Start by marking “The Pocket Dangerous Book for Boys: Things to Do” as Want to Read:
The Pocket Dangerous Book for Boys: Things to Do

The Pocket Dangerous Book for Boys: Things to Do (The Pocket Dangerous Book for Boys)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  174 ratings  ·  11 reviews
A pocket-sized book of wisdom based on the bestselling phenomenon, The Dangerous Book for Boys, this portable edition includes some favorite activities from the original book, along with some even more dangerous new ones! With everything from how to win at poker, to how to make a paper hat, from skipping stones to writing a note in secret ink, the Pocket Book of things to...more
Published May 6th 2008 by William Morrow (first published June 4th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Pocket Dangerous Book for Boys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pocket Dangerous Book for Boys

1 David H
Dear Mrs.Myers
I loved the book! Their is so many choices to choose from,I didn't know what to do first.So I settled on learning knots.It is very help full,Especially in Boy Scouts or while hunting. but while their is things I have done their is things I haven't done but would love to.Such as making candles and making a quill pen.I want to do the candles because it sounds fun and is also an easy Christmas present.I would like to do the quill pen because it would be awesome!
Samuel kibret
My favorite story in the book Dangerous book for boys is the chapter (the laws of football). because it was very detailed and accurate on the length and width of the soccer pitch and the size on a soccer ball and the amount of players on each team.

i would recommend this book to others because it explains a lot of these that people know and need to know for instense kings and queens of England, the British empire, spies-codes and ciphers, the laws of football and optical illusions.
Steve
This book would be good for all boys to read. It is one of those books that will stimulate thought and interest in a wide variety of things. If a boy (or a man for that matter) was to read and gain knowledge in the various areas of interest in this book they would truly be well rounded individuals: real renaissance men.
Toni
Buy the pocket guide but then order the large copy for home. Not just for boys, this book is choc full of great information that every single boy should know. My son never gets bored with it. He even reaches for it for answers when working on school projects-

I wish they had this when I was a kid.
Eric
May 18, 2008 Eric rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People with kids.
Shelves: trivia-etc
An interesting little book although most of the "Things to Do" are not things to do on a frequent basis and some not at all. It taught some quick and easy fun little games to play and how to build a treehouse, but to me, the rest seemed not interesting or important.
Andreoletti Ryan
I thought the information in this story was very interesting and i will have to keep it if I ever go into the army because it had tons of military references. It had tons of songs sung be people of the war.
Nicolas Walker
Great miniature version of the bigger "brother" The Dangerous Book for boys. This compiles small chapters on great ting to do as well as First Aid and other things. Excellent.
Cute fun book for boys of all ages! I thought it had some great stuff in it to keep those "I have nothing to do" away.
William Cameron
Well I didn't do the tree house but otherwise very useful
Sam
Sep 03, 2011 Sam added it
I loved it!!! Plenty of things to do over the summer :)
Sky
This was actually very useful...
Anton Villaluz
Anton Villaluz marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Anton Villaluz
Anton Villaluz marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Nathan Tafolla
Nathan Tafolla marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Whale Barn
Whale Barn marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
David Kuhn
David Kuhn marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Richard
Richard marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Richard Teeuwen
Richard Teeuwen marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Tina Cousins
Tina Cousins marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Oz
Oz marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Gabe
Gabe marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Nafil Malik
Nafil Malik marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Cameron
Cameron marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Joyce Vanamerongen
Joyce Vanamerongen marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Guernsey Zoo
Guernsey Zoo marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Maycon
Maycon marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
119121
I was born in the normal way in 1971, and vaguely remember half-pennies and sixpences. I have written for as long as I can remember: poetry, short stories and novels. It’s what I always wanted to do and read English at London University with writing in mind. I taught English for seven years and was Head of English at St. Gregory’s RC High School in London by the end of that period. I have enormous...more
More about Conn Iggulden...
Genghis: Birth of an Empire (Conqueror, #1) The Gates of Rome (Emperor, #1) Bones of the Hills (Conqueror, #3) Genghis: Lords of the Bow (Conqueror, #2) The Death of Kings (Emperor, #2)