An Inconvenient Husband

An Inconvenient Husband

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  10 reviews
It wasn't that Nicky hadn't loved her husband - quite the opposite. By leaving Nicky had hoped to provoke some kind of reaction. Blake Chandler was the strong and silent type. He didn't show much emotion behind those impassive grey eyes. Of course, Nicky's plan had misfired - Blake had been only too happy to sign the divorce papers.
Now, four years later, Nicky is abducted...more
Published May 1st 1997 by Harlequin Books (first published April 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about An Inconvenient Husband, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Inconvenient Husband

Leona
A very raw, very real portrayal of a marriage that is destroyed when two people play games and refuse to communicate with each other. One is motivated by pride, the other is plagued with insecurities, but both love each other madly.

This is a second chance at love and a HEA. I thought this story was very well done and one of the better HPs I have come across. It is subtle without a lot of tension, but yet very powerful. I was frustrated at times watching them carelessly throw away something so p...more
Onu
The heart desires to be loved and wanted. And often a lack of communication can play havoc in the lives of two people who are immensely in love with each other. This is such a "real" story. It has happened to so many people we know but life is cruel and we seldom get a second chance to clear the air. We seldom get a second chance at love. So we spend our life in anguish, filling our heart with hatred and resentment.

We are introduced to Blake, the strong, silent , responsible type, who didn't ex...more
Booklover
This was an interesting read,the couples are divorced based on so many misunderstandings,hero is always on business trips and heroin is left alone never a word of love is spoken by hubby which leads wife thinking he does'nt loves her ,in the start of their marraige wife keeps saying she loves him but cause of lack of response she stops saying which leads hubby to think now she does'nt loves him thus the divorce but now after 4 years heroin's life is threatened and hero is back they spent some ti...more
sbf20112011
I really liked the characters in this one, and was happy to see them get their happily ever after. Not a 5-star though because I thought the story was a little too flat -- not enough ups and downs, just sort of meandered along until it finished. Still a decent read though.
RebeccaL
I just can't understand why two people are so in love with each other but can have so much trouble in communicating their wants and need and to the extreme that they can't express their love.
R
I just did not see any romance in this, gave up on it 1/3 in the book.
Jen
I really like the way van der Zee explores relationships. Sure, they do border on the melodramatic, but there is a solid foundation of truth within. Communication is so fundamental to a healthy and lasting relationship – Blake and Nicky's insecurities and reticence led to a divorce neither of them even wanted.
Ally
Feb 19, 2011 Ally added it
Shelves: 2011-read, romance
EeeJay
3.5

Too much coming-together-no-we're-not for me. Still, a mature emotional read
Orchid Jones
IT WAS HOT////
Julz
Julz marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Betty
Betty marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
RebeccaL
RebeccaL marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
Malika
Malika marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014
Sun
Sun marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Theo
Theo added it
Nov 13, 2013
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2013
Fms
Fms marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2013
Glory
Glory marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2013
Kadeesha Obrian
Kadeesha Obrian marked it as to-read
May 05, 2013
I always wanted to write, ever since I was a child growing up in Holland. I was a dreamer, reading books and making up my own stories. I had notebooks full of stories which I illustrated with crayon drawings. My brothers burned the notebooks in the attic one day, fortunately not burning down the house. They don’t remember this now, but I do!

I also always wanted to travel. Holland is very flat and...more
More about Karen van der Zee...
One More Time Shadows On Bali  (Harlequin Presents, No. 1126) Something in Return A Secret Sorrow Sweet Not Always.