Little Squeegy Bug

Little Squeegy Bug

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  9 reviews

Once upon a time there was a little squeegy bug. No one knew where he came from. He wasn’t an ant. He wasn’t a cricket. And he certainly wasn’t a flea. What was he? Follow along with lovable bug that tries to discover his true identity.

Published September 1st 2005 by Two Lions (first published 1945)

Sandie
I read this to my daughter at the library last week and she really enjoyed it. Its all about the poor little squeegy bug who doesn't feel special and doesn't seem to know what kind of bug it is or should be. He meets the bee and thinks he should be like him and then meets the spider who then gives him a gift and in doing so he finds out what a special little bug he really is!
Coral
The poor Little Squeegy bug doesn't feel that he is special and doesn't know what he is (not an ant, not a bee)...until he meets the wise spider and receives a gift.

The story is great, and the illustrations are just cool (even for the adults). A great bedtime story that my daughter is now asking for again and again.
Nicole
My almost 2-year-old loved this book today. She loved the pictures and held still for the story very well. It's about a bug who wants to be a bumblebee because he think that's a cool bug. It turns out to be a fable of how the firefly came to exist. Cute illustrations too.
Scott Foster
Very cute book. I enjoyed reading it to my daughter. Beautiful illustrations go well with this tale about figuring out who you are.
Paula
A wingless little bug with no name wants to be a bumblebee and begins to search for a pair of wings.
Lara's
Nov 15, 2008 Lara's marked it as read-waiting-review
Synopsis :
Review :
Critical Reviews :
Melanie
A clever story about how the firefly just may have come to be.
the Reeds
the origins of the firefly or lightening bug as we call them.
Page
Sweet story-great lesson.
Kari
Kari added it
Apr 02, 2014
Makenna Robinson
Makenna Robinson marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Elisia
Elisia marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2013
Lacie
Lacie added it
Oct 23, 2013
Yvonne
Yvonne added it
Aug 09, 2013
Olivia
Olivia is currently reading it
Jun 22, 2013
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
May 26, 2013
Wilson
Wilson marked it as to-read
May 12, 2013
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2013
Anna
Anna added it
Apr 08, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Bill Martin, Jr. (1916-2004) was an elementary-school principal, teacher, writer, and poet. His more than 300 books, among them the bestselling classics Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See; Polar Bear Polar Bear What Do You Hear; Panda Bear Panda Bear What Do You See; and Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, are a testament to his ability to speak directly to children. Martin held a doctoral degree in early...more
More about Bill Martin Jr....
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear? Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What Do You See? Chicka Chicka ABC