Start by marking “دره گل سرخ” as Want to Read:
دره گل سرخ

دره گل سرخ

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  13,231 ratings  ·  396 reviews
Nüüd ma jutustan oma vennast. Minu vend on Joonatan Lõvisüda – temast tahangi ma jutustada. Minu meelest tundub see kõik olevat peaaegu muinasjutt ja natuke tondilugu ka, aga ometi on see algusest lõpuni tõsi. Ehkki seda ei tea keegi peale minu ja Joonatani.
Joonatani nimi polnud alguses hoopiski Lõvisüda. Ta perekonnanimi oli Lõvi, täpselt niisamuti nagu minul ja emalgi.
Published 2011 by سوره مهر (first published 1973)

To ask other readers questions about دره گل سرخ, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about دره گل سرخ

Alex
In high school I loaned this to a girlfriend and then she dumped me and then I called her house like every day all "GIVE ME MY BOOK BACK" until she finally left it outside my door so she wouldn't have to talk to me.

I was a pretty big fan of this book.
Angelina
If you don't like this book you just don't understand anything....
Simply one of the best kids' books ever written. It treats very serious questions in a truly admirable way and gives hope at the same time. Pure, honest, brave and magical...
Sharon
remember that book you read in your childhood?

it was in hardcover, it was a bit dusty and used, and you had that feeling that you would like this book. and so you read it- and it had adventures and it was interesting and you couldn't stop reading that book (you read other books before, but that was the first book you were glued to).

remember that book in your childhood that, in a way, is the main reason for your deep love to books? that book that holds magic to you? that is cherished by you? th
AnnaLund
Jan 31, 2012 AnnaLund rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone who has a beating heart
Recommended to AnnaLund by: My mother
The book that made me who I am today.
The one that taught me to stand up for my friends.
The book that showed me that Somethings you just HAVE to do, or else you are not a real human being, just a little speck of dirt.
Of course, I read it in the original Swedish, but anyone who has half a mind of reading something truly healing should give this a go in English. It is well translated, and she IS, after all, the mother of Pippi Longstockings. I rest my case.
Jonatan, jag ser ljuset.
Kirstine
Oh man, I am an absolute sucker for sibling relationships (have I mentioned this before? Maybe I have), if not, know now that I am.

So you might guess why this is (along with 'Mio, My Mio') my favourite Astrid Lindgren book. The relationship between Tvebak and Jonathan (the Danish names) is so unbelievably precious, and leaves me in tears, even now, despite it being a childrens book.
Having a brother myself, I understand the devotion you can have for a sibling; I'd do anything for him. I'd face
Reetta Saine
Klassikko, jonka uskalsin viimein lukea uudelleen yli kolmenkymmenen vuoden jälkeen. Kannatti.
Harun Harahap
Jayaprakash Satyamurthy
A strange if charming little book. It begins with the tragic deaths of two young brothers who are then reunited in the land of Ningiyama, where the world is still as it was in the age of sagas with many adventures to be had. However, the boys discover that not all adventures are worth having as they find themselves facing increasingly evil foes and long odds. The end of the story took me by surprise and I'm not sure what to make of it. Despite what a one-star review on this site claims, the endi ...more
Matthew
while this is technically a children's book by a children's author, the subjects are heavier than most adult novels: death, disease, loss, the afterlife, the right to react to violence with violence, family, and loyalty. everyone i spoke to about this book said the same thing: that the book illicited tears, whether out of sadness or joy or some combination of both. it is one of the most universally loved books in the author's home country of sweden: the extended version of the movie from 1977 is ...more
Tandava Brahmachari
For years I've had a strong but vaguely-detailed memory of a book I read as a child. I couldn't remember the title, the author, the plot, or even how old I was when I read it. I knew that a boy followed his brother to a land after death, and I had a blurry image of what was possibly the cover, and I knew that younger-me had been deeply moved by it in some way. Every few years I'd try to find it, but without any luck.

A few weeks ago, I found it. I must have have finally hit on the right search t
Snail in Danger (Sid) Nicolaides
"It's Valhalla — you know, for kids!" (i.e., the heroes' afterlife, but in a somewhat toned down and sanitized way.)

