Where's Waldo? the Fantastic Journey: Reissue” as Want to Read:
Where's Waldo? the Fantastic Journey: Reissue

Where's Waldo? the Fantastic Journey: Reissue (Where's Waldo? #3)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  6,501 ratings  ·  57 reviews
Now in paperback for the first time!
The elusive little guy you loved as a kid has ventured into an affordable new format, ready to boggle a new generationl. Now he's easier to carry around -- but just as hard as ever to find!
Published October 6th 1997 by Candlewick Press (MA) (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Where's Waldo? the Fantastic Journey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where's Waldo? the Fantastic Journey

Megarah Mae
Nov 27, 2008 Megarah Mae rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everybody
this is possibly the most mind stimulating book i have ever read! the plot is a little hazy, but the concept is spectacular. anyone who has not read this book is a truly deprived soul and needs to pick up a copy as soon as they can!
Steph Sinclair
I remember looking for Waldo with my mom and dad as a young kid, pouring over the book for hours. Now that I'm older and have my own kids, I can say with full confidence that this is the type of book that never gets old. It's still fun and becomes even more so when introducing it to a younger generation.

The artwork in Where's Waldo? The Fantastic Adventure is still as amazing and complex as I remember. I admire the skill and time that went into crafting every puzzle in the book, hiding the clues
Nick
Jul 09, 2007 Nick rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: the world
Even after all these years, I still find myself looking for the damn shoe on the last page.
Dave
Seriously? You're reading my review of Where's Waldo?
Selma D
Where’s Wally? by Martin Handford
Age's I would use it for: 3+

This is a classic book which can either be thought of as a book without a plot, or one with many. Following the journey of Wally (or Waldo) or the other characters in many different settings.

I think that this is an exceptional book that can be used to encourage children to enjoy books. Although this book lacks a lot of writing I think that it is a great resource to accompany any lesson from ages 3 to 12.I would use it throughout pri
Sarah Sammis
Wally, Waldo, Charlie, Walter, Holger, Valli, Willy, Hetti, and Effy. What do they have in common? They're all the name of a traveler who wears red and white stripes, jeans, glasses and brown shoes. Here in the States we know him as Waldo but he started his journey as Wally in Great Britain. The third book in the series by Martin Handford is The Great Waldo Search (also known as Where's Wally? 3: The Fantastic Journey) and was published in 1989.

The Great Waldo Search requires astute attention t
This series is fun but, for my money, Hillary Knight's Where's Wallace is far superior. There is really no meat to any of the Waldo books and due, to their nature they are not suitable for read-alouds. However, some kids just adore them and I'm all for anything that connects kids with books.
Anna Motteler
I loved these books whenever I was in Elementary school.
It kept me busy and made me use my noggin.

So if you're trying to work and your kids on getting on your nerves, plop them on the couch with one of these. =D
ClassicMaiden
I liked many of the Where's Waldo books as a kid in the early 1990s... In Danish they are called Find Holger.
Kashish
Oh the hours my brother and i invested into this book... it's not even funny. We were all "once we've found him we refuse to find him again" so we'd circle him in pencil out of pure irritation.
Tara Frye
This was such a cool book as a kid. I loved finding Waldo. I loved this book so much I bought a t shirt from forever 21 it's so cute. I just wish they'd make these books again.
Loved looking through Where's Waldo books as a child. I still will glance at them when I get a chance.
Kim
Hidden objects must find Waldo and his friends in eveery book.
Jean
It was more difficult than the others
Somerandom
Over here, we call him Where's Wally?
I think I own the Australian version of this one. Or maybe the one I own is completely different, in which case, this review is totally meaningless!
In any case, what child hasn't tried to find that elusive bugger at some point? The man has officially won the Hide and Seek trophy, because he is an absolute champion. A stimulating mind game for children and adults pretending not to be interested in finding him, alike.
David Ring III
Dec 31, 2013 David Ring III rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Gods and Kings alike
Much like Tolkien's epic, The Lord of the Rings, you read through this 'Fantastic Journey' with the feeling that, if Waldo were allowed to talk, he'd tell tales more epic than the furthest reaches of your imagination.
*Queen Diva*
It took me forever to find Waldo in the sea of Waldos! Haha! This one was a lot easier than the last book. There was only two pages I had a hard time finding one item on.

Onto the next! (Where's Waldo in Hollywood... I'm pretty excited about this one)
Steve
This is the Waldo book that really hooked me. The third in series, Martin Handford really bumped up his work on the themes of each scene shown here. Every scene is extremely creative and a lot of fun to explore. A favourite of mine as a child.
PWRL
Sep 11, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-new
SM
Kaethe
How much do I love these? You can find me sitting in a bookstore of library, unwilling to check out because I'd have to put them down for a few minutes. Surprisingly, the PandaBat didn't really burn out on them.
Rachel
Oh Waldo, you wiley minx! You had me a couple times with your yellow suited impersonator, but I was not fooled in the end.

Always an enjoyable way to kill time waiting at the dentist's office.
Chase
This one was definitely a disappointment. The magic seemed to be running out of Handford's work and I just didn't have the same tingling sense of euphoria when I found that freaky little man.
Elizabeth
...Does this even count as really "reading" a book?
J
So much fun and excellentooooooooo for the kids. So recommendable and worth a family fun night (or 8). Good for kids' observation skills, taken a while but hope we get through it next month.
Sean
Jan 19, 2008 Sean rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: A small child who is good at everything.
Recommended to Sean by: Mrs. O' Brien (Grade school assistant teacher)
This my friends, is the second in the series and it will blow you away with every turn of the page. This makes the first "W.W." (Where's Waldo) look like ancient history. Great time.
angrykitty
by far the best waldo book.....where is he??? there he is!!!! i love all the waldo books, and i can't believe that handford drew all those pictures....too cool...
Erin
Thank goodness I have a four and almost two-year-old to help! : ) This book was delightfully challenging and kept us all engrossed for at least 2 hours!
David Santos
OH I remember "playing" with these books as a kid. Very entertaining looking for Waldo. Doesn't do much for reading, but does wonders for your vision ha
Krista
Illustrated picture book that is participation driver. Children look for pictures of main character. Seems more like a game than literature.
Mandy Groover
I think that students will really enjoy this book and students can work together to find Waldo. It would be a good community builder book.
  • I Spy School Days: A Book of Picture Riddles
  • The Berenstain Bears Visit the Dentist
  • The Magic School Bus Lost in the Solar System (The Magic School Bus, #4)
Martin Handford, the man behind the mind-boggling Waldo books, began his career as a freelance illustrator specializing in drawing crowd scenes. The turning point came when he was asked to create a book showcasing his impressive talent, and the character Waldo was born — originally to provide a link between each scene. "I can’t tell you how pleased I am that Waldo has taken on a life of his own," ...more
More about Martin Handford...

Where's Waldo? (7 books)
  • Where's Waldo?
  • Where's Waldo Now?
  • Where's Waldo? In Hollywood
  • Where's Waldo? the Wonder Book
  • Where's Waldo? The Great Picture Hunt
  • Where's Waldo? The Incredible Paper Chase
Where's Waldo? Where's Waldo Now? Where's Waldo? the Wonder Book Where's Waldo? In Hollywood Where's Waldo? The Great Picture Hunt