Start by marking “A Snout for Chocolate (Grandpa Spanielson's Chicken Pox Stories #2)” as Want to Read:
A Snout for Chocolate (Grandpa Spanielson's Chicken Pox Stories #2)

A Snout for Chocolate (Grandpa Spanielson's Chicken Pox Stories #2)

A SNOUT FOR CHOCOLATE - Grandpa Spanielson's Chickenpox Stories #2 Denys Cazet

Chicken pox, tall tales, and outrageous humour - Denys Cazet's Grandpa Spanielson and his favourite grandpup are back in their second book!

Published December 31st 2006 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about A Snout for Chocolate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Snout for Chocolate

Dolly
Jul 13, 2009 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, 2009
This is a fun story - what could be better than Grandpa telling stories while you're home sick with the chicken pox? The tale he tells is quite silly, but the story around the story is enchanting, especially when Grandma brings in hot chocolate for three!

We are enjoying reading the stories in the Grandpa Spanielson's Chicken Pox Stories series and will certainly look for the next book at our local library.
Teketel Hessel-farmer
Feb 07, 2011 Teketel Hessel-farmer rated it did not like it
Ouch! We will *not* be reading this book again because of the subtext. We didn't like how the grandma seems to be bossing the grandpa around a lot (like he's a kid), and then he *does* act like a kid by deceiving her and finding a way to get out of the work he agreed to do. At the end of the story, grandma gives a to grandpa to let him know that she knew all along that he wasn't going to do his work.
Tam
Jul 20, 2014 Tam rated it liked it
Shelves: early-reader
This is a "Reading With Help 2" book meaning a high-interest story for developing readers.

Excerpt from the book:
"Grandma closed Barney's bedroom door softly.
Grandpa poured himself another cup of coffee.
'How's my favorite grandpup doing?' he asked.
'Better,' said Grandma.
'Doctor Storkmeyer says he needs plenty of rest.'
'What he needs,' said Grandpa,
'is another one of my famous anti-itch chicken pox stories!'"
Amy Brown
Barney has chicken pox and is itching up a storm so his Grandfather tells him Grandpa Spanielson's Chicken Pox Stories to keep his mind off of his illness. This time it's about a neighbor who has a snout for chocolate and needs help from the firehouse. AR 2.1

An I Can Read Book (Level 2 Reading with Help)
Christy
Jun 29, 2015 Christy rated it really liked it
Shelves: easy-reader
A SNOUT FOR CHOCOLATE - Grandpa Spanielson's Chickenpox Stories #2 Denys Cazet

Poor Barney's still got the chicken pox. While Grandma is certain he needs rest, Grandpa knows what Barney really needs is another dose of Grandpa's Anti-Itch ..
Edward Creter
Grandpa's next story has him (allegedly) working for the fire department and rescuing Miss Piggleson from choking on chocolate. I've heard of Death by Chocolate but this literally takes the (Chocolate!) cake.
Danielle Simmons
The chicken pox stories are great stories to stop the itch! Grandma tells Barney to get some rest to stop the itch, but grandpa has a different idea. Grandpas anti-itch stories bring this book to life.
Jennifer Oaks
Dec 17, 2011 Jennifer Oaks rated it liked it
This is another book in the series where the little boy has chicken pox and his grandfather tells him another story to make him feel better. This is another humorous story involving the rescue of a neighbor that gets her nose stuck to a box of chocolates in the freezer.
Tate Rytky
Mar 29, 2011 Tate Rytky rated it really liked it
This book was funny because they had to use a hair dryer to get Mrs. Piggerman out of the refrigerator.
Jenny
Jan 13, 2009 Jenny rated it liked it
My three year old really likes the chicken pox stories, especially the Octupus #1. I like the interaction between the grandpa and grandma, I can see my husband and I being like that someday.
Acjerome2002
Acjerome2002 rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2012
Beverly
Beverly rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2014
Allison Marks
Allison Marks rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2017
Emma
Emma rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2013
Alika Kay
Alika Kay rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2012
Shelly
Shelly rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2008
Ellen
Ellen rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2016
Vinitha
Vinitha rated it liked it
Dec 12, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2012
Teresa
Teresa rated it it was ok
May 25, 2014
Ian
Ian rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2013
Caleb
Caleb rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2015
Anita
Anita rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2011
Stacy
Stacy rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2008
Cailyn Hua
Cailyn Hua rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2015
Jon Gooby
Jon Gooby rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2015
Crystal
Crystal rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »

Grandpa Spanielson's Chicken Pox Stories (3 books)
  • The Octopus (Grandpa Spanielson's Chicken Pox Stories #1)
  • The Shrunken Head (Grandpa Spanielson's Chicken Pox Stories #3)