Start by marking “The Littles Give A Party” as Want to Read:
The Littles Give A Party

The Littles Give A Party (The Littles #5)

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  256 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
The Littles is a timeless favorite that's been enjoyed for decades. Ready to grab the attention of a new generation, fresh cover art brings an updated look to this classic series.

In the 5th title of our relaunch of the series, Granny Little is sad but no one is sure why. To cheer her up the Littles decide to throw her a surprise party! They'll have to find a way to get all
Published June 1st 2008 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published August 1st 1978)

To ask other readers questions about The Littles Give A Party, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Littles Give A Party

Ami
Jun 20, 2010 Ami rated it really liked it
Reading books to my five year old, I found this much more enjoyable than other recent chapter books for children I've read to him. The Littles family is well written. Here, Granny Little is feeling down because of her age. The problem feels real and not fanciful. The family pulls together to try to help her out by throwing a birthday party for her. Some of the difficulties they come across feel like real obstacles.

This has children with adults that are involved in their lives, rather than in th
Sujata
May 18, 2016 Sujata rated it really liked it
A very fun reading experience. I liked when Lucy Little used Henry's(the son of the Bigg Family) blue feather to make into a pillow as a birthday gift for Grandma little. They planned to party under a nice white flower tree called a Catalpa tree. They even figure out where to have swimming pool which was the drain water area where the water pour into the sewage. I noticed they even created a diving board!
Marlee
Feb 04, 2014 Marlee rated it liked it
Though this book was interesting and sweet, it didn't engage my children as much as many of the chapter books/novels we've read together. They certainly enjoyed it. I think the funniest part is that the Littles have tails. They always look out of place in the pictures.
Chris
Jan 16, 2013 Chris rated it liked it
I remember enjoying these books a lot more when I was in 3rd grade. Reading them out loud to my kids this year was... not as fun as I remember having when I discovered them for myself way back when.

I'm not sure what changed. I still love the idea of the cute little people living in the walls, but even my 6 yr old got bored while I was reading them, and when she was done after 20 minutes, I was more than happy to put a bookmark in and wait until the next day to read another couple of chapters.

It
Caleb
Mar 20, 2015 Caleb rated it liked it
I liked it. They have a swimming pool in a rain gutter and the surprise party is for granny because she's turning 80 and doesn't like it.
Yvonne
Nov 13, 2014 Yvonne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pre-2005, 2014, with-kids
We read these books together during breakfast every morning. The kids love them as much as I did as a kid
Kristine Hansen
Jul 16, 2012 Kristine Hansen rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids, chapter-book
Granny Little is turning 80 years old. Will a surprise party be just the thing to cheer her up?

My favorite part? Honestly I really love the idea of swimming in the rain gutter. What fun!
Jodi
Sep 19, 2010 Jodi rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: young readers
I have loved these books since I was a child and am enjoying sharing them with my children! In this one, the Littles throw a surprise party for Granny's 80th birthday!
Nicole
Apr 06, 2009 Nicole rated it liked it
Shelves: read-as-a-kid
Could this have been published in the late 70s/early 80s as The Littles Surprise Party? That was the book I used to have.
Katie
Dec 13, 2008 Katie added it
I loved these when I was in first grade; I would read them over and over.
Bubba
Jul 01, 2013 Bubba rated it it was amazing
66 stars.
Erica Reed
Erica Reed marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Penny-Ann Steel
Penny-Ann Steel rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2016
ForemanTeaches
ForemanTeaches marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Patti Russo
Patti Russo marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Colleen
Colleen rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Sam
Sam rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2016
Katie Mendenhall
Katie Mendenhall marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Yotam
Yotam added it
Apr 09, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Diane Churchill
Diane Churchill marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
David Russell
David Russell is currently reading it
Mar 29, 2016
Talitha W
Talitha W rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2016
Katie
Katie added it
Mar 17, 2016
  • No Biz Like Show Biz (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, #24)
  • A Thief in the Theater: A Kit Mystery (American Girl Mysteries)
  • The Mystery of the Circus Clown (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #7)
  • Snowbound With Betsy
  • Molly Takes Flight (American Girls Short Stories)
  • Wild Whale Watch (The Magic School Chapter Book, #3)
  • Attack at the Arena (Imagination Station, #2)
  • Food Chain Frenzy (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #17)
  • The Happy Hollisters and the Haunted House Mystery (Happy Hollisters, #21)
  • All You Ever Need
  • Ghost Class (Ghostville Elementary #1)
  • That's Not My Monster
  • Freya the Friday Fairy (Rainbow Magic: Fun Day Fairies, #5)
  • Fish Face (The Kids of the Polk Street School, #2)
  • Horrible Harry and the Dungeon
  • Anne Frank's Story

The Littles (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The Littles