Start by marking “Grandpa Spanielson's Chicken Pox Stories: Story #2: A Snout for Chocolate (I Can Read Book 2)” as Want to Read:

Grandpa Spanielson's Chicken Pox Stories: Story #2: A Snout for Chocolate (Grandpa Spanielson's Chicken Pox Stories #2)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  12 reviews
A SNOUT FOR CHOCOLATE - Grandpa Spanielson's Chickenpox Stories #2 Denys Cazet

Chicken pox, tall tales, and outrageous humour - Denys Cazet's Grandpa Spanielson and his favourite grandpup are back in their second book

Poor Barney's still got the chicken pox. While Grandma is certain he needs rest, Grandpa knows what Barney really needs is another dose of Grandpa's Anti-Itch
Published January 1st 2006 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Grandpa Spanielson's Chicken Pox Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grandpa Spanielson's Chicken Pox Stories

Marcie
A Snout for Chocolate, by Denys Cazet, is a fantasy about a grandpa telling his grandpup stories to make his chicken pox stop itching. This story is good for readers with slightly developed reading skills. Its longer and more difficult than some books, but still good for helping readers develop. This is also a story you could read to a sick child to help them feel better.

Cazet, Denys. (2006) A Snout for Chocolate
HarperCollins: New York
Karen
Really disappointed because we love the Minnie and Moo books.
Cosette
Excellent! Always a treat!
Dolly
Jul 13, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2009, childrens
This is a fun story - what could be better than Grandpa telling stories while you're home sick with the chicken pox? The tale he tells is quite silly, but the story around the story is enchanting, especially when Grandma brings in hot chocolate for three!

We are enjoying reading the stories in the Grandpa Spanielson's Chicken Pox Stories series and will certainly look for the next book at our local library.
Tam
This is a "Reading With Help 2" book meaning a high-interest story for developing readers.

Excerpt from the book:
"Grandma closed Barney's bedroom door softly.
Grandpa poured himself another cup of coffee.
'How's my favorite grandpup doing?' he asked.
'Better,' said Grandma.
'Doctor Storkmeyer says he needs plenty of rest.'
'What he needs,' said Grandpa,
'is another one of my famous anti-itch chicken pox stories!'"
Teketel Hessel-farmer
Ouch! We will *not* be reading this book again because of the subtext. We didn't like how the grandma seems to be bossing the grandpa around a lot (like he's a kid), and then he *does* act like a kid by deceiving her and finding a way to get out of the work he agreed to do. At the end of the story, grandma gives a to grandpa to let him know that she knew all along that he wasn't going to do his work.
Amy Brown
Barney has chicken pox and is itching up a storm so his Grandfather tells him Grandpa Spanielson's Chicken Pox Stories to keep his mind off of his illness. This time it's about a neighbor who has a snout for chocolate and needs help from the firehouse. AR 2.1

An I Can Read Book (Level 2 Reading with Help)
Jennifer Oaks
This is another book in the series where the little boy has chicken pox and his grandfather tells him another story to make him feel better. This is another humorous story involving the rescue of a neighbor that gets her nose stuck to a box of chocolates in the freezer.
Edward Creter
Grandpa's next story has him (allegedly) working for the fire department and rescuing Miss Piggleson from choking on chocolate. I've heard of Death by Chocolate but this literally takes the (Chocolate!) cake.
Danielle Simmons
The chicken pox stories are great stories to stop the itch! Grandma tells Barney to get some rest to stop the itch, but grandpa has a different idea. Grandpas anti-itch stories bring this book to life.
Jenny
My three year old really likes the chicken pox stories, especially the Octupus #1. I like the interaction between the grandpa and grandma, I can see my husband and I being like that someday.
Tate Rytky
This book was funny because they had to use a hair dryer to get Mrs. Piggerman out of the refrigerator.
Sam Wojtaszek
Sam Wojtaszek marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Larhonna Williams
Larhonna Williams marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Juan Wsk
Juan Wsk marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Danelle
Danelle marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Zakyia
Zakyia marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Martyjelynbugaymartinez
Martyjelynbugaymartinez marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »

Grandpa Spanielson's Chicken Pox Stories (3 books)
  • Grandpa Spanielson's Chicken Pox Stories: Story #1: The Octopus
  • Grandpa Spanielson's Chicken Pox Stories: Story #3: The Shrunken Head
Perfect Pumpkin Pie Minnie and Moo Go to the Moon (Minnie and Moo (DK Hardcover)) Minnie and Moo: The Night of the Living Bed The Case of the Missing Jelly Donut Minnie and Moo: Wanted Dead or Alive (I Can Read Book 3)