dot.bomb: My Days and Nights at an Internet Goliath

dot.bomb: My Days and Nights at an Internet Goliath

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Anyone who stumbled through the Web's earliest days--as either a starry-eyed entrepreneur, investor, or employee--will find plenty to recognize in J. David Kuo's insightful and entertaining dot.bomb. Wrapped in the tale of Value America, Craig Winn's wildly unsuccessful bid to hop aboard the Internet revolution in 1997 and totally remake retailing, the book paints a clear...more
Published November 1st 2005 by Little, Brown (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about dot.bomb, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about dot.bomb

Travis Kirk
Facinating book. It read like the Enron story in terms of the dilusional nature of those at the top. The failed leader/founder syndrome, in the world of dollars and cents, has an unmerciful way of destroying the founder. This book takes you on a journey beginning with the blind hysteria of becoming rich, followed by the brutal tumble back down to reality. Picture an individual coming down from crack.

By the way, I am going to try to withhold giving five stars to every book that I like a lot. I f...more
Bjorn Hardarson
Found it in an old bookstore, even though old is only related to the INTERNET fast change these days. Interesting to read book about a company that got lots of cash without great plan and even more interesting to see that the he power game of company is more important than those that control, but still people seems often focus more on their own power than prospect the of the company they created even if it ruined it
Jo
I love accounts of people who are deluding themselves and this is a perfect example. Really recreates the atmosphere of the doomed turn-of-the-century dot.com boom. My only problem with it is the constant mention of the author's height and ethnicity.
Mark Anthony Kasperowicz
Aug 12, 2007 Mark Anthony Kasperowicz rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: internerds
remember the internet bubble? i made like $90 in PALM stock. then i lost it. then this book came out telling me how people made and lost a lot more than $90. i still want to start an internet company.
Amanda
Amanda added it
Jun 29, 2014
Istvan Nagy
Istvan Nagy marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Andrzej Swedrzynski
Andrzej Swedrzynski marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Marc
Marc added it
May 12, 2014
Jumpyjenny
Jumpyjenny marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Wojciech Langiewicz
Wojciech Langiewicz marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Abbas Suterwala
Abbas Suterwala marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Omed Habib
Omed Habib marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2014
Charlie Jaeger
Charlie Jaeger marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Bianca Gibson
Bianca Gibson marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2013
Magali
Magali marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2013
Matt McCormick
Matt McCormick marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Tempting Faith: An Inside Story of Political Seduction dot.bomb: My Days and Nights at an Internet Goliath