Start by marking “Sea Raptor” as Want to Read:

Sea Raptor

From terrorist hunter to monster hunter! Jack Rastun was a decorated U.S. Army Ranger, until an unfortunate incident forced him out of the service. He is soon hired by the Foundation for Undocumented Biological investigation and given a new mission, to search for cryptids, creatures whose existence has not been proven by mainstream science. Teaming up with the daring and ...more
Published July 18th 2014 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Sea Raptor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sea Raptor

Brian Switek
Feb 28, 2016 Brian Switek rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
There are two problems with the title: everything in this book happens at the surface or inland, and none of it's thrilling. I found myself skimming through this male action hero wish-fulfillment tale by the halfway point, worn down by the detail lavished on military hardware and a perspective that treats all women as sex objects or shrews. If you're looking for a gripping monster yarn, keep searching.
Ami
Jan 09, 2016 Ami rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An ex army ranger, Jack, is hired as a security for a research group that finds and protects rare cryto animals( like Bigfoot). Sometimes the researchers need protection from poachers, sometimes from the animals themselves. Jack gets his first case as soon as joins the team- locate an east coast sea creature who has been going on a killing spree!

This was a good action adventure sea monster story. There were a few small complaints ( for me) that kept this from being great.

1. Jack is an ex army r
Adrian (Beavisthebookhead.com) Shotbolt
Rampaging monsters along the Jersey shore! it is no secret that this reader is partial to some giant sea monster carnage. John J Rust provides just what I was looking for. The good: Monsters! good characters and the story was pretty well-paced too. The bad: a little too long I thought. Severed Press are the kings of monster carnage and in Sea Raptor they have another winner! 4 stars from this reader.
Robert
Oct 22, 2015 Robert rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book went to places I really wasn't expecting. I really enjoyed reading this, as the action was nicely balanced with the story. I honestly wasn't expecting a novel as long as this one was, but as I daid, I was very impressed. I look forward to more from this author, especially if it is in the sea monster genre.
Linda Collins
Nov 27, 2016 Linda Collins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sea Raptor

Good storyline and strong characters...loved this story ....Sea Monsters ?...won't go in the water anytime soon...can't wait for the authors next book
Charissa Wilkinson
Jul 06, 2015 Charissa Wilkinson rated it really liked it
I received this book as part of the Goodreads First Reads program for the purpose of a fair review.

Overview: Being a security guard at a zoo isn’t exactly what Jack Rastun thought he would be doing with his life, especially since he became a Ranger. Lucky for him, his former colonel has a job for him. He’s to be protecting an investigative team while they search for an aquatic predator.

Likes: Mr. Rust did have his priorities straight in this book. Life, particularly human life, was valued more s
Phil Matthews
Pretty good

My biggest complaint about this novel is the characters are too extreme. Too evil, too goody two shoes, etc. The doctor is simply too protective of the creature to be psychotic. No way she would have been allowed on the team. Otherwise it is well written. Almost gave it a four but I really have a problem with the simplicity of the characters.
Lisa A.
Aug 09, 2016 Lisa A. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good creature thriller as the Point Pleasant Monster terrorizes the Jersey Shore. The story moved along at a steady pace with well developed characters although the former Army Ranger hero was a little too stereotypical gung-ho making him a bit irritating at times. Despite this small annoyance, I would read another book from this author.
Uncle  Dave Avis
Dec 09, 2015 Uncle Dave Avis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a well written novel about, not only monsters, but the people, both good and bad. The author has woven a group of men and women, thrown in a deep sea monster and came out with a compelling page turning novel.
I highly recommend this book.
Anadarko52
Decent monster thriller

This novel was a decent sea monster type action thriller. The characters were fairly well developed. I would have liked more backstory on the monster. Would make a decent movie.
Brenda Whiteside
May 27, 2015 Brenda Whiteside rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first of this author's books I've read. It isn't the typical book I read but a friend recommended it. Glad I did. Lots of adventure and suspense. A touch of romance from a manly point of view. I'll be looking for more to read by Mr. Rust.
Paivi Lindqvist
Paivi Lindqvist rated it liked it
May 20, 2016
Brian Smith
Brian Smith rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2015
Ruth Evelyn Adams
Ruth Evelyn Adams rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2016
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2015
Kathy brown
Kathy brown rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2016
linda smoot
linda smoot rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2016
Janice Hirschman
Janice Hirschman rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2016
Coila J Lindemann
Coila J Lindemann rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2016
James Ward
James Ward rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2016
Randy Troyer
Randy Troyer rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
May 23, 2016
Nyla
Nyla rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2016
Justin Burr
Justin Burr rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Greg Noneman
Greg Noneman rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2015
David Lloyd
David Lloyd rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2016
M J Girot
M J Girot rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2015
allen e prestenbach
allen e prestenbach rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2016
Jacob
Jacob rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2016
Born in Hamilton Township, NJ, Rust graduated from Nottingham High School before obtaining degrees in communications from Mercer County College (NJ) and the College of Mt. St. Vincent (NY). He worked as a reporter for New Jersey 101.5 FM before moving to Arizona, where he became the sports director/sportscaster for KYCA-AM. Rust published the military sci-fi novel "Dark Wings," the ...more
More about John J. Rust...