I can see why some people fell in love with this book when they read it as children. I also think that this is a book you have to read as a child to fully relate to its charm. (There will be adults who are exceptions to this, I suspect. It depends on how you feel about death and dying. Because it deals with these themes it would be good to preview it before giving to a young child,
Anna
I love this book more than any other Lindgren. It helped me with my fear of death as a child like nothing else possibly could have done. I read it over and over again and am now reading it to my youngest who is currently struggling with all those dark fear after her best friend's mother died suddenly a few weeks ago. To me this is the book Lindgren should have been famous for. It is one of the most beautiful and profound adventure stories for young children ever written.
Jeff
Aug 22, 2007 Jeff rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
This is a classic mythos book. It's my favorite book in the entire world. I first read this book in the third grade and kept reading it until I left that school. Then followed a period of ten years when I couldn't find the book as it had gone out of print. I finally found a copy and forced my long-suffering girlfriend to read it. And then forced my next girlfriend to read it. It's got an amazing premise for a children's book. And it's written by the Pipi Longstocking woman!
Rumaisa Ahmad-doleh
كتاب الطفولة <3
پگاه
وای که چهقدر کارل رو میفهمیدم... خیلی زیاد...
این که همیشه میخواست که هرجور شده پیش برادرش باشه. وقتی که میگفت ماجراهای نانگیالا چطور میتونن خوب باشن وقتی یوناتان پیشش نیست. وقتی که به برادرش گفت: «یوناتان بیچارهام! تو هم دیگر شاد نیستی.کاش فقط میتوانستم تو را شاد کنم!» خیلی دوستداشتنی بود محبت این دو تا برادر...
Primadonna
Touching and enlightening. Somehow, I feel less afraid in embracing death after reading this story.
Halfempty
My best friend in the fourth grade, Dell Simpson, gave me this book and I still have his copy. Actually, I think he loaned it to me, so this goes to show that you should never loan me a book. Hear that, Multnomah County Library? Take away my card now! Also, Dell, if you're reading this, you can't have it back. It looks like I read it in the shower anyway, so you probably wouldn't want it now.

Anyway, it's a melodramatic tale of a young, very ill boy whose older brother tells him stories about th
Maryana
Character Development - 4/5
Themes - 2/5
Writing Style - 3/5
Plot - 2/5

The style and vocabulary were good, for a children's book and the relationship between the two brothers was certainly heart-wrenching. All in all 90% of the plot was great however the ending felt unsubtle and hastily contrived. It also illustrated questionable ideas concerning life and death. After defeating a dark and evil dragon, Jonathan reveals to his little brother that he had been injured in the battle and will soon be com
Kitty (I solemnly swear that I am up to no good)
description

Heart wrenching, tear jerking, sad, honest, brave and full of love!

This hauntingly beautiful book is one of my all time favourites. Just thinking about it makes me feel all sad and uplifted. I recommend anybody to read it now, if you have children do not be put off by the heavy topic...what I gained from this book even as a child was the strong sense of love and devotion the brothers had for each other. I promise you will cry some good tears over this book!

I have attached some of the amazing ill
Бранимир Събев
Хубава книжка на Астрид, но прекалено напомня на "Мили мой Мио", която ми е любимата от нея. При Линдгрен няма празно, прочетете въпреки всичко, но онази е по-добрата.
I read this book because this was a present from a child in my class. The reason she gave this book is because she is half Swedish, I thought it was a great idea! As a teacher, I can say, getting gifts with meaning is always treasured!

description

The story it self didn't really grip me, it was ok but nothing more than that really. The characters of Jonathan and Karl were quite sweet, their love for each other was cute to read. Also liked that Karl never thought himself as brave, and never realising that bra
Rana Heshmati
Jan 18, 2014 Rana Heshmati rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Rana by: Masoomeh Tavakoli
Shelves: گریه, رمان
آه...
یوناتان...
نون قندیِ عزیز دلم... :) :( :*
عالی بود و بس.
با تمام وجودم دوستش داشتم و درکش کردم ...
Chris
Originality: ****
Writing Style: ****
Characterization: *****
Overall Rating: 4.5

Винаги съм смятала, че за да напишеш добра детска книга се изисква да си замесен от друг тип тесто, специален. В детската литература има нещо толкова крехко, чисто, нещо безкрайно уязвимо, и все пак със сила по-голяма от тази, на който и да било роман за възрастни. И проклета да съм, ако й обърна гръб, заради глупави криворазбрани порядки.
„Братята с лъвски сърца”…
Е опустошителна и изключително лична.
В не до там далечна
Marjet
Astrid Lindgren - Gebroeders Leeuwenhart

