Start by marking “Burn (Bayonet Scars, #5)” as Want to Read:
Burn (Bayonet Scars, #5)

Burn (Bayonet Scars #5)

Tragedy cuts deep. Revenge burns deeper.

The blood of their enemies coats the leather of their cuts and a trail of bodies lie in their wake, but the Forsaken Motorcycle Club isn't done yet. Carlo Mancuso still needs to pay for his sins. Nobody knows that more than Ian Buckley, the Treasurer for Forsaken.

Ian prefers his pleasure mixed with pain and he's only ever at peace wh
ebook, 1st
Published July 23rd 2015 by Left Break Press (first published 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Burn, please sign up.

J.C. Emery Biate,

Biate,

We were looking at a June release, but with so many amazing books releasing, we're still nailing down a date. Probably July. I apologize for the lack of clarity with the release. The best that I can say is that I love Ian and Mindy's story so much and I want it to be told as well as I possibly can and be met with the best reception possible.

Thanks in advance for your understanding,
JC <3(less)
Confess by Colleen HooverNever Never by Colleen HooverBeautiful Redemption by Jamie McGuireNovember 9 by Colleen HooverThoughtful by S.C. Stephens
Most Anticipated Romances of 2015
282nd out of 1,415 books — 6,270 voters
Undying by Madeline SheehanAsa by Jay CrownoverMy Vincent Boys by Abbi GlinesMaking Motions by N.M. SilberSinners Rock the Cradle by Olivia Cunning
When is the Next One!?!
85th out of 431 books — 1,440 voters

More lists with this book...

Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews

4.5 Rough & Raw yet profound and beautiful Stars!!

Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Author & Inkslinger Promotions

Burn is part of a series and it definitely needs to be read as a series to get the whole story as it is an intrinsic layered web of information that would be missed if read only as a standalone.

It feels like forever that I have been waiting for this book, to find out how Mindy handles the aftermath of one of the most horrific nights.

~ Everything in me hurts, both
Elfina Renee
Jul 29, 2015 Elfina Renee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wow just wow, blown away by an incredible read. Fell heads over heels with Ian & Mindy theirs is a story to remember. I loved how the author showed them broken, neither one fell for the other to quickly, their relationship was a steady build, one they had to work for. And there was so much beauty in it! Excellent story and one hell of a good read, recommended to all MC lovers!
Rhea Dsouza
Jul 25, 2015 Rhea Dsouza rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
As far as love stories go, Burn was fucking amazing. The Ian-Mindy pair may have just obliterated every other Bayonet Scars couple to win the Best Couple Ever title. And all because these two were just perfect together.

Every book in the Bayonet Scars series has eluded to Ian being dark. Dangerous. Unstable. And obviously, in true J.C. Emery fashion, it’s done so in a way to keep Ian in the reader’s mind as the guy who is obviously more menacing than the rest of the club. Then Rev happened, espec
Vera Quinn
What a read!!!

Mindy Mercer's life was shattered one horrific night. This is not the first tragedy in her life but it may be the one that breaks her and she may not come back from. She deals with life one hour at a time. She questions everyone around her and every decision she makes. Everyone wants to help her but she only wants one persons help, Ian. She only hangs on for him.
Ian Buckley is the treasurer for the Forsaken Motorcycle Club. He was raised in the mc life after his ma married the clu
Lisa Cullinan
May 15, 2016 Lisa Cullinan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mc-read
The best one of the series!

We all knew that Ian and Mindy's story was gonna be the darker one of the series. The horror that Mindy suffered was hard to take and truly broke her. Ian was the one who brought her back to life even though he was just as damaged. He was her lifeline; the one to grab her out of her own deep, dark mind. Mixing pleasure with pain, the two used a bit of kink to give each other what they may have needed. Little by little, whether they realized it or not, Ian and Mindy wou
Lustful Literature
Jul 24, 2015 Lustful Literature rated it it was amazing
**JOSIE'S REVIEW**

Please make sure you read all the Bayonet Scars books prior to this review, it might have some spoilers and you will want to have Mindy’s back story.

