Start by marking “Solitude's Fine” as Want to Read:
Solitude's Fine

Solitude's Fine

A gripping short story chronicling the journey of an eighteen year-old’s discovery of sex, violence, love, pain and grief – and the realisation that they’re all the same thing.

Written by an eighteen year-old John Porter, fiction has never been so hauntingly honest.

Contains adult themes.
Published July 7th 2014 by John Porter

To ask other readers questions about Solitude's Fine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Solitude's Fine

Sreesha Divakaran
Dec 09, 2015 Sreesha Divakaran rated it liked it
Shelves: owned-books, ebook
Genre/Themes: Short, Fiction, Homosexuality, Teen

This is the story of an 18-year old teenager, John Porter. This short story shocks the reader. It is brutally honest and what you notice at first is how “raw” the writing is. I truly cannot think of another word to describe the writing style.

As this is a short story, I cannot write much about the characters without revealing the plot. The author tries to keep the identity of the protagonist a secret in the beginning, and right from the revelation
Books On Fire Tours
Aug 29, 2014 Books On Fire Tours rated it it was amazing
For 26 pages (on my kindle), I got the best little read I had in a while.

The narrative suggests you are in the mind of a teenage girl when you read the first chapter. That turns out to be a very wrong assumption. I had to go back and check that I had read it right! I don't want to give the story away, so all I am going to say is that was very entertaining YA read.

The writing is good enough to get you hooked and the story powerful enough leave an impression. I had a bit of a problem understandi
P.S. Winn
Aug 14, 2014 P.S. Winn rated it really liked it
This isn't a story I would usually pick up, b ut as you read John Porter's words you will find yourself amazed at the raw honesty. This is a very short read and I would probably be interested in where the story will go. A bit shocking for some, but it deals well with the feelings associated with life.
Holly
Holly rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2014
Philip
Philip marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Tanya Taimanglo
Tanya Taimanglo marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Patrick
Patrick marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014