Start by marking “Better Together: What On Earth Are We Here For?” as Want to Read:
Better Together: What On Earth Are We Here For?

Better Together: What On Earth Are We Here For?

3.85  ·  Rating Details  ·  193 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
40 Days of community workboook
Published 2004 by Purpose Driven

To ask other readers questions about Better Together, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Better Together

Ariel
Jun 24, 2012 Ariel rated it liked it
This book was hard for me to read by myself. It was definitely geared more towards a small group setting! Unfortunately, since I found it at my local Goodwill, no one else I know owns copy. However, I still liked this book! It really opened my eyes as to how I interact with others and how we can all work together to make our outside interactions even better. Great book for a small bible study!
Ashley Reynolds
Jul 27, 2008 Ashley Reynolds rated it it was amazing
A small group I was in at Broadway Methodist used this book and it was wonderful. It drives home the importance of community, of coming together for worthwhile causes. This book encouraged them to help me feed 300+ WKU students for St. Jude Children Hospital event. Consider reading it with your family or with a group of friends.
Rebecca
Sep 01, 2010 Rebecca rated it liked it
This book taught me that life is all about loving others, extending to them the love God has shown us and giving that love away to others. That we were built for relationships and that people are God's biggest tool for sharpening us to be more like Him. Very easy read and oh so practical to apply to life.
Debbie Younkin
Apr 17, 2016 Debbie Younkin rated it really liked it
Good book for a small group of believers. We went through this with out international group, and it generated much discussion. The chapters on worship were not as well done as the others, verses taken out of context, but we could still gleam from reading it.
Cat
Apr 23, 2007 Cat rated it liked it
I read this as part of a church wide bible study. I liked the book but could have done without the videos. There was little interaction and discussion with other church members due to lack of time. Kinda weird for a book that is suppossed to build community.
Abbie Tillotson
Apr 25, 2016 Abbie Tillotson rated it it was amazing
This book is such an amazing book. It has journal pages so you can write what you think about each chapter!
Anne
Jun 11, 2013 Anne rated it it was amazing
I read this as an individual but it has inspired me to want to go further into creating a study group
Steve
Nov 13, 2012 Steve rated it liked it

Pretty light reading but filled with some simple and thought provoking truths.
Skylar Burris
Mar 13, 2015 Skylar Burris rated it did not like it
I feel like I'm being treated as a first grader when I (try to) read this book.
Peris
Oct 18, 2012 Peris rated it liked it
Not ideal for solo reading.
Don Anderson
Don Anderson rated it liked it
May 25, 2016
Irene
Irene added it
May 18, 2016
Carla Delia
Carla Delia marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Grace Cherian
Grace Cherian marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Ben
Ben marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Sarah Romano
Sarah Romano marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Joe Onosai
Joe Onosai marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Emman Gaylawan
Emman Gaylawan rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2016
Vichhay Bo
Vichhay Bo rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2016
Heather Auville
Heather Auville marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2016
Ramona
Ramona marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2016
Jill
Jill added it
Feb 13, 2016
  • Lead Like Jesus: Lessons from the Greatest Leadership Role Model of All Time
  • Church Planting Is for Wimps: How God Uses Messed-Up People to Plant Ordinary Churches That Do Extraordinary Things
  • What Is a Healthy Church?
  • Stories for the Heart-The Original Collection: 110 Stories to Encourage Your Soul
  • Your Girl: Raising a Godly Daughter in an Ungodly World
  • Point Man: How a Man Can Lead His Family
  • Being Leaders: The Nature of Authentic Christian Leadership
  • Four Views on the Spectrum of Evangelicalism
  • The Family You've Always Wanted: Five Ways You Can Make It Happen
  • Life Is a Series of Presentations: Eight Ways to Inspire, Inform, and Influence Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime
  • Spirit Controlled Woman
Richard Duane Warren.

As philanthropists, Rick and Kay Warren give away 90 percent of their income through three foundations: Acts of Mercy, which serves those infected and affected by AIDS; Equipping the Church, which trains church leaders in developing countries; and The Global PEACE Fund, which fights poverty, disease, and illiteracy.
More about Rick Warren...