Start by marking “The Exterminators, Vol. 4: Crossfire and Collateral” as Want to Read:
The Exterminators, Vol. 4: Crossfire and Collateral

The Exterminators, Vol. 4: Crossfire and Collateral (The Exterminators #4)

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  185 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Follow the dysfunctional, disturbing adventures of exterminator Henry James and his freakish cohorts as they take on the cruel chaos of nature in the dirtiest corners of Los Angeles. This is the smart and scary tale of roaches, rats, raccoons and the men who kill them. In this volume, illustrated by Darick Robertson, the artist of TRANSMETROPLITAN, the Bug Bee Gone gang fa ...more
Published May 13th 2008 by Vertigo

To ask other readers questions about The Exterminators, Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Exterminators, Vol. 4

J.G. Keely
As the plot gets more complex, the structure and pacing are falling apart. I can see why this series had its run cut short. The plot is getting very convenient and over-the-top, and Oliver doesn't spare on exposition in the form of pseudoscientific explanations and ancient, conspiratorial histories, neither of which I'm sure add much.

So now, apparently, Oliver is picking up Morrison's flaws as well as his merits, and also escalating Ennis' flaws of overly badass protagonists, inhumanly villainou
This series is such fun - if long buried and recently released Egyptian roach gods out to revenge all insect life from the ravages humanity has caused - and there is only one thing that could revenge such genocide - complete domination of the earth, starting naturally in Las Vegas. And what stands in the way of this insect takeover of the earth? That's right, it's the reluctant heroes of Bug-B-Gone!!!

It's gonna be a bumpy sleigh ride!!!
I mainly blame myself for this low rating because I read the first three in a 2 month period and now its been half a year since I read the 3rd book.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still hooked. But the art took a significant quality hit this time around and the story wasn't as strong because it was mainly a set up for the next book.

I'll be eagerly anticipating the next book while hoping the art improves.
Still enjoying the series. It is a goofy, mostly disgusting, adventure featuring some great characters and artwork.

That said...personally I found the bugs to be a lot more creepy and disgusting when they were smaller (i.e. "normal" sized). The whole angle with the Mayan Hisser cockroaches almost, repeat almost, took this into cheesy monster-movie territory for me.
I was giving the series the benefit of the doubt... up until this volume. Here's where it starts falling apart, mainly because it's trying to be too many things at once, all the while leaving the various plot lines weakly developed and the main storyline only quasi-interesting.
Reetta Saine
Aamulla parkkipaikalla oli tuholaistorjunnan auto. Reality check. Melkein suutelin kuljettajaa.
TJ Shelby
A prophecy fulfilled, the war is here. Good story, great disgusting imagery.
Dumb de de dumb dumb.
Sam McCanna
read for fun
Christopher marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2015
Joe Wygocki
Joe Wygocki marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
  • Air, Volume 2: Flying Machine
  • Invincible: Ultimate Collection, Vol. 8
  • Incorruptible, Vol. 7
  • American Virgin, Volume 3: Wet
  • Goatsucker (Proof, #1)
  • The Starman Omnibus, Vol. 2
  • DMZ, Vol. 9: M.I.A.
  • The Fugue (Fall of Cthulhu, #1)
  • House of Mystery, Vol. 5: Under New Management

The Exterminators (5 books)
  • The Exterminators, Vol. 1: Bug Brothers