Start by marking “The Frog: A Tale of Sexual Torture and Degradation” as Want to Read:
The Frog: A Tale of Sexual Torture and Degradation

The Frog: A Tale of Sexual Torture and Degradation

3.15 of 5 stars 3.15  ·  rating details  ·  170 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Jane is abducted by a sadistic couple intent on reducing her to a sexual object. Drawn into a world where sensuality is blurred and splattered by the harsh brush of abuse, the exploration is as much a matter of the mind and soul as of the body. Jane, called "Frog" by her captors, learns to adapt as her world shrinks to the avoidance of pain and the pursuit of pleasure. Iro ...more
Published November 8th 2006 by Running Press (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Frog, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Frog

Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsConsequences by Aleatha RomigForbidden by Tabitha SuzumaComfort Food by Kitty Thomas
Taboo Reads
99th out of 772 books — 1,355 voters
Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsStolen by Lucy ChristopherSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsConsequences by Aleatha RomigComfort Food by Kitty Thomas
Kidnapped!
237th out of 482 books — 1,477 voters

More lists with this book...

MingLee
4.5* for this baby.

Umm, well, what can I say?
I think my tags and the book's description pretty much sums it up.
The humiliation/degradation scenes were amazing.
This is a work of FICTION....a DARK READ....would I wish this on anyone?? No...would I like this to happen to me personally...yep, if it were carefully thought out by my significant other, for sure...YEP, I'm fucking twisted....

Was well written, very descriptive, and left me wanting more..A LOT more......

HUGE MAJOR WARNING to the faint o
Joanne Jones
THIS IS MY FIRST CLAIRE THOMPSON BOOK AND IT WONT BE MY LAST!!!

Right you need a strong mind set for reading this and an empty belly for those who are a bit squeamish!!!

For me this did not make me feel squeamish or bugged out or anything, it had quite the opposite effect on me lol...
Maybe I have a deprived mind or something but I found this book quite intriguing and insightful because not only did it have a handful of kinks that I LOVE LOVE LOVE but it has also made me what to try some things out
~Lei ~  Reading Is An Adventure ~

How the heck do I rate this? The editing errors got on my nerves and I was alternately creeped out or tingly, yet I finished it and was a little disappointed by the ending or maybe not. Let me just say, if you see Bren or Robert at the grocery store, run Forrest, RUN! Unless you like this kinky-fuckery (thanks Shannon for this very excellent tag!) shit done to you. I do think this is one of the most sexcontent-tagged books on my shelf. If you got a challenge, this is your book!
Catherine
Do not read if you are offended but abduction, rape and torture! This is not your romantic hot bdsm erotic story.
This is pure sadistic rape and torture. There were a couple of panty soaking moments for me, but then that was me personally.
How ever. Claire Thompson is an excellent writer who pushes the limits on your imagination. Makes you squirm in your panties because of the sheer horror of it. The nail biting, "is she, isn't she"! The pyshological aspect of it is terrifying. It wasn't the most
Marjana
I never have been more disgusted in my life then after reading this book (actually I couldn't finish it). How is this even considered erotica? I mean she get kidnapped and tortured (literally). For example, in once scene, one of her captor actually pees (yes pees) into her mouth or should I say forces her to open her mouth or else they beat with a cane or a whip. God, this book so disgusting, why did I even bother reading it. This my first book by Claire Thompson and now I'm wondering if all ohe ...more
Rebecca Symmons
I have just finished this book and feel a little let down. I don't have a problem with the non-consensual aspect or, whether or not it should be called BDSM, I knew what to expect because I read the description and know it is only a fantasy.
I thought it was well written, very well in places, and considered it to be a 4 or 5 star read - until page 101. By this point I was starting to wonder how the author was going to wind up the story, and ran possibilities through my mind. To prevent spoiling t
Alicia
This is the first book that I read by Claire Thompson and I must say I am hooked!!! I have read several since this one and her stories get better and better with each page!! Thank you Claire for sharing your wonderful talent!!!
Barbara
Boring! This book was so boring and I wouldn't finish it, if not for the challenge. I really had high hopes for this one, but after finishing it, I feel disappointed. Sometimes, I felt like reading Jane Austen's novels. Don't get me wrong, I love JA, but her style didn't fit with this story. All those "poor Janes" were grating on my nerves. And the ending... So unrealistic.

I don't recommend it and I'm not sure if I'll read any other book written by this author.

Why 2 stars? Well, it had its mome
Lepp

Kinda scared to read this one...ngl.

photo tumblr_mrd69gNq461rkyz0ro1_400_zpsiuei8dpp.gif
Ranzes Ryne
I've read few books by Claire Thompson. So far, this book got me pissed the most. I really hate the "pissing" part by her captors. Damn, but well it did got the degradation thing. Though I don't really love the ending part.... but at least she got her captors paid a bit.
Dianne
I honestly didn't finish this, it was not well written. might have been an ok read but it just didn't hold me so I skimmed the first couple of chapters.
Kym
I am surprised.

I wasn't expecting much out of this because the other books i have read from thompson have left me on the fence a little. I didn't know she had it in her.

Frog hit every button known that will stun the kinkiest of them on occasion. It definitely fit perfectly into the section of dark erotica.

What intrigued me the most was that it was a couple doing the kidnapping, not some power hungry or shatter man. It made it that much better to witness Brenda in her element.
David Schwan
Rather uneven book. A girl is kidnapped by a couple, tortured and used as a sex toy. Their interactions with girl are not consistent. A dominatrix is brought in and a very tender scene ensues. It almost feels like this book was written intending a sequel where the kidnapped girl explores her sexuality.
Tia
I read this novel long ago and it was disturbingly wicked. It was most certainly something different and not everyone would like it.
Cynthia L
This book was okay...a little too dark for my liking. It brought me to tears at times & sick to my stomach at others.
Shelene
Even though it was so disturbing
I really did enjoy it. *Thanks*
Paganalexandria **wicked juices bubbling over**
when a review mentioned water sports, I was too through.
Joanne
Just that delicious darkness, F*ck I love BDSM!
Carol
UNcomfortable
wr
Aug 21, 2011 wr added it
extremely extreme
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
William
William marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Ver0n1k
Ver0n1k marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Dee
Dee added it
Mar 18, 2015
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Williams Nicki
Williams Nicki marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
  • Where Willows Won't Grow
  • From Temptation (Deliver Us, #2)
  • The Wild Side of Paddy McGuire (Tales from the Wild Side)
  • Antidote (Don't..., #2)
  • Gamble Everything (Gamble Everything, #1-7)
  • Heat
  • Chronic Carnalli Complex (Carnalli Brothers, #2)
  • Cinder (Blood Nation, #2)
  • Father Figure
  • Under Contract
  • The Red King
  • Schadenfreude
  • The Arroyo
  • Owned and Owner
  • Beyond the Edge (The James Lucas Trilogy, #1)
  • Fog: A Novel of Desire and Reprisal
  • Auction (The Flesh Cartel, #2)
  • The Rise of Alec Caldwell: Volume Two (The Rise of Alec Caldwell, #2)
I have published erotic fiction and romance since 1996. My work includes the sensual exploration of D/s and erotic romance, as well as the darker side of BDSM. My work includes in-depth exploration of both m/f and m/m relationships, in the context of romance and D/s. I have published over fifty novels and short stories, both in print and ebook format.
It is important to me to write about real peop
More about Claire Thompson...
Handyman (Handyman #1) Polar Reaction Accidental Slave Switch Obsession: Girl Abducted