Start by marking “Summer Heat” as Want to Read:

Summer Heat

After a car accident which left him scarred and his best friend dead, Mitch Spencer retreats to his family’s vacation home to heal. He has no idea the turn his life is about to take when there’s a knock at the door.
Kade Lewis is good at one thing, and one thing only, theft. The Spencer house was supposed to be empty so now he needs to rethink his game plan. After years of
Published 2012

To ask other readers questions about Summer Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer Heat

Ami
Sep 03, 2012 Ami rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Ami by: Vio
2.8 stars (rounded up)

An okay story about a scarred man who stays at his parent's house for solitude and a likeable thief whose first intention is to rob the house but find himself attracted to the man instead (This line sounds so much like Chris's way of reviewing *lol*).

The flashback that happens in the middle -- Kade (the thief) remembers his past while he's taking the shower -- is a bit distracting. I must also reduce point for the "oh-too-commonly-found-in-so-many-mm-romances" scene of jer
Vio
3.5 stars.
Kade a professional thief unexpectedly meets his match when he is stranded in a violent thunderstorm and stumbles upon Mitch, who wasn't meant to be home. All sorts of complications threaten to get in the way of Kade stealing the jewels, especially his attraction for Mitch who is still fragile and recovering from an accident. Likable MC's and a sweet romantic ending which was nicely done.
Macky
Jan 27, 2013 Macky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kade Lewis is on his way to break into a house that is to be his last job before he gets out of thieving for good. Unfortunately when he gets there he notices a light in a window. Also a storm has begun that is worsening causing his car to break down, so giving him the perfect excuse to gain entry he takes a chance and knocks on the door.

Mitch Spencer is hiding away from the world in his parents house whilst they are away because of an accident that has left him scarred both physically and emoti
Becky Condit
Sep 22, 2012 Becky Condit rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The characters are well developed, especially given that Ms Worrell had so few pages to get the job done. Is 69 pages a long short story or a short novella? Either way, she gave us two main characters who are interesting and likeable. The secondary characters are all off-page, never really seen, except for one who shows up briefly in the middle and one who shows up even more briefly at the end. They are nevertheless, a great supporting cast.
Please see my complete review on Oct 4, 2012 at http:/
Bev
Would have loved this story of Mitch and Kade to have been longer, but at least it had a happy ending, and was perfect holiday reading.
Gabbi
4.25 Kisses

Falling just under seventy pages, Summer Heat was full of likeable heroes, an interesting plot and plenty of romance to satisfy even the pickiest of readers. I thought Ms. Worrall’s descriptive writing style flowed smoothly throughout the novel and I was quickly hooked on the lives of her characters and watching two men from very different walks of life, find a way to meet in the middle and be together.

Kade is a thief…and a very good one at that. He’s just stolen all of the valuables
Julie Ramsey
Feb 22, 2013 Julie Ramsey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: done
Summer Heat
Kade had a bad start in live. Abused, neglected and on his own at age 13, he learned a lot about survival very quickly. When Kade was being rousted out of his hiding place behind a dumpster one night by a very nasty vagrant, Gustav rescued him, took him home and raised him as his own son.
After Kade graduated from school, Gustav gave him his first set of lock picks, and Kade found out how Gustav "earned" his living. Gustav taught Kade everything he knew about being a professional thief
Sue
Sep 03, 2012 Sue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I love it when I have a small amount of time to sit down and read a short and complete story. Summer Heat has an interesting plot, great MCs and enough hotness to keep me entertained through to the end. I highly recommend this read if you are after a story to take you away for a few hours.
Lauren
3.5 stars - A nice little read. I had some time off of work today, and this story was just right for something to entertain myself with for a couple of hours with a cup of tea :) It's not particularly heavy going and there are no real surprises, but sometimes that's exactly what I'm looking for.
Carey
Sep 24, 2012 Carey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet story, easy, short read...although the story is set in the US it was very obvious that the author was from the UK ( in the US if you are a passenger in a car and hit the side glass you would be injured on the RIGhT side of your face, not the left :) ) Hot sex, too ;)
Joanne
Sep 02, 2012 Joanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this. An impulse buy for me as i saw the blurb on the authors blog. I read it one sitting I just didn`t want to put it down, and the ending was perfect. ...more
melek
Mar 04, 2014 melek rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lisa-worrall
It was only going to be a in and out job what kade thought it then he didn't expect Mitch to be home.
Aniko
Jun 12, 2013 Aniko rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ibooks
4 to 4.25 stars
JLS
May 01, 2014 JLS rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars
Kaśka
Kaśka rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2012
Kestrel
Kestrel rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2015
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2012
Valerie ~Varuca~
Valerie ~Varuca~ rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2013
Lisiczka
Lisiczka rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2012
Claudia
Claudia rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2013
Cam
Cam rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2013
OkayKim
OkayKim rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2013
Klaudia
Klaudia rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2012
Jennie
Jennie rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2015
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2012
Maggie
Maggie rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2012
Sam
Sam rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2012
Mandi
Mandi rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2012
Anvesha
Anvesha rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2012
Ashley Cox
Ashley Cox rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
I live in Leigh on Sea, a small seaside town just outside London on the coast of Essex, about ten minutes from Southend, which boasts the longest pier in the world. I live with my partner and two ever-growing children, who I let think are the boss of me; along with a dog who actually is.

As the wonderful Beatrix Potter said, “There is something delicious about writing the first words of a new stor
More about Lisa Worrall...