Dit boek wilde ik al jaren lezen, omdat het destijds in 1973 als tamelijk controversieel werd ontvangen. Het gaat over de dood, het hiernamaals, paradijs en hel beleeft door twee kinderen.
Als Jonathan Leeuwenhart zijn doodzieke broertje Kruimel (Karel) wil redden uit hun brandende huis gaat hij zelf dood. Jonathan heeft altijd gezegd dat Kruimel in Nangijala zal komen na zijn dood en dat Jonathan en alle fijne dingen daar ook zullen zijn. Dat lijkt aanvan
Orinoco Womble (tidy bag and all)
Another reviewer starts their review saying, "If you don't like this book, you just don't understand anything." Well, that's one reader's opinion. Rather than be that harsh, I would say that if, like me, you grew up exclusively on the Pippi stories, The Brothers Lionheart will be rather a surprise. It's nothing like the Longstocking books, except in the fact that the children make their own decisions and take their own destinies in hand. From the moment that Jonathan saves his brother in a fire, ...more
Rebekah Waldorff
It has been a while since I've read this book. But it still deserves a review from me. The writing style is gripping and the characters endearing. The message of familial love is well writ and heart wrenching. Now, that was the good part. I warn you that there will be a spoiler, and a scathing review next, because no reader should venture into this book unwarned and I suggest you look closely at this book before passing it onto a child: (view spoiler) ...more
Pineapple
Marvelous children's book. It has a great story and is packed with sibling love, courage sacrifice and many dark themes also such as war, betrayal and death. However what this book displays most clearly is hope. Hope to go through tough times sometimes alone and sometimes together with someone close. It teaches kids to not give up and to carry on....definitely will read to my kids someday ;)
Huda M
هذا أحد الكتب التي قرأتها مع أبناء إخوتي واستمتعت بها كما فعلوا...
قصة جميلة عن استمرارية الحياة فيما بعد الموت، وعن الصراع بين الخير والشر، والشجاعة ومواجهة المخاوف التي قد تكبل أحدنا لو استسلم لها، ولا تُغفل المعاني الجميلة السامية للأخوّة والتي تمثلت في العلاقة الجميلة بين الأخوين آل قلب الأسد..
المأخذ الوحيد على هذه الرواية، أو فلنقل ما ينبغي التنبه له والتحذير منه فيها... فهو تضارب الحياة الأخرى كما تصورها الرواية، والمفهوم العقائدي الإسلامي لهذه الحياة وحقيقتها وطبيعتها.. مما سيسبب لبساً لدى
Iskreads
The Brothers Lionheart by Astrid Lingren will stay with you forever if you read it. After the prince-looking and brave Jonathan Lionheart tragically dies in a fire, he gets back together with his younger brother, Karl Lionheart who had been sick most of his ten years of life, up in heaven, or Nangiyala. There, the two brothers stay in a wonderful fantasy world full of happiness and celebrating in Cherry Valley. But when their dear neighbors, Wild Rose Valley gets conquered by the evil Tengil, th ...more
Saara
Living in a bilingual Finland, we often got to read books from both Finnish and Swedish writers when we were little. Astrid Lindgren however was my favorite and her books are what I remember the most of all the bedtime stories.

The Brothers Lionheart is a very beautiful story about sad things - death, loss and yearning. I read it many times when I was little and I could imagine myself reading it even as an adult. It it amazing how so deep thoughts has been hid in a children's book, I didn't even
  • Moominland Midwinter (The Moomins, #6)
  • Geheimen van het wilde woud
  • Die kleine Hexe
  • Jim Knopf und die Wilde 13
  • Oh, wie schön ist Panama
  • Das doppelte Lottchen
  • Het sleutelkruid
  • Pettersson kriegt Weihnachtsbesuch
  • Hasse Simonsdochter
  • Jip en Janneke
Astrid Anna Emilia Lindgren, née Ericsson, was a Swedish children's book author and screenwriter, whose many titles were translated into 85 languages and published in more than 100 countries. She has sold roughly 145 million copies worldwide. Today, she is most remembered for writing the Pippi Longstocking books, as well as the Karlsson-on-the-Roof book series.
More about Astrid Lindgren...
Pippi Longstocking Ronia, the Robber's Daughter Pippi in the South Seas Karlson on the Roof Pippi Goes on Board

“Men då sa Jonatan att det fanns saker som man måste göra, även om det var farligt. ’Varför då’, undrade jag. ’Annars är man ingen människa utan bara en liten lort’, sa Jonatan.” 9 likes
“Why did you save Park's life, was that so good?'

'I don't know if it was such a good thing to do,' said Jonathan. 'But there are things you have to do, otherwise you're not a human being, just a piece of dirt. I've said this to you before.'

'But what if he'd realized who you were?' I said. 'And they had caught you!'

'Well, then they would've caught Lionheart and not a piece of dirt,' said Jonathan.”
7 likes