Red Fury

Red Fury (Blood Angels #3)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  182 ratings  ·  8 reviews
The next installment in the popular Blood Angels series, Red Fury starts a new story arc telling the Blood Angels fight to restore their Chapter to its full glory!
Mass Market Paperback, 256 pages
Published August 26th 2008 by Games Workshop (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Red Fury, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red Fury

Leo
Aug 29, 2010 Leo rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Warhammer readers
Red fury starts off with a blood angel sergent on and his squad on the planet Eritaen. Their mission is to find the Flesh tearer chapter master and ask him to give some of his precious battle-brother to the blood angel chapter so that they can regain their numbers after the events that led them to the brink of civil war.

The blood angels and their successor chapters meet on baal but then the traitor fabius bile appears and wreaks havoc on the planet. Chapters unite and fend of the attack, but Fa...more
Dylan Murphy
So, this review is going to be horribly biased because of my interest in the Blood Angels and all of the Successor Chapters. Especially the Flesh Tearers, who are some pretty important characters in the plot. Lucky me! So, the novel overall is fairly slow paced to begin with, and if you aren't a huge Blood Angels fan(or at least interested in them) I think you will view this as a chore, though since I am an interested fan, I loved it.

I think that they could not have chosen better antagonists, fr...more
Mary Catelli
Red Fury takes up with Rafen, now Brother-Sergeant, leads his squad on a planet where Chaos forces have taken hold. The Flesh-Tearer Space Marines drop a building on their heads. They know the Blood Angels will survive, and just want to be annoying, partly because they think they have come to interfere. In fact, Rafen came to deliver a message, to ask their Chapter Master Seth to come to a conclave of chapters -- successor chapters, also derived from Sanguinius.

Seth comes. So do many other chapt...more
Christian
Ugh. You would think that Lord Dante and Mephiston fighting with the Chapter Masters of the successor chapters would be cooler and more epic. It's not. C'mon Swallow! You want to show us how the Blood Angels are noble? Show them in relation to regular people. When they meet mere mortals show noblesse oblige not contemptuous disdain! More jet packs and what everyone wants to see... Death from Above! Furioso Dreadnoughts! Deeps striking Land Raiders! Fast Baal Predators! I'm so blase about these n...more
Andrew Ziegler
I give this book a hearty...meh. Swallow excelled in his story The Flight of the Eisentstein, but his treatment of the Blood Angels and their heroes is truly uninspired. The first two novels were mired in battles and gore, this one was mired in soap opera interactions and surprise surprise a sub-plot featuring Chaos and a Marine too stupid or proud to see it for what it is. Stick with well penned Marine novels by the likes of Abnett.
Alec
Jul 27, 2009 Alec rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 40k
I enjoyed this book better than its two predecessors, Deus Encarmine and Deus Sanguinius.

It gave a better understanding of the Blood Angels better than the first two books and i think it had a more solid story.
Davion Hellstrom
Kevin Muirhead
A superb book chronicaling one Blood Angel on his campaignes.
Kelso
Kelso marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Jose
Jose added it
Jul 16, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
William
William marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Sawudsuwon Juntarakup
Sawudsuwon Juntarakup marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
James Swallow is a British author and scriptwriter, a New York Times Bestseller and BAFTA nominee. He is the author of over thirty-five original books and tie-in novels, as well as numerous short stories, audio dramas and videogames.

His writing includes The Sundowners series of Western fiction steampunk novels, Jade Dragon, The Butterfly Effect and fiction from the worlds of Star Trek, Warhammer 4...more
More about James Swallow...
The Flight of the Eisenstein Nemesis Fear to Tread Doctor Who: Peacemaker Deus Ex: Icarus Effect