Start by marking “Do You Love Football?!: Winning with Heart, Passion, and Not Much Sleep” as Want to Read:
Do You Love Football?!: Winning with Heart, Passion, and Not Much Sleep

Do You Love Football?!: Winning with Heart, Passion, and Not Much Sleep

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  166 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
When Jon Gruden asks his Tampa Bay Bucs, "Do you love football?!" it's to remind them why they pull on their shoulder pads every Sunday morning. It's not about the money or the fame; it's about their passion for what they do.

And passion is something that has fueled Gruden's entire career. From his college playing days and his climb through the coaching ranks -- from colleg
Published August 10th 2004 by It Books (first published September 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Do You Love Football?!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Do You Love Football?!

Devyn C
Sep 11, 2015 Devyn C rated it it was amazing

Do You Love Football?! Winning with Heart, Passion, & Not Much Sleep by Jon Gruden was really a fascinating and insightful book. When I picked up this book I expected a boring documentary on the life of Jon Gruden, but what I got was words on pages that sucked you in, an inspiring story, and a once in a lifetime experience. Since football is my passion and my life the book made perfect sense to me but to someone who might not be as knowledgeable about the sport might not understand some term
Dominic Petrella
As most probably know now, the majority of my reading is centered around memoirs and books on leadership and philosophy. This particular book might be the fastest I've read through a memoir. Jon Gruden has a very enthusiastic and intense personality, as shown on Monday Night Football when he announces games with Mike Tirico. The strength of this book is the conversation-like writing style that it possesses. Everything - pace of the book, word choice and style in writing - makes it feel like you ...more
CJ
Apr 21, 2011 CJ rated it it was amazing
This is a 256 page book is a biography of Jon Gruden's life as a football coach. He tells about his hardships and his accomplishments. You can really fallow along and understand where he's coming from. Reading this book not only gives you an insite on his football belief, but also helps you learn more about how the NFl works. This book is unique because it's Gruden's beliefs. It's completely his side. This book is a really good book if your looking into a career as a coach. I'd say the only bad ...more
Robert Grant
Nov 12, 2014 Robert Grant rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This book is a must for all football fans. An insiders journey from little boy to the head coach of a Super Bowl winning team-Gruden takes us along with wonderful stories and memories from an incredible life in football. I have a new appreciation and a new respect for the man after reading this book. I enjoy his antics in the MNF booth but would much prefer to see him on the sidelines coaching an NFL team. Heres hoping he comes back to the fold one day soon.
Reca
Jul 27, 2008 Reca rated it liked it
This book was written just after the Super Bowl win by the Bucs in 2003 and I was interested in learning more about Gruden. It did not disappoint into giving me more insight into him since he is a former quarterback who never played in the NFL and now it helps to understand his love of quarterbacks. I did appreciate him talking about the Bucs defense he inherited and it was pretty interesting to see how small the coaching world is in the NFL and NCAA.
Danny
Jul 06, 2013 Danny rated it liked it
Anyone who loves 'Chuckie' would enjoy this book. Gruden explains how is strong obsession for football was created and how it translates to his everyday life. Recommend for football junkies (he takes you through his earliest years coaching and inside the meeting and locker rooms on some memorable games & times in NFL history.)

Not quite as substantive as Tony Dungy's books, but I would still give this a shot.
Daniel Hynds
Apr 11, 2011 Daniel Hynds rated it liked it
Nice little biopic about Gruden who I love as a head coach. You get inside his head a bit and see what makes him tick. You quickly realize he is just such a student of the game that he coached the right way and was a players coach. Everything I expected from it - a little history, a little insight, a little cheese factor. Not bad at all.
Megan
Apr 24, 2008 Megan rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction
This book was recommended to me after I read The Blind Side by Michael Lewis. It was interesting, informative, and a passionate recount of Gruden's success. However, Gruden is not a writer, so at times it felt like I was reading a young adult sports book.
Shane
Oct 19, 2014 Shane rated it liked it
Fun quick read from one of my favourite football personalities. Wish it had been updated and more recent, but still a good look back at Gruden's football history.
Ali
Jul 10, 2012 Ali rated it it was amazing
AMAZING sports read from the most passionate and intense NFL head coach!
David Spencer
Jan 13, 2009 David Spencer rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Very entertaining and a great look inside the mind of a coach.
Sara
Jan 18, 2012 Sara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I do love football!!! And Jon Gruden!!!
David
May 27, 2008 David rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone in the whole world
maybe the greatest book ever written...
Brian
Dec 18, 2008 Brian rated it liked it
Kind of fun
Zach Hanna
Zach Hanna marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Brian Haran
Brian Haran rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2016
Jeff
Jeff is currently reading it
Apr 09, 2016
Mark
Mark rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2016
Liam
Liam marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2016
Ethan Schreiber
Ethan Schreiber rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2016
Karla Bledsoe
Karla Bledsoe rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2016
Chris Nini
Chris Nini rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2016
David
David rated it liked it
Feb 10, 2016
Steve Swett
Steve Swett rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Patrick Trinidad
Patrick Trinidad rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2016
Marco
Marco added it
Jan 19, 2016
Nick Chandra
Nick Chandra rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2016
Jeff Delucia
Jeff Delucia is currently reading it
Jan 08, 2016
Jason
Jason added it
Jan 02, 2016
What makes Jon Gruden such a successful coach in the NFL? 1 1 Dec 07, 2015 05:49AM
  • The Last Coach: A Life of Paul "Bear" Bryant
  • Confessions: An Innnocent Life in Communist China
  • Times to Remember
  • The Choice: How Bill Clinton Won
  • Badasses: The Legend of Snake, Foo, Dr. Death, and John Madden's Oakland Raiders
  • Leonardo da Vinci : The First Scientist
  • The Best of Vogue® Knitting Magazine: 25 Years of Articles, Techniques, and Expert Advice
  • The Crafter's Devotional: 365 Days of Tips, Tricks, and Techniques for Unlocking Your Creative Spirit
  • Vintage Knits: 30 Exquisite Vintage-Inspired Patterns for Cardigans, Twin Sets, Crewnecks and More
  • The Archaeology of Greece: An Introduction
  • Sports Illustrated: The Football Book
  • Madame Mao: The White-Boned Demon
  • Instant Replay: The Green Bay Diary of Jerry Kramer
  • The Readers' Advisory Guide To Genre Fiction
  • Zhou Enlai: The Last Perfect Revolutionary
  • The Last Man Who Knew Everything: Thomas Young, the Anonymous Polymath Who Proved Newton Wrong, Explained How We See, Cured the Sick, and Deciphered the Rosetta Stone, Among Other Feats of Genius
  • The Ones Who Hit the Hardest: The Steelers, the Cowboys, the '70s, and the Fight for America's Soul
  • Material Obsession: Modern Quilts with Traditional Roots