Start by marking “My Chinese Wife” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
My Chinese Wife

Karl Eskelund

My Chinese Wife

A Danish writer tells of the problems involved in his marrying the Chinese girl he loves, of years of separation, the birth of their baby with the background of the war. Autobiographical.
Hardcover, First Edition, 247 pages
Published 1945 by Doubleday, Doran & Company, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about My Chinese Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Chinese Wife

Bre Teshendorf
Aug 12, 2014 Bre Teshendorf rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: History lovers, travelers, culture lover, adventurers
This book was fascinating, humorous and at times, staggering. It was a quick easy read. I really enjoyed it, however, having finished it, would conclude that the title is misleading. I expected much more emphasis on the author's Chinese wife... Wouldn't you? Rather, the book was about the authors horrowing adventures during the 2nd World War... with and without his wife.

Spoiler:
The last line of the book says something to the effect of, "If we raise our daughter, how we want to, she will be 100
Katie
Apr 07, 2016 Katie rated it really liked it
My husband bought this book for me to read, since I am his Chinese wife. The book was enjoyable and did not read like it was written 70 years ago. The book focused less on his marriage and more on his travels as a journalist and the war going on. There were many graphic depictions of war and how civilians are affected by it, which I wasn't expecting. The prejudices against interracial marriage was also touched upon. Overall, it was very enlightening.
Ana Thomsen
Aug 14, 2015 Ana Thomsen rated it it was amazing
En virkelig facinerende historie om hvordan K. Eskelund mødte sin kone i Kina, og om hvordan de rejser rundt i hele verden i en krigstid. Hans skrivestil er let tilgængelig og utrolig fængende. Han har skrevet rejseberetninger fra næsten hele verden, så grib en bog om et sted du finder interesant og bliv betaget af K. Eskelunds spændende beretninger
Tatjana
Tatjana rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2016
xGvJx
xGvJx marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Robert Rosenberg
Robert Rosenberg marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016