I loved this book! Hands down Burn is the best one to date. If you have kept up with this series you know then you know that this story will be a very powerful, dark, and intense read. The story and characters will grip at your heart and have you completely engulfed with in the story. I am a huge fan of this author and I have read
Caro Richard
Jul 18, 2015 Caro Richard rated it it was amazing
I love Ryan but Ian’s was the story I wanted the most! I want to be in a Ryan and Ian sandwich – the cheese to their pickle!

This book starts 14 months to the Mancusso downfall….so close now! I love this countdown, builds the anticipation…its going to be explosive!

Mindy has been through 1 hell of an ordeal and is totally broken. Ian, we know, is also a bit broken too…we think we know why…but there is more. (BTW his sinister smiles make my undies want to fall off!!) It seems that this emotionally
R
I was and still am I fan of Ian. However, I'm waiting for the next next phase of the book.
The count down needs to end and I need more drama.
Also after crush what was the white van tat baby boy got. I've read all books now and can't figure it out?
Cocktails and Books
This review was originally posted on Cocktails and Books

If there was one brother that has been a mystery, it's Ian. I was excited that he was finally getting a book, because I wanted to find out just how he felt about all the things that have gone down with the club since the Mancuso mess. Ian's family has been rocked to it's core, but Mancuso definitely left his mark on Ian.

BURN starts 14 months prior to Mancuso's fall, where we discover Ian has been trying to help a very broken Mindy try to m
Lita
Jul 21, 2015 Lita rated it really liked it
The crime was intense, the intimacy was even more so.

This story did not play out like how I expected it to. It's on a whole other level.

The tortured soul sob story is not what this is. This is more of a tortured soul comeback.

Hitting real issues fiercely and accepting that these things do happen, to anybody, and not letting the bad and evil things effect life negatively.

The story is of Ian and Mindy, two people with their own problems, issues, darkness or whatever you want to call it. Some of th
Marie- Naughty Moms' Story Time
I just knew I was going to love Ian's story. There was always a mystery about him because of his constant brooding and his silent demeanor. I think his and Mindy's story is my favorite, so far. The inner battles with their darkness and devotion for each other made for a great romance as well as a story of strength after overcoming a traumatic event.

We met Mindy, briefly, in Holly and Grady's story in Rev, book 4 in the Bayonet Scars series. Poor Mindy was in a situation where she was in the wro
Desirae (Dee)
Jul 17, 2015 Desirae (Dee) rated it it was amazing
I kept turning the page. Like no way could the epilogue be over. No way Jc won't give us more, right? There was something so dark and irresistible about Ian, that I just wanted more. I couldn't get enough. And Melinda, I mean, her struggles, her strength, her ability to overcome it all. You know that each Forsaken man has to have a strong woman. They just have to. You never realize how strong of a woman Ian needs until you hear what he went through. Until Melinda stands beside him.

"My father ca
Keeana Bookalicious Babes Blog
Wow, Burn was raw, suspensful, riverting,captivating,intense,intriguing, and I couldn't get enough of this story two broken soul and thier need for eachother!

This book had me feeling so many emotions, I read this all in one setting the raw,emotions that you feel reading this story it will take you on A rollercoaster of emotions, thiers is just something about JC, writing her words just touch you they are strong and powerful and it sucks you in. I didn't want this story to end.

My heart, really b
Lea's Book Blog
Jul 24, 2015 Lea's Book Blog rated it really liked it
I enjoy the Forsaken series, and Burn was no different. We met Mindy earlier throughout the series, and she suffered something no one should have to. She is struggling, and Ian seems to be the only one who can help her. Ian is the ultimate bad boy who has gone through his own shared of troubles, and he is there to pick up the pieces for Mindy. It was amazing to see the way this strong man protected her despite all objections, including Mindy’s own, and there ride was one of a kind. I sincerely ...more
Kirke
Jul 28, 2015 Kirke rated it really liked it
Shelves: review, mc

There are no words for what Mindy went through, and the thought alone makes me nauseous. I’m not even going to pretend to know what it’s like, only that I can barely comprehend what it must take to overcome that. Just the strength that is needed to get through every day is admirable.

