Start by marking “All Else Confusion” as Want to Read:
All Else Confusion

All Else Confusion

Annis's life was full and happy- certainly not lacking in love. Above all, she loved Jake Royle- even more than her family. So when he proposed out of necessity, she accepted without hesitation. But would she be able to accept his lack of feeling for her?
Paperback, Best of Betty Neels, 219 pages
Published April 2006 by Harlequin Books (first published 1982)

To ask other readers questions about All Else Confusion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Else Confusion

Fiona Marsden
Feb 25, 2014 Fiona Marsden rated it really liked it
This is one that will get the feminists up in arms when hero Jake Royle quotes:
Man with the head and woman with the heart:
Man to command and woman to obey;
All else confusion

Jake seems to think he's a classic romance alpha male and he does his best with it. He is a business man and very wealthy but even more clueless than a Dutch doctor when it comes to handling the woman in his life. His early disappointment put him against love and fortunately the Other Women are fleeting and easily dismissed
Teri-K
I really liked the way this slightly different Neels book began. Annis is the oldest of a big, happy family. She's not a nurse - she has no career at all, just helps her father, the Rector. Jake, who is in the area visiting friends, is a big-shot business man, not a doctor. As usual the hero manages to get his life entangled with hers. But it kind of disintegrates when they get married.

I don't expect Jane Austen when I read these stories, but I really didn't feel that either of these people's a
Clare
I enjoyed this book but not the way Jake was going on with Annis, I found him to be hot one minute and then cold the next and Annis was not a doormat which I was happy with but to be truthful I preferred her friend and I would have liked to have seen her marry him or to see her husband be jealous of their friendship to rock the boat lol but he isn't in the book for that long.
Tonya Warner
Apr 11, 2014 Tonya Warner rated it really liked it
Jack Royle believes he has found a woman whom he can make his wife, and have her tucked away, waiting for his return from work. When he sees fit. But Annis is a little more than just the little woman, with the fiery red hair to match the spark of temper that lights her up.

An enjoyable variation to the stand tales by Betty Neels.
Allison
Oct 01, 2013 Allison rated it really liked it
Another typical betty book. I enjoyed it as much as the others.
Naomi
Apr 21, 2010 Naomi rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2010
Betty Neals stories are easy and fun to read. This one was perfect for between tests. It didn't take much brain power to enjoy and satisfied my need to read something other than a text book.
Pamela Shropshire
Review to follow
Barb in Maryland
Mar 05, 2017 Barb in Maryland rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance-goodies
2.5 stars for this a-typical offering from The Great Betty.
Big difference number one--Jake is a business man, not a doctor. Say what?? He's 35, rich as a typical Harlequin Millionaire. He gloms his eyes on sweet, young, very pretty Annis, age 22, and somehow ends up in a MOC with her.
There are many things I don't understand, such as how Annis fell in love with such a cold-hearted rat. (Oh, poor boy was disappointed in love many years ago--as if that excuses his behavior/attitude. Alas, TGB fai
R
Mar 02, 2017 R rated it did not like it
Diana
Jul 30, 2011 Diana rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-read
One of the first Harlequin authors I remember reading. I was completely enthralled by the exotic locales in her books when I was 14. Now reading these books are more of a way of remembering the aunt who got me started on them. I'll probably always love them due to the nostalgia factor. her books will always be some of my favorites to re-read.
marjorie
Apr 09, 2016 marjorie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting

For a slow quiet afternoon read, this book is perfect, it is not her usual storyline and that makes it an interesting journey.
mandeera
mandeera rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2011
Becky Eanet
Becky Eanet rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2016
Nikeda
Nikeda rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2007
Christine
Christine rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2012
Rosemarie Exell
Rosemarie Exell rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Wg
Wg rated it liked it
May 03, 2015
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2008
tananya
tananya rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Cecilia
Cecilia rated it it was ok
Dec 19, 2011
Sudha Shashwati
Sudha Shashwati rated it it was ok
Jun 18, 2015
Aimee
Aimee rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2010
Lauconn
Lauconn rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2016
Caitlin
Caitlin rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2015
Anabel
Anabel rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2014
Lucy
Lucy rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2017
Heather Reid
Heather Reid rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2015
Jaime
Jaime rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2008
Ginnyy
Ginnyy rated it did not like it
Jun 10, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Betty Neels was born on September 15, 1910 in Devon to a family with firm roots in the civil service. She said she had a blissfully happy childhood and teenage years.(This stood her in good stead later for the tribulations to come with the Second World War). She was sent away to boarding school, and then went on to train as a nurse, gaining her SRN and SCM, that is, State Registered Nurse and Stat ...more
More about Betty Neels...