Do You Love Football?!: Winning with Heart, Passion, and Not Much Sleep

Do You Love Football?!: Winning with Heart, Passion, and Not Much Sleep

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  10 reviews
When Jon Gruden asks his Tampa Bay Bucs, "Do you love football?!" it's to remind them why they pull on their shoulder pads every Sunday morning. It's not about the money or the fame; it's about their passion for what they do.

And passion is something that has fueled Gruden's entire career. From his college playing days and his climb through the coaching ranks -- from colleg...more
Published August 10th 2004 by It Books (first published August 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Do You Love Football?!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Do You Love Football?!

CJ
This is a 256 page book is a biography of Jon Gruden's life as a football coach. He tells about his hardships and his accomplishments. You can really fallow along and understand where he's coming from. Reading this book not only gives you an insite on his football belief, but also helps you learn more about how the NFl works. This book is unique because it's Gruden's beliefs. It's completely his side. This book is a really good book if your looking into a career as a coach. I'd say the only bad...more
Robert Grant
This book is a must for all football fans. An insiders journey from little boy to the head coach of a Super Bowl winning team-Gruden takes us along with wonderful stories and memories from an incredible life in football. I have a new appreciation and a new respect for the man after reading this book. I enjoy his antics in the MNF booth but would much prefer to see him on the sidelines coaching an NFL team. Heres hoping he comes back to the fold one day soon.
Reca
This book was written just after the Super Bowl win by the Bucs in 2003 and I was interested in learning more about Gruden. It did not disappoint into giving me more insight into him since he is a former quarterback who never played in the NFL and now it helps to understand his love of quarterbacks. I did appreciate him talking about the Bucs defense he inherited and it was pretty interesting to see how small the coaching world is in the NFL and NCAA.
Danny
Anyone who loves 'Chuckie' would enjoy this book. Gruden explains how is strong obsession for football was created and how it translates to his everyday life. Recommend for football junkies (he takes you through his earliest years coaching and inside the meeting and locker rooms on some memorable games & times in NFL history.)

Not quite as substantive as Tony Dungy's books, but I would still give this a shot.
Daniel Hynds
Nice little biopic about Gruden who I love as a head coach. You get inside his head a bit and see what makes him tick. You quickly realize he is just such a student of the game that he coached the right way and was a players coach. Everything I expected from it - a little history, a little insight, a little cheese factor. Not bad at all.
Megan
This book was recommended to me after I read The Blind Side by Michael Lewis. It was interesting, informative, and a passionate recount of Gruden's success. However, Gruden is not a writer, so at times it felt like I was reading a young adult sports book.
Ali
AMAZING sports read from the most passionate and intense NFL head coach!
David Spencer
Very entertaining and a great look inside the mind of a coach.
David
May 27, 2008 David rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone in the whole world
maybe the greatest book ever written...
Brian
Kind of fun
Tori
Tori added it
Apr 09, 2014
Matt
Matt is currently reading it
Mar 12, 2014
Kyle
Kyle marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
Shane
Shane marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Do You Love Football?! Do You Love Football?!: Winning with Heart, Passion, and Not Much Sleep Do You Love Football?!