Start by marking “As Time Goes By ('Til The Boys Come Home, #3)” as Want to Read:
As Time Goes By ('Til The Boys Come Home, #3)

As Time Goes By ('Til The Boys Come Home #3)

As Time Goes By is a 387 hardbound book written by Jerry Borrowman. It is a World War II Novel - Battle of Britain. As German bombs fall over London and England is drawn into war, members of the Carlyle family are forced to make choices that will deeply affect their lives-and the lives of thousands of others. Family patriarch Philip, a member of the House of Lords and a co ...more
Published January 1st 2007 by Covenant Communications, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about As Time Goes By, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about As Time Goes By

Becky
Jul 16, 2009 Becky rated it really liked it
I really liked this book, but I tend to be a sucker for historical fiction dealing with World War II. It was a refreshing change to see it from the British point of view.
Suzanne
Mar 12, 2008 Suzanne rated it really liked it
This was the third book I've read by Jerry Borrowman, and it actually was my favorite so far. The story follows the Battle of Britain in WWII, and while I've read a fair amount about that timeperiod, I did learn some things from the British perspective (such as what the war front was like in Africa). His writing seemed to flow better in this novel, and I also really enjoyed the character development that occured throughout the book. My only complaint is that I felt the story ended a bit abruptly ...more
Amanda
Oct 18, 2009 Amanda rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, historical fiction is my favorite way to read history. Borrowman did a great job at developing each character and I appreciated that the fictional part was a great story and unpredictable. I would definitely read this again and recommend it to others. I hope there is a sequel that continues with the Carlyle family because I felt that it ended abruptly, there were still some loose ends to tie up. Just went to Borrowman's website and there is a sequel entitled Home Agai ...more
Andrew
Dec 12, 2009 Andrew rated it really liked it
This book was almost as good as Till the boys come home. It had a very great ending and it was constant action. I can't wait to get the last book. Another thing it had was ship action this others didn't have. The first had artillery and planes, the second submarines and planes. I can see this clearly in a movie, music and all. Sadness, happiness, missions... I hope the fourth will be at least half as good.
Jul 07, 2008 Sarah rated it liked it
This is the final book in the series and it takes the view again from two different soldiers but from the British point of view. And from one British soldier who served in Africa. It was fun to read from different perspectives.
Karma
Feb 03, 2009 Karma rated it really liked it
Lots of war action and less of the fictional family's story. An interesting read if you're into World War 2 stories.
Karen
Nov 08, 2009 Karen rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book by Jerry Borrowman - He writes a good book and keeps your interest
Megan Alton
Oct 30, 2013 Megan Alton rated it really liked it
Even though this book is supposed to be the third in the series, you actually go back to the first events of WWII. That took some getting used to. I love Jerry Borrowman's historical fiction because it follows the characters through the events of the war, no wandering just to cover an event or conversation that the characters wouldn't have been privy to. I enjoyed this book but I did have a hard time dealing with one of the characters actions and emotions. Most of the time the main characters in ...more
Katie
Oct 05, 2015 Katie rated it really liked it
I've really been enjoying these books. The reader for the audio is great and I also love all the details that the author uses.
Sandy
Jan 25, 2010 Sandy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lds-authors
LDS Historical Fiction.
A World War II Novel-Battle of Britain.
"The outbreak of war threatened all families living in England, including
the rich and powerful. Lord Philip Carlyle, a member of Winston
Churchill’s War Cabinet, was keenly aware of the danger as the father
of two military age sons, Michael and Dominic. Although both were
born in America they had spent most of their lives living at Carlyle
Manor near London. Now their adopted country would call on them at
its hour of greatest need." Highly
Alyssa
Mar 28, 2012 Alyssa rated it really liked it
I liked that the view was a British view. I didn't know too much from the British perspective. So my Historic part of me really got to see what England went through before America came in. They were alone and trying to find a way into German Occupied Europe.

