Start by marking “What We've Lost: How the Bush Administration Has Curtailed Our Freedoms, Mortgaged Our Economy, Ravaged Our Environment, and Damaged Our Standing in the World” as Want to Read:

3.24  ·  Rating Details  ·  33 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
"What We've Lost "addresses the fragile state of U.S. democracy with a critical review of the Bush administration" "by one of our leading magazine editors, Graydon Carter. Carter has expressed his deep dissatisfaction with the current state of the nation in his monthly editor's letters in "Vanity Fair--"which have aroused widespread comment--and now provides a sweeping, pa ...more
Published September 8th 2004 by Farrar Straus Giroux

To ask other readers questions about What We've Lost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What We've Lost

Mikey B.
Jan 10, 2013 Mikey B. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Despite there being a plethora of books on the odious Bush Presidency, this one is quite good, as it covers a wide swath of areas impinged on – the military, the economy, the judiciary (as in ultra–conservative court appointments), and secrecy (the Patriot Act). There are some common themes that resonate through-out.

Never before has an elected government been so dominated by big business interests. This has affected the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan; it has impacted the environment (pulling out o
Ashwin
Graydon Carter the editor in chief of Vanity Fair writes about George Bush and how America has been harmed by Various Bush Policies.A must if you want to Know about modern American Politics.
Amy
Mar 22, 2014 Amy rated it liked it
Depressing.
Jeff Eggleston
May 27, 2012 Jeff Eggleston rated it really liked it
This book has some wonderful data on the Bush presidency and how it ran the country into the ground. At this point it might be a little "dated" with everything going on, but if you want some detailed insight into Bush's first term, this is the book for you!
Joe
Jul 08, 2007 Joe rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Republicans who haven't figured it out yet
Some good facts and figures mixed in to a liberal slant that would make Michael Moore blush. The author could have presented these issues without the bias and the reader would have come to the same conclusion.
Gen. Ray
Jan 02, 2009 Gen. Ray added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Oui
Aucune revue encore.
Harry
Harry marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Jay
Jay rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Bob
Bob marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
Victoria
Victoria rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2015
Alan
Alan marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
A Chaos Fairy
A Chaos Fairy marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Kelli
Kelli marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Betsy Schindler
Betsy Schindler rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2014
Malik
Malik marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Doon
Doon rated it it was ok
Mar 08, 2014
Deedee
Deedee rated it it was ok
Mar 04, 2014
Dianne
Dianne marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
Rob
Rob added it
Sep 21, 2013
Chandni
Chandni rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2013
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2013
Erik
Erik rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2013
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2013
Julie
Julie added it
Apr 12, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Edward Graydon Carter is a Canadian-born American journalist and author. He is editor of Vanity Fair. He also co-founded, with Kurt Andersen and Tom Phillips, the satirical monthly magazine Spy in 1986.
More about Graydon Carter...