Start by marking “A Customary Obsession” as Want to Read:
A Customary Obsession

A Customary Obsession

'It seldom happens that any felicity comes so pure as not to be tempered and allayed by some mixture of sorrow.' Miguel de Cervantes, Don Quixote To the casual observer, Laura and Steve have it all: important jobs in law enforcement, critical skills that serve them well, the love of caring families, the respect of loyal friends, and the breathtaking beauty of Vermont. To ...more
Published June 2nd 2014 by Greystone Prose Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Customary Obsession, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Customary Obsession

Sierra
Oct 13, 2014 Sierra rated it it was amazing
Wow! This was a lot more than I expected from reading the summary. Such a well written book with even flow between the characters and their situations. This book had me turning pages and not wanting to put the book down. The book did leave me with some questions which I hope to find out in book 2! Highly recommend read if you like a nice blend of romance and crime!
Veronica
Oct 03, 2014 Veronica rated it it was amazing
I didn't know what to expect before reading A Customary Obsession. I liked the premise, which is why I added it to my collection, but I was still a bit unsure. By the end of it, I was not only very pleased that I decided to read it, but I found myself wanting to read the next one in the series immediately. This book really drew me in, making me yearn for more.

Laura and Steve appear to have it all. She's an attorney, and he works for the state police. They also have a caring family, loyal friends
Sheri
Oct 02, 2014 Sheri rated it liked it
I found this book kind of boring but it’s not a bad book, just a lot of dialogue about vague police cases. I couldn’t get into it. The characters are kind of bland. They didn’t make me want to pick up the book and read it.

As a New Englander, I hoped it was give a feeling of home but it didn’t feel it was that homey. It seemed like it could take place anywhere.

It’s damaged people trying to live normal lives. It seemed fragmented. There were too many uninteresting characters that I didn’t care abo
Robin Perron
Sep 26, 2014 Robin Perron rated it it was amazing
A Customary Obsession by Jane Creelman Graiko is a book that has it all; romance, crime, mystery and intrigue. A Customary Obsession features Laura and Steve police detectives and partners working together to solve crimes in a small Vermont town. Both partners are utterly devoted to their jobs, both are lonely, and both are clueless about the potential for a relationship that is staring them in the face.

A Customary Obsession opens with a mother and her young son bolting through a parking lot to
Omid
Omid added it
Oct 03, 2014
Nafezaqasem
Nafezaqasem marked it as to-read
Lace
Lace marked it as to-read
Gag Karapetyan
Gag Karapetyan marked it as to-read
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read