Though she draws a lot of that strength from Ian. I wouldn’t necessarily call him a saviour, but he’s one of the few people Mindy fully trusts. He’s certainly no angel, on the contrary, though that darker si
Arlene Mcintosh
Dec 16, 2015 Arlene Mcintosh rated it it was amazing
I felt like I had been waiting for years to read this book - I wanted Mindy and Ian's story so bad and it was everything I wanted it be. My heart broke for Mindy when her assault happened and I just thought how is she going to move on from this. I loved that J.C Emery did not make light of what happened and really showed the effects of what this did to her - this couple were made for each other - they both had a darkness in them that totally connected them to each other.

Tell me who I belong to M
Heather andrews
Jul 13, 2015 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
I liked seeing the caring side of Ian, “IT’S OKAY, YOU’RE okay.” My words are meant to reassure her, but I’m doing a ***t job of it. It doesn’t feel okay and with the way she’s sobbing in my arms right now, she doesn’t feel like she’s going to be okay, either." There are times Ian will move Heaven and Earth to get his girl what she wants, “won’t be getting a puppy. Our dogs come fully trained and old enough to stay focused on the job at hand. But yeah, my girl likes dogs, we’ll get her a dog.” I ...more
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Fans have waited for Ian's story and it doesn't disappoint. This story picks up in the past and moves towards the present as two damaged people help each other deal with the darkness inside of them. POV alternates and a lot of time in spent in each of their heads. Headway is made towards the arc while some subplots are resolved. The "romance" is more subdued then the last couple of books but given the subject matter, it's to be expected.
Sessie Jackson
OMG! Ian and Mindy

JC what can I say!? I've always loved Ian since I read the first book but, this book just sealed that love even more. Ian and Mindy deserve all the happiness in the world after all the hate they have been dealt! I can't wait for the next one!!
Hala
Jul 24, 2015 Hala rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AMIG AMAZING AMAZING
Samara
Jul 24, 2015 Samara rated it it was amazing
So good!! Can't wait for the next book!! I need my Forsaken.
Mignon Mykel
Jul 26, 2015 Mignon Mykel rated it it was amazing
Received a copy of the title in exchange for an honest review; original tour content with excerpt/teasers can be found at:
mignon mykel : review || BURN

First: I think the cover for BURN may just be my favorite... Not sure why, I just really like it.

Second: I've loved Ian from the moment we met him. So getting his story? I was so ecstatic. This was, hands down, my favorite BAYONET SCARS story.

In BURN, we get to watch Mindy fight for herself. She's been sober of drugs and alcohol for 4-plus year
Melissa Mendoza
Jul 14, 2015 Melissa Mendoza rated it it was amazing
Received a copy in exchange for an honest review

“The pain in my chest gets so bad that it feels like my bike got dropped on my f@cking ribs. I didn’t know it could hurt this bad, had no f@cking clue how painful it is to realize how much you love someone knowing you’re not good for them.”

5 huge stars!! This was such a great book in the series!! I loved this series before this book and I love it even more now!!!

Tragedy cuts deep. Revenge burns deeper.

The blood of their enemies coats the leather of
Renee W. Tyler,  Battery Operated Book Blog
If you love MC Romances as much as I do, then this book will not disappoint. JC Emory does an amazing job of keeping us wrapped up in the story of Mindy and Ian. The even better thing about this book, is even though it is the fifth book in the series, and I must admit, that I ashamedly have not read the first four, I was able to jump in and keep up with the characters and what was happening. Now, with my dirty secret out there, I am getting ready to read the first four books.

