Start by marking “Little Squeegy Bug, The” as Want to Read:
Little Squeegy Bug, The

Little Squeegy Bug, The

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Once upon a time there was a little squeegy bug. No one knew where he came from. He wasn’t an ant. He wasn’t a cricket. And he certainly wasn’t a flea. What was he? Follow along with lovable bug that tries to discover his true identity.
Published September 1st 2005 by Two Lions (first published 1945)

To ask other readers questions about Little Squeegy Bug, The, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Squeegy Bug, The

Edward Creter
This is a classic translated for new readers young and old. A little bug has a light in his butt but feels left out, and it takes his bug friends to put the spotlight on a new subject old as tomorrow's sunrise: that we all have our own light to shine. That is how I see it, so see what you think!
Laura-Lynne Smith
I enjoyed this story of the little bug who wasn't sure what kind of bug he was. The bumblebee only told him how to be a bumble debut the spider helped him to become a great bug of his own. The illustrations are beautiful and the story is lovely!
Karen Dransfield
A lovely story about becoming something new and special. A little squeegy bug meets a bee and wants wings like a bee does. So goes on a hunt to find wings. And along the way makes some friends.

Lovely story and delightful illustrations.
I read this to my daughter at the library last week and she really enjoyed it. Its all about the poor little squeegy bug who doesn't feel special and doesn't seem to know what kind of bug it is or should be. He meets the bee and thinks he should be like him and then meets the spider who then gives him a gift and in doing so he finds out what a special little bug he really is!
The poor Little Squeegy bug doesn't feel that he is special and doesn't know what he is (not an ant, not a bee)...until he meets the wise spider and receives a gift.

The story is great, and the illustrations are just cool (even for the adults). A great bedtime story that my daughter is now asking for again and again.
My almost 2-year-old loved this book today. She loved the pictures and held still for the story very well. It's about a bug who wants to be a bumblebee because he think that's a cool bug. It turns out to be a fable of how the firefly came to exist. Cute illustrations too.
Scott Foster
Very cute book. I enjoyed reading it to my daughter. Beautiful illustrations go well with this tale about figuring out who you are.
A wingless little bug with no name wants to be a bumblebee and begins to search for a pair of wings.
Nov 15, 2008 Lara's marked it as read-waiting-review
Synopsis :
Review :
Critical Reviews :
A clever story about how the firefly just may have come to be.
the origins of the firefly or lightening bug as we call them.
Sweet story-great lesson.
Kaycie added it
Jun 15, 2015
Bethany marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Karen added it
Jan 30, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Kenya J. Mitchell
Kenya J. Mitchell marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Lisa added it
Jun 23, 2014
Makenna Robinson
Makenna Robinson marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Elisia marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Bill Martin, Jr. (1916-2004) was an elementary-school principal, teacher, writer, and poet. His more than 300 books, among them the bestselling classics Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See; Polar Bear Polar Bear What Do You Hear; Panda Bear Panda Bear What Do You See; and Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, are a testament to his ability to speak directly to children. Martin held a doctoral degree in early ...more
More about Bill Martin Jr....
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear? Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What Do You See? Chicka Chicka ABC