Start by marking “Where's Waldo Now?” as Want to Read:
Where's Waldo Now?

Where's Waldo Now? (Where's Waldo? #2)

4.2  ·  Rating Details ·  3,032 Ratings  ·  68 Reviews
In paperback for the first time!

The elusive little guy you loved as a kid has ventured into an affordable new format, ready to boggle a new generationl. Now he's easier to carry around -- but just as hard as ever to find!
Published April 10th 2007 by Candlewick Press (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Where's Waldo Now?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where's Waldo Now?

Steph Sinclair
At this point, I consider myself a Waldo expert. I have found him in almost every adventure, along with his stripe-shirted comrades. No, he's no match for my superior searching skills that have been carefully honed since the ripe age of 7. I have even spotted the fellow in real life.

photo photo_zps2b747cd3.jpg
You may bow to my Waldo Finding Skillz.

This edition is no exception. It has new adventures to keep you up, screaming "Where the is Waldo?!" late into the night. Ahhh, the memories Waldo leaves in his wake. This is t
Jesse Houle
Dec 07, 2008 Jesse Houle rated it really liked it
Where's Waldo inspired me to create horribly non-artistic but extraordinarily detailed and enormously violent full page depictions of different "races" of smiley faces, kamikaze potatoes, poos, and "squarbies" facing off in all-out murderous and explosive warfare. The scenes were always one second after the impact of bullets and mallets, bombs and swords; rather than one second before, as they are in Hanford's children's books, which would certainly go from PG to R only seconds after the freeze- ...more
Maaike
Apr 29, 2015 Maaike rated it really liked it
WE COULD JUST NOT FIND THE FREAKING DOG
Richard Edwards
Dec 25, 2016 Richard Edwards rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
I read this to my grandson for bedtime. Most of the pages you can find a Waldo character quickly.
萧行 Xiaoxing
endless fun with kid!
Matthew Horrocks
I chose to read this book because I like the puzzle factor if it.

this book fits in my bingo as 'a picture book'.

I really enjoyed this book because I love puzzle/ spy books, but, the downside of this book, and the reason that I gave it 3 stars is because it isn't informative at all and there is a only a few paragraphs in the book.

the point of where's Wally is that you have to find Wally and help him find some of his friends. Wally and his friends are hidden throughout different terrains and diffe
Kyle Jorris
Every Where's Waldo book has a different difficulty, and this edition is most certainly one of the hardest. Martin Handford's attention to microscopic detail is incredible. Every nook and cranny tells a completely different story through a picture. Every page is full of different colors and textures of contrasting environments from around the world. The busyness of this book captivates all ages of readers.
David
Dec 31, 2013 David rated it it was amazing
This book was published years ago, so answering the titular question is nearly impossible given the evidence contained within this book's pages. That being said, Waldo's camera shy nature has taken hold of him once again. I'm beginning to think Waldo is, in fact, a spy set loose during the Cold War era hiding in plain sight, as it were. I bet the scrolls you find contain launch codes for nuclear missles, but I can't confirm.
William Merrick
Jul 22, 2013 William Merrick rated it it was amazing
Really? It's Waldo! Where'd he go? There he is!

Memorizing this book makes it less fun - that's something I really like about it. It becomes an exercise in staying young - forget that you know where it is, and have fun searching.

Oh, you could look for all the books, too. I never did find those...
indri juwono
Jan 22, 2010 indri juwono marked it as wishlist  ·  review of another edition
pengeen buku iniiii...

[image error]width="500" height="500" alt="description"/>

[image error]width="500" height="500" alt="description"/>

Miss Ryoko
Sep 25, 2013 Miss Ryoko rated it really liked it
I started this Waldo book and then didn't touch it for a while. Lazy, I know.

This one seemed a lot more challenging. There were four pages where I couldn't find one item. I got to the point where I got so tired of looking for them, I made my boyfriend find them :-p And he did! I don't know how I overlooked them. I must have searched each page 100 times. Oh well. Now it's done.