So, here is a tid bi
Gemma
Jul 24, 2015 Gemma rated it it was amazing
Check out more of my reviews on my blog http://gemmareadstoomuch.co.uk

Burn is book #5 in the Bayonet Scars series, I was lucky enough to be gifted an ARC of this book to read for Gemma Reads Too Much.

This book is not a standalone, it won’t make sense if you haven’t read the rest of the series’ first. But the series is great so go oneclick the first four books and have a biker fest lol.

I have enjoyed all books in this series but Burn is by far the best!!!

Ian and Mindy’s story is darker and gritti
Wednesday Stanley
Jul 25, 2015 Wednesday Stanley rated it really liked it
I will admit I only found the Bayonet Scars series a few months ago. Probably closer to the beginning of this year. I read the whole boxed set probably in 2 whole days. I will say this before I start my review. This is probably one of the darker, gitter series in any genre that I have read. I will say that Burn doesn't disappoint in the dark and gritty in this series. I will say this, this book is not really a standalone book. I think if you try and read it as a standalone you might be confused ...more
Tina Harris
Oct 18, 2015 Tina Harris rated it really liked it

We finally get to see more of the mysterious and dark brother Ian. He has issues. One that would make any normal girl run and never looks back. He deserves to be happy but he tries to protect the one girl who has taken up inside of his heart by keeping her just far enough in reach. But never giving more until she decides to make it her mission to prove that Ian is hers just as much as she is his.

Mindy is alive. She has survived a nightmare only to have to chance the bad dreams away duri
Mandy Combs
Jul 24, 2015 Mandy Combs rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this entire series. Burn is no exception! It was wonderful. My only complaint is that it wasn't longer. LOL. I could read about Ian and Mindy forever! Sigh. I tried to read a small portion at at time, but I've never been a patient woman. I found myself up half the night just reading "one more chapter" until there were no more to read. jC has done such a great job developing the characters in the Bayonet Scars series that I feel like they are part of my family. I'm experiencing separation ...more
judy skinner
I hated this book

I don't get all the 5 star reviews must be friends of jc. I have read all of this series and liked it. I hate what the author did to ian he and make mindy are monsters. if this were real instead of a book I have no doubt someone like ian would murder mindy in a heartbeat and never regret it. I have read alot of biker books and alot of violence but in my eyes she ruined the whole club with this one I won't be reading anymore. its not just the unnecessary violence, the book was ve
  • Salvation (Defiance, #3)
  • Shoot The Moon (Scorpio Stinger MC, #6)
  • Wolf (Evil Dead MC, #4)
  • Death Row
  • Riding Dirty (Dirty Eleven #1)
  • Club Ties (Trinity Falls, #2)
  • Innocent Ride (The Hellions Ride, #5)
  • Center of Gravity (Marauders, #3)
  • Undeserving (Undeniable, #5)
  • Blood & Rust (Lock & Key, #4)
  • Leave a Trail (Signal Bend, #7)
  • Chasing Claire (Hells Saints Motorcycle Club, #2)
  • The Enforcer (Untamed Hearts, #3)
  • Rough Patch (Heaven Hill, #6.5)
  • Discovering Me (Breakneck, #4)
  • Command (Storm MC, #6)
  • Craving Resurrection (The Aces, #4)
  • Point of Surrender (Nordic Lords MC, #4)
As a child, JC was fascinated by things that went bump in the night. As they say, some things never change. Now, as an adult, she divides her time between the sexy law men, mythical creatures, bad-ass bikers, and kick-ass heroines that live inside her head and her Netflix addiction. JC is a San Francisco Bay Area native, but has also called both Texas and Louisiana home. These days she rocks her ...more
More about J.C. Emery...

Bayonet Scars (8 books)
  • Ride (Bayonet Scars, #1)
  • Thrash (Bayonet Scars, #2)
  • Rev (Bayonet Scars, #3)
  • Crush (Bayonet Scars, #4)
  • Vow (Bayonet Scars, #4.5)
  • Crave (Bayonet Scars, #5.5)
  • Haunt (Bayonet Scars, No. 6)