The story was great as well. I usually don't read to many War books but I liked this one. The characters were good and the plot flowed. I liked the book before a tish better but I think it held its own. And I learned a bunch from a historica
Rayna Gausnell
Good book
Cheryl
Oct 07, 2009 Cheryl rated it liked it
A friend gave my husband this book and it was just sitting there so I read it. I had read so much fantasy thanks to my kids, that I was ready to try something different. This book was about a family involved in WWII with ties to both the US and England. It was an easy read, not deep, and I did learn a lot about the history of the time. As long as you know that it is historical fiction, and LDS fiction at that, it was an interesting read.
Cnelsonquilt
Mar 23, 2009 Cnelsonquilt rated it really liked it
this is the 3rd book in this series of 4 books. it is LDS fiction witten by jerry borrowman who lives in sandy. i have liked them alot.
this wone takes place with the English being the main characters. The son Dominic is the one character i could not relate to. I am not sure he was very realistic. the rest of the characters were great. I liked the Churchill references.
Tami
Mar 30, 2009 Tami rated it really liked it
I was shocked at one part...won't tell you when or why! = ) And it made me bawl! Of course, I cry fairly easy with a good story. This book was filled with action without the gory details. Better than I'll Be Seeing You, I think. Fascinating way to learn about the war in the Pacific (WWII).
Roy
Oct 03, 2012 Roy rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the British perspective and particularly that the author shared so much about his thoughts of what precipitated the war. The storyline of the eldest son was very interesting as well. The struggle with the second son was heart wrenching, put so very well done. A great book!
Ellie Revert
Feb 18, 2010 Ellie Revert rated it really liked it
Once again this author captivates me, and explains so much about our military--------and about England, and about the Mormon Church. I have one more book to go, and I will keep this series on my permanent bookshelf---the books are that great!
Brian
Sep 03, 2012 Brian rated it really liked it
Pretty good book. Interesting to read it from the British point of view. I always enjoy reading about WWII and this book surprised me with a few stories that I had no idea about, which I really enjoyed reading about.
Kim
May 09, 2015 Kim rated it liked it
This series dragged a bit and the first two books I enjoyed more than the last. But...they're clean, Christian, and historical fiction. It's a time period I like to read about as well.
Nov 20, 2008 Sarah rated it it was ok
Shelves: lds-fiction
I enjoyed the first 2 books of this series very much, but this one was hard to get into. It felt like I was reading it to get done with it rather than enjoying to story.
Bartley Nicholes
Sep 04, 2009 Bartley Nicholes rated it really liked it
I did like this book. However, I didn't like it as much as I did the others. I wasn't drawn in as deep emotionally as I was with the other two in this series.
Alyssa
Jan 30, 2008 Alyssa is currently reading it
This book is off to a slow start...I hope it gets more interesting to me.
Aud
Apr 25, 2008 Aud rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-ve-read
I thought it was a good story about two brothers going off to war.
Scott Birk

Michelle S
Apr 22, 2008 Michelle S rated it liked it
Entertaining
Lauren Perotto
Lauren Perotto marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2016
  • Prelude to Glory, Vol. 4: The Hand of Providence
  • Power of Deliverance (The Promised Land, #2)
  • A Distant Prayer
  • Saboteur: A Novel of Love and War
  • Three Against Hitler
  • Traitor
  • Faith of Our Fathers: To Make Men Free (Volume Two)
  • Alma
  • Behold the Man (The Kingdom and the Crown #3)
Jerry Borrowman is a best-selling author of fourteen published books, most military fiction and co-authored biography. He and Rudi Wobbe, co-authors of Three Against Hitler, are recipients of the prestigious George Washington National Medal of the Freedom Foundation at Valley Forge,"for their contribution to the cause of freedom."

Jerry is known for his meticulous attention to historical detail, in
More about Jerry Borrowman...

'Til The Boys Come Home (4 books)
  • 'Til the Boys Come Home: A World War I Novel
  • I'll Be Seeing You: A World War II Novel, Pacific Theater ('Til The Boys Come Home, #2)
  • Home Again at Last