On to the next.
Amanda
Oct 04, 2010 Amanda rated it liked it
Shelves: kid-s-books
Pretty fun for my puzzle/game loving 4 yr old. He, of course, is most interested in finding Woof, or more accurately, Woof's tail which is the hardest thing to find! It didn't grab his attention more than one night, but I will probably try again sometime. Maybe it'd be worth having one on hand for car rides or waiting room distraction...
Loony Gryphon
Aug 10, 2011 Loony Gryphon rated it really liked it
If your kids don't get carsick while reading, then take one of these books along on a trip. It certainly kept me entertained for most car rides that lasted more than half an hour. Of course, that was when I was a kid.
Thanks to YouTube, I can no longer look at Waldo the same, but it's still fun to flip through the books and see what interesting little scenes I can find hidden on each page.
Holliann
Apr 02, 2008 Holliann rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
Waldo is just a fantastic book of artwork. My kids love it as much as I did when I was a kid. I think we could be the presidents of the fan club! And I have just inspired myself to order more Waldo books!
Anna Motteler
Sep 08, 2008 Anna Motteler rated it it was amazing
I loved these books whenever I was in Elementary school.
It kept me busy and made me use my noggin.

So if you're trying to work and your kids on getting on your nerves, plop them on the couch with one of these. =D
Jun 28, 2011 Laura rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, childhood
Everytime I check this book I have fun doing it. And the most funny part is that some friends of mine didn't hear about this when they were young, I showed them, and they passed an whole hour trying to complete everything.
Bethany W
Sep 11, 2012 Bethany W rated it really liked it
I remember getting Where's Waldo books from book orders in elementary school. They would keep me busy for hours. I would notice all the details on the people surrounding Waldo. These boooks helped me to be observant and notice everything about the pictures.
Chase
Apr 02, 2012 Chase rated it liked it
Surprised to see the second book in the series has a higher rating than the original. I thought it was okay, but a bit of the typical sophomore letdown, a bit like most other popular series (e.g. Hunger Games, Girl with Dragon Tattoo)
Suzanne
Jun 07, 2015 Suzanne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: younger kids (5-10)
Kids love to look for Waldo. Of course, you can't look at this book very often or they remember where he is. Still, they like to look at the elaborate, often humorous, illustrations as much as they like finding Waldo.
Strib
Jun 21, 2007 Strib rated it really liked it
Shelves: ha_ha_ha
I know this doesn't count as a "real" book, but I have to include it b/c a friend (who thought I looked remarkably like Waldo) gave it to me at my high school graduation ceremony, which subsequently pissed off some teacher, who then contacted a police officer to frisk me. Go figure.
Steve
Jan 04, 2013 Steve rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens, series
An improvement on the original Waldo book. The scenes have way more characters and Waldo is harder to find. A lot of fun for kids, once again exploring the scene is more fun than finding Waldo himself. A favourite of mine as a child.
Logan Walker
This is a great book that is fun for all ages. Waldo is a man that travels everywhere and so hard to find. This is a fun and entertaining book that can help pass the time.
Jules Hucke
These books are way darker than I remember them from when I was a kid. So much gory death.

Not complaining. Just noticing.
Oct 23, 2014 Laura rated it it was amazing
Always fun trying to hunt down Waldo! I could never understand why he was called Waldo and not Wally though in the US edition?
Adrian
Jul 07, 2014 Adrian rated it it was amazing
It's hard to believe that I found Waldo pretty easy but it was a enjoyable book can't wait to check out more of these books from the library.
Stephanie
Owned by: Britton
Received as recovery gift from 6th grade class after being hit in the teeth with a baseball bat.
Andrew
Aug 03, 2007 Andrew rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everybody
by far, one of the most spot on commentaries of modern day self awareness. where is waldo....indeed
Jean
May 03, 2014 Jean rated it liked it
Shelves: reads-2014
** 3.5 **
Mmm, un poco difícil encontrar las cosas y a Wally pero por lo menos me divertió un rato
Megan Mccormick
Dec 02, 2014 Megan Mccormick rated it it was ok
Shelves: edrd-314
this book is fun to look over and allows the children to focus and try and find waldo and also is so much fun to do.
Jerry
Aug 23, 2007 Jerry rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
It doesn't get any better than Waldo. How many other books can use the same plot and get away with it for ages? Once you start, you can't put it down.
  • I Spy Fun House: A Book of Picture Riddles
  • In the Time of the Dinosaurs (The Magic School Bus, #6)
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Sitter
  • Hubert's Hair Raising Adventure
Martin Handford, the man behind the mind-boggling Waldo books, began his career as a freelance illustrator specializing in drawing crowd scenes. The turning point came when he was asked to create a book showcasing his impressive talent, and the character Waldo was born — originally to provide a link between each scene. "I can’t tell you how pleased I am that Waldo has taken on a life of his own," ...more
More about Martin Handford...

Where's Waldo? (9 books)