Start by marking “Coming Back to Me” as Want to Read:
Coming Back to Me

Coming Back to Me

Published September 1st 2003 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Coming Back to Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coming Back to Me

Merve Akıncı
Dec 29, 2014 Merve Akıncı rated it really liked it
Kimi zaman ağladığımda oldu. Gerçekten bir babanın düştüğü zor durumları, oğluna ve karısına bakabilmek için girdiği en saçma işleri ve çözülmez akıl karışıklığı, yalnızlık düğümleriyle hoş bir kitaptı. Bu kitap çok gerçekti.
Kathie
Apr 17, 2013 Kathie rated it really liked it
I read a book by this author because Jodi Piccolt recommended her. I loved this book so much I read everything else she has written and am waiting for her newest book to be released. Her characters are so real and the situations are believable. I finished each of the books in a couple of days and couldn't wait to get to the next. There is a common link between her and Jodi's books and that is the endings are left unfinished. I never have been unsatisfied with that though. It leaves the reader fe ...more
Frieda
Apr 24, 2011 Frieda rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put this book down. It was very interesting to see how these sisters were so different but were there for each other.
Kristi Lewis
Dec 19, 2016 Kristi Lewis rated it it was amazing
This is the second book that I have read by Caroline Leavitt. I have read Girls In Trouble and I loved that book. This book was very good. It was one of those books that I could not put down. I have two sisters that I dearly love. I could relate to the problems in Molly and Suzanne's lives. This story is about love, forgiveness, and never giving up on others that love us. It's now time for me to put all of her other books on my to read list.
Ariele
Feb 21, 2017 Ariele rated it it was ok
Meh. Leavitt's characters are underdeveloped (Molly and Gary's neighbors are painted very one-dimensionally) and Molly's illness appears as a thinly veiled motive for Gary to examine and come to a deeper understanding of himself.
Ceren Ünlü
Jul 03, 2012 Ceren Ünlü rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Caroline Leavitt / Baba
Baba kitabı büyük bir hüzünle okundu, bitti. Hüzünlü, duygusal bir kitaptı. Güzeldi... Yazarı seviyorum. Dilini, tarzını beğeniyorum. Çok içten. Sıcacık. Baba kitabı, dokunaklıydı. Karakterler hikayeye çekicilik katmıştı.
Moly: Yalnız ve iyi olan kişi. Anne ve kız kardeş. Doğum yapmak için kaldırıldığı hastanede yaşamla ölüm arasında gidip gelen bir kadın.
Gary: Dürüst ve doğru olan kişi. Baba. Karısına aşkla bağlı, oğluna bakmaya çalışan adam.
Gerta: Haftalık 1.000 $ maaş al
Louise
Feb 07, 2011 Louise rated it it was ok
Suzanne and Molly grow up together as close sisters until Suzanne becomes a little older and is fed up with life at home and always having to do the chores, the shopping and caring for Molly. She packs up her bags and heads for California never to return.
Molly attends school grows up and meets Gary and falls totally in love with him. They build a wonderful life together, selling the house in Elisabeth that she inherited when her relatives passed away and together bought a resale home in New Jers
Marsha
Dec 18, 2016 Marsha rated it liked it
Caroline Levitt is really good story teller!
Kat
Oct 20, 2013 Kat rated it it was amazing
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★

It can take a long time to build up a life, and only moments to destroy it. Gary and Molly met in the way couples do: after a long haul of being single, quickly becoming soulmates and rejoicing in that fact. Beautiful, red-haired Molly ignites a fire in Gary and he eases the pain she feels about her past. Starting a family is something they both want badly to do, and with great joy, Molly finds herself pregnant.

It is when she leaves for the hospital that things start to go wrong. Only a few week
Pammy
Jun 25, 2015 Pammy rated it it was ok
This is a harsh, sad, woeful tale, hidden behind a teasing beginning between two soul mates that rejoice in what they have found in each other.
And then, with the birth of their first child, "things start to go seriously wrong". COMING BACK TO ME was a page turner for me, because I kept thinking that surely these two young lovers were eventually going to get a break at some point in this story.
But even with the conclusion, the reader is still left hanging, wondering about the medical diagnosis, t
Janet
Nov 01, 2013 Janet rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
I loved this book! The absolute devotion of Gary, along with the brain-numbing futility of going to visit his wife day after day with no visible improvement, caring for his baby alone, and then his growing dependence on Suzanne. I've read and loved many of Caroline Leavitt's books. This one is probably my favorite. Her characters are always so real, so genuine, so fascinating. It's so easy to get to know them and to love them because they are enormously human. This is the last book to read by th ...more
Lori Spielman
May 19, 2013 Lori Spielman rated it it was amazing
I loved this heartbreaking novel about love and loss and redemption. In addition to Leavitt's beautiful writing and intricate storyline, I found the characters flawed and genuine and hope-filled. I was stunned to discover that in the end, my opinion of Suzanne had changed completely, and at times I was rooting for her more than Molly. A beautiful novel about loyalty, forgiveness, and the resilience of the human heart.
Valentina
Aug 08, 2013 Valentina rated it liked it
This is the third book I've read by this author. Her stories are compelling and I can't wait to get back to each one but this book left me rather unfulfilled. It's the first time I've finished a book I liked but then "forgot" I finished it. By that I mean that I almost started looking for it again after I had finished it. Strange. Guess it left me hanging even though story lines were complete enough.
Marilyn
Oct 03, 2014 Marilyn rated it liked it
This story had a lot of potential to be really good but the author did a poor job of building the characters and the emotions involved. The whole weird neighborhood was never explained and I felt there were many ridiculous scenes - I don't know how the sister grew to love the baby so much when she barely paid it any attention for the first month or two she was there. It was just poorly fleshed out. Bleh....
Victoria
May 13, 2010 Victoria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lit-fic, family
Well, I read this book in pretty much one sitting and while it was also engrossing and entertaining, it was not my favorite of her books. It too had an open ending - albeit, not as open as the others' endings.
I have run out of her books now and frankly, I am just shocked at how quickly they all went out of print. They are VERY good... I just wish that they were easier to find!
Kirsten
Apr 24, 2012 Kirsten rated it liked it
I very much enjoyed reading this book. The story was heartbreaking and even though I didn't like some of the things that took place in the book, I can definitely see how they could have happened! I believe this is one of her earlier books but I think it was a very original idea and I really connected to the characters.
Sharon
Oct 10, 2012 Sharon rated it it was ok
I thought this book had a lot of emotion. It was a bit too graphic with the c-section part of the story line. I felt bad when she got sick and didn't get to see her baby for three months. It was nice to see her sister come back to her after all those years and create a bound with the baby. I would've liked a better ending.
Diane
Mar 20, 2012 Diane rated it liked it
One of Caroline Leavitt's earlier books and not one of her best. Story line is a bit trite and the plot is too pat. A young couple, very much in love, have a baby. Wife gets infection during delivery and the story is how the husband copes with the baby at home and a sick wife in the hospital. Complications arise when the estranged sister comes to help out. There are better books to read.
Arda
Jan 09, 2014 Arda added it
Tamam anne kitabını sevmiştim ama bu kitap çok duygusaldı. Beni benden aldı okurken.. O yüzden anneyi okuyup beğenenler lütfen bu kitabı kaçırmasınlar.
Bir baba ve tüm mücadelesi. Mutlaka okumanız gerek.
Kyla Skinner
Jan 13, 2011 Kyla Skinner rated it really liked it
This story was a little dramatic and emo, but it was interesting and entertaining. It reminded me not to take my health, or my family's health, for granted. You never know when things can happen. Also, a good reminder that relationships can be repaired.
lyle
Dec 04, 2009 lyle rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
I enjoyed this book. Caroline Leavitt has a way of breathing life and high drama into ordinary family relationships. There are interesting plot twists and turns in addition to Leavitt's dependably wonderful characterization.
Tina Othberg
Apr 04, 2015 Tina Othberg rated it it was amazing
I could have finished this book weeks ago. But I found myself rationing it, to make it last longer. I've had 20 pages left for over a week. There's something about Caroline Leavitt's writing that just sucks you in, makes you feel like you know these characters.
Mfaye
Mar 10, 2014 Mfaye rated it it was amazing
Even while getting irritated with Gary I understood his need to reach out for people as he dealt with the uncertainty of Molly's health. I ended up reading the book hoping for a happy ending for all. But this is no fairy tale. It is well written and I will look for other books by this author.
Gerry
Apr 09, 2016 Gerry rated it it was ok
A young wife gives birth to her first child, and three days later becomes critically ill; meanwhile, her husband loses his job and turns in desperation to her long-estranged sister to help him care for the newborn baby. Bland writing, stereotypical characters.
Anne Halsted
Jan 20, 2010 Anne Halsted rated it it was ok
This book left me cold.I did not feel the hospital scenes or the baby scenes were heart-felt. It was just too...
Ann
Jul 27, 2014 Ann rated it liked it
The story carries you right along, so it's a good read from that stand point, but I can''t say that it leaves you with anything in the end.
Mayra
Feb 13, 2013 Mayra rated it liked it
I was not as excited with the ending. Seems like the author rushed to finish the book and left a few things "lingering" around unfinished. Sad story though
Caren Nicholas
Feb 11, 2011 Caren Nicholas rated it liked it
Another book sale find. Leavitt is a good writer and you end of caring about the characters she creates.
Joan
Feb 06, 2012 Joan rated it it was amazing
I love this author! Her writing style draws you in immediately. This was a fantastic story! I could hardly put it down.
  • Awake
  • A Girl in Parts
  • The Big Beautiful
  • Two Truths and a Lie
  • Between Friends
  • A Cellarful of Noise (Rhino Rediscovery)
  • The Spirit of Covington (Ladies of Covington, #4)
  • The Life You've Imagined
  • The Baby Merchant
  • Daniel Isn't Talking
  • Any Place I Hang My Hat
  • The Turtle Warrior
Caroline Leavitt is the New York Times bestselling author of is This Tomorrow and Pictures of You (Algonquin Books), which. Pictures of You was on the Best Books of the Year lists from the San Francisco Chronicle, The Providence Journal, Bookmarks and Kirkus Reviews. It was also a Costco Pennie's Pick. Is This Tomorrow was long listed for the Main Readers Prize, a WNBA Reading group Choice, A San ...more
More about Caroline